Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2227990 03/10/09 04:02 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Anyone else here that is on the good side of the marriage just sick and tired of trying sometimes when the WS are the ones who did wrong?

Sorry, just had to get that out.

F
F
I feel for you- sometimes you just want to shout from the highest point in town--
It is wrong! Why does the WS not get it!!

I do it in the shower- feels good to get it out.

But how you said this made me think...

Ah- the "good" side of the marriage. Is that where I am at now??
Or have I always been there?? Or am I suddenly there because of WH actions??

You see I -like anyone who is willing to admit it-have made mistakes. We all do. Some are big and some are small. Some are deliberate- some are not.

And with those mistakes- especially in marriage- someone usually gets hurt. Nonetheless they are mistakes- everyone makes them.

Its realizing the mistake and what you do in the aftermath that is important. And I will tell you I have made mistakes I did not do the right thing afterward. For a long time.

And all mistakes have consequences- some big -some small- some hurt alot-some not so much.

So if marriage has "sides" I guess I am on one of them-the total opposite of where my WH is at the moment.

So what am I saying- Yes my WH has made a mistake- a biggie- and he continues to make it oblivious to the consequences falling around him. It is wrong. IT IS WRONG!

And Yes anyone who reads my thread knows I am sick and tired...

But I would walk in a circle through the hot coals around the devils throne a thousand times if I knew it would make a difference. Because I have a deep enduring love for my husband and I am committed to our marriage and family.

Yes I am Weary- and I ask the Lord to carry me- when I feel I cannot go another step.

And If my real husband does not show up and the WH wins the battle....... I will grieve the loss of a love and pick up the pieces of my life and take another step with the Lord by my side.

Q
Q
But I would walk in a circle through the hot coals around the devils throne a thousand times if I knew it would make a difference. Because I have a deep enduring love for my husband and I am committed to our marriage and family.

Yes I am Weary- and I ask the Lord to carry me- when I feel I cannot go another step.

And If my real husband does not show up and the WH wins the battle....... I will grieve the loss of a love and pick up the pieces of my life and take another step with the Lord by my side.
thank you, this is absolutely where I AM AT....

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
D
D
Yes.

I think it might be partly the amount of betrayal for me but also because I only found out October 3rd and there has been so much to deal with including trickle truth in bunches.

Dunno. It is not fair but that is life I guess. I am giving it a go and will continue to until I am convinced there is no saving it. Until that point I will work as hard as I can to see this through.

I will immediately stop working on it if I see my WH stop or if he has any more surprises for me.

Yes, I am very weary of it.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
G
G
H4Life,
It is normal to go through periods where you do get sick and tired (or angry) but at those times you have to ask yourself why do I feel like this now? Is it the memories or what's going on that day or moment? The reality is you can never change what happened - you can only control how you deal with it.

GG

me - 47
H - 46
DS 16 - DD 13
H EA August 2007
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." Cherie Carter
O
O
Originally Posted by firenice
...So what am I saying- Yes my WH has made a mistake- a biggie- and he continues to make it oblivious to the consequences falling around him. It is wrong. IT IS WRONG!

And Yes anyone who reads my thread knows I am sick and tired...

Well said, firenice. Thank you.

Me - 45
Her - 47
Married - 23 yrs
4 chillun: D18,D14,S12,D9
Separated since March, 2010
Divorce proceeding

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation