Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2226879 03/09/09 10:45 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I do have a question. Me and My husband have been married for just under 9 months and we are both very busy. We don't have much time to spend together. He is a firefighter (24 on and 48 off) I work 8-5 on monday's - friday and then I go to college part time. Any ideas on how we can spend more time together? And enjoy spending that time together. Here lately we only see each other once or twice a week after work, school and training. Usually when he gets home from training I'm asleep and when I wake up to go to work he is either still asleep or not at home. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mannalea

mannalea #2230558 03/15/09 04:37 AM
D
D
Hi Mannalee and welcome to Marriage Builders...

I would suggest plan on getting a weekend away; or at home as soon as possible and then look at your schedule to see if you could set aside at least one weekend and a few weekdays that you can be home together when you are both awake and relaxed.

I have found that MORE time with my hubby has been helpful in our 10 year marriage. We spent a lot of time together; full weekends and every morning and evening when we were first married (and on same full time work schedules) and that really helped us bond.

Congratulations and may God bless your marriage and lives together. Make sure that you do all that you can to make time for each other.

hug

mannalea #2230968 03/16/09 07:16 AM
C
C
The only thing I can think of is for one or both of you to take a look at the times you choose to go to sleep. If you typically go to bed at 10 and get up at 6, and he comes home and goes to sleep at 6, for example, maybe you could change to 9pm-5am, and have an hour together every morning.

M
M
hi mannalea, this surely is a tight schedule and i thought only mine is tight and am not spending much tiem with my huby wink well there can be a few things done like cat person gave a very good advice on changing your time of sleep so that u are up and can give him a warm welcome when he gets back... you will be fresh from sleep and can also give him some massage which he will greatly appreciate and then have breakfast together etc etc...go for a movie once in a while and then there are weekends make sure onw eekends you don't have an arrangement and can spend time together...during the day if its feasable you people can arrange to meet for lunch or dinner...i know it can be hard and demanding to do these things but if you think your relation is worth it you can give it a try and a lil effort and sacrifice will pay in a lot of love for you :)all the best

never surrender

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation