This is a follow-up to "Falsely Accused! Divorce Likely!". My wife did take the kids and go to Jacksonville yesterday. I called her Dad and spoke with him about this problem last night and told him I didn't want a divorce (even though I'm the one who brought it up when I was hurt & angry). He called me at 8:20pm to let me know they made it safely.
I don't know what to do next. She's told me she doesn't want divorce and even called my grandmother yesterday morning and told her that she loves me and didn't want a divorce. I'm just so confused as to what to do next. Her trip to Jax was to "have some space" and "think". I feel like the bad guy here! I'm falsely accused of something I didn't do...and I'm the bad guy. I've decided that I'm not going to call/e-mail her while she's gone--respecting her "space". I just don't know what to do next. This problem can't just be swept under the rug. I feel like the marital bond is broken or was just NEVER there to start with.
I spoke with my therapist yesterday and she told me it wasn't uncommon for family to believe (side with) another family member. I'm just SO HURT that my wife never uttered a single word in my defense. I'm not so sure that divorce wouldn't be the best decision in this situation.
I'm picking up my Son this afternoon and we're going to TN to visit my grandmother for the weekend. I have no one to talk to--hence my blog here on MB. THANK YOU for your words of encouragement and support. Please keep my situation in prayer.