Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2172467 12/10/08 03:40 PM
B
OP Offline
B
You all have probably heard about the F18 military jet that crashed into a home in San Diego.

The pilot was coming from a ship in the ocean and lost one engine. He tried to make it back to the base at Miramar, and then lost the second engine. He ejected at the last possible moment and the jet crashed into a home.

There has been lots of controversy here. Many people second guessing the pilot, the location of the base, etc.

The home that burned had a woman, her 2 year old daughter, 15 month old daughter and her mother in it. They all died.

The husband was at work. He came from Korea. Apparently he was a good husband and his life revolved around his family.

When they interviewed him, he said that he would miss his family but knew they were with the Lord. He said he knew the pilot did all that he could, and that he hoped that pilot wouldn't suffer trauma.

W
W
Oh, B, that is so sad. I had heard about it but the last I heard one of the children was missing.

How amazing that the husband is so gracious to the pilot.

B
OP Offline
B
Yes, he said the pilot was one of our national treasures.

It makes me sad but also I admire the husband so much.

My dad taught fighter pilots in WW2, and he always said the pilot should drive the plane into the ground and not eject.

I've been reading the blogs and it seems that a jet with no engines can't be controlled.

W
W
My dad taught fighter pilots in WW2, and he always said the pilot should drive the plane into the ground and not eject.

Is that so they are not captured? It would probably be better to die than be captured by the enemy.

I've been reading the blogs and it seems that a jet with no engines can't be controlled.

And in such a populated area, he may not have had many options if he could control it.

P
P
The plane will force the pilot to eject when a collision with terrain is inevitable.

He probably did ride it to the point of forced ejection, however at 200mph, things happen really fast and he most likely thought the plane had the ravine made when it punched him out.

Too bad it fell short only a couple of hundred feet, he almost had it made, once it reaches an uncontrollable airspeed he has no sayso where it goes as it becomes a lawn dart.

Don't think the pilot won't live with this the rest of his life and not blame himself or ask "what if I did something different".

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Q
Q
In the end, all we have is our FAITH that for whatever happens, G-d will turn it to good and that there is a reason for his purpose and one day someone somehow will be blessed because of it.

It seems so stupid to believe this, but I do.... because people's suffering just hurts too much sometimes...

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
OP Offline
B
"The plane will force the pilot to eject when a collision with terrain is inevitable."

Really? I haven't heard anything about that in the blogs. But I do know that the plane was very low (treetops) before he ejected.

C
C
This incredible man makes me feel shame for all the petty annoyances in my life where I reacted in anger.

Divorced:
"Never shelter anyone from the realities of their decisions": Noodle

You believe easily what you hope for ernestly

Infidelity does not kill marriages, the lying does

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation