Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I left husband 2 wks ago... more lies...

Trying to see what can be worked out... looks like divorce is in the air for spring

I am hanging on to the only anchor that holds on in any storm. JESUS
H
H
AH,

What do you want to do? Do you want to fight for the marriage of go through with divorce?

Previously, you never exposed to anyone and you were not willing to either. Did that ever change?

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
A
OP Offline
A
Well, I am not sure anymore if I want to work things out... I have waited, believed, and been disappointed so many times.

H is not longer in the ministry.. that is good.

The kids are not talking to me... not surprised

He is not telling people that I am gone... I am visiting a friend... more illusions.

Says he wants to work things out, but I have to wait untill things slow down in the business... after Easter. (right)

I think I might have found an appartment... This ia huge step.

House is in foreclosure, the house of cards is falling...

He admited to the EA this weekend...
doubt if it is JUST an EA....

I am so tired....

Last edited by anchorhugger; 02/23/09 07:47 AM. Reason: spelling

A
OP Offline
A
I have been able to tell a friend who has provided much support for me... she is helping me not to be manipulated by the lies...

I have told H that he needs to tell his Pastor, we will see.

I am going to have a talk with him tomorrow telling him that I have an apartment, what I want from the house, how the bills will be divided and how I am going to pursue a dissolution to the marriage.

I am done... I pray to stay strong, and not weaken as I make a new path for myself

I
I
Anchor,

A Christian in this kind of stress is always a great distess to me.
It is well that he is outside the ministry. Why are the children not talking to you?

I'm sorry for your great sadness. God restore you as you draw close to Him. There will be unhappy consequences with WH.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
A
OP Offline
A
Over the years my husband has painted a picture of me as being unstable,and causing friction in the home. the kids have picked up this idea of who I am. My son and daughter in law do not allow me to see my grandchildren. My daughter lives with her father and seems to be trying to support him.

It is a horrible mess!

The most important part of this right now for me, I have finally made the decision to get out and try to heal.

My h continues to have improper communiction with the OW and now a different person is in the picture...

I have realized that through the whole process, I was the one that discovered the A, I was the one that told him is relation s hip was imporper... He has not made any effort to rectify anything.

I have wasted too many years.

Unless God does something big... I see no other way but legal matters.

Right now, I am angry, broken, hurt, disappointed......

I
I
I don't know the whole story. Were you able to properly expose his affair.

You are OK with Plan A on this boat?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
P
P
Don't know who remembers me

I remember you. You used to delete all your posts.

A
OP Offline
A
Yep, I did delete all of my posts.

I was afraid, and not ready to face the ramifications of full disclosure.

Often times this was the only place that I could express my fears, and emotions.

Maybe it makes me appear as a coward, I guess I am...

Maybe my denial caused me to move too slowly... I don't know.

Maybe I should see if this is the right place to me to try and work through my situation.

P
P
Originally Posted by anchorhugger
not ready to face the ramifications of full disclosure

now you are facing the ramifications of procrastination

best of luck to you pray

A
OP Offline
A
Through this time of not disclosing...

I was working on setting myself up to be on my own. I found a job that gives me advancement, and enough income to care for myself. The Lord opened the door for that. I began to put money away little by little so that when the time came, I could go without hesitation. I have found an apartment that is well within my budget.

Yesterday, I told my husband that I was getting an apartment, and that I needed things from the home. ( I have been staying with a friend.) He was shocked that I had so much together.

He is now realizing that I mean business.

I told him that he has to confess the A with his pastor/friend. He is reluctant, but I am remaining firm.

there are other conditions if I were to come back... I told him that I know that the journey back will not be quick, reason for apartment.

Did I procrastinate... I don't know, maybe some.

But the Lord has shown me even through my errors, he is able to make things work.

A
OP Offline
A
Up date.... My adult children know... My daughter is compassionate... my son distant and has not communicated with me. H would no allowme to be present.

I am going to tell the pastor/friend on Wednesday. The friend came over yesterday to find out what is happening. My H said, "we are working some things out, and she is getting an apartment." I called and set up a meeting. It is hitting the fan.

My son told my grandchildren that "grandma is gone for awhile." Wonder when I will be back?

Please pray... How ever the Lord would lead

A
OP Offline
A
I hope time will heal things.

I disclosed to the pastor regarding the A, He and his wife went to him and told him that they would stand beside us and help us. That was the last I have heard from my H and the pastor. My daughter is furious, telling me that I was wrong in telling them. I did not permit her adequate time to process. Son has no communicated with me, since his father told him of the A.
I am moving this weekend, it is all so sad.

I guess I have to wait to see if communication is restored with children.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation