Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2195782 01/19/09 12:08 PM
C
OP Offline
C
It's on VH1, a reality show, but boy does it hit home! These men sign up thinking they're trying to win 'best man' or some such and $100,000. They are filmed showing how much of a lady's man they all are, how well they can pick up chicks, and then they go to this house thinking they're going to a party to show how well they do, but when they get in there, they come face to face with their own girlfriends!

Turns out, the girlfriends signed them up for Tool Academy (as in, you're being a tool) because they're so fed up with being run around on and disrespected that they're going to give their boyfriends one last chance. It's run by a psychologist, and they literally have to face their own actions, in front of their girlfriend, and the rest of the couples.

Typical reality competition, but it is so enlightening - and fascinating - to watch these guys who have gone through life cheating on their girlfriends and other stuff, have to finally face the damage they've caused.

If you watch it, I recommend going to vh1.com to see the first two episodes to catch up.

It is truly fascinating.

M
M
How funny! I watched part of an episode today while exercising and thought it was "karmic" given what has happened in my life. I think I will "DVR" it because even tho it's a dumb reality show on VH1, it might provide some insight. However, I wanted to shout at the women through the TV, "run away fast!"

K
K
I saw enough of an episode to be amazed that their girlfriends didn't already know their "men" were cheating d-bags and yes, tools.

I also couldn't figure out why the girlfriends would even bother with the reality show in the first place. Do they honestly think the tools will change? :crosseyedcrazy:

Divorced
C
OP Offline
C
Well, there's also the prize of $100,000 for the winning couple. wink

I have to say I was impressed watching these guys get taken down a peg or two by the doctor and by watching how much their actions hurt their GFs. I'd venture they've never encountered any bad from it before. Their relationships may not work out, but at least it's opened these guys' eyes a bit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation