Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1926903 08/13/07 06:13 PM
J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J
I would like to welcome all new members to the Marriage Builder's forum. You are now on the "Other Topics" board.

Before you get started, you should stop by the Basic Concepts, and the General Welcome For All New Builders.

You will find support from many people here on the boards, some of whom likely have similar circumstances to yours. Realize that the people who post here are not professional counselors. Professional counseling is available through the MB Counseling & Coaching Center. It is also advisable to purchase and fully read Dr. Harley's published books. These can be obtained through the Online Bookstore, and many of these books are available at your local bookstore.

Occasionally, you will receive a response from a member that is in some way offensive. In this case, simply report the post or email the moderator of the particular board, and the matter will be investigated. Also please report any posts advertising.

Again, Welcome to Marriage Builders!

Radio Show of the Basic Concepts and why Dr. Harley Believes what he Believes

C
C
Hi! I am a new member. I scoured through the forums for advice on second marriages and step-parenting...is there such a thread? Thank YOU!

L
L
Ok I may be a little slow or stupid or just mising something....But I can't find the like to add a new tipoc in the main forum area. Any help on this topic? I have looked in the FAQ's area and tried to do a search for it. No luck anywhere. Help Please. Thanks!!!

B
B
Welcome. When you open the forum, right above where it says subject/poster, there is a new topic icon.

D
D
I'm new to this forum; what do all the abbreviations stand for?

WH
BS - betrayed spouse?
DD
DSS
etc...?

A
A
I am also new and I'm having difficulty figuring out what the abbreviations mean.

I've done a search and it says only an administrator can do so.

Can anyone point me to the list of abbreviations?

FWH (ME) 59
WW 59
Together 44 years
Married 37 years
D 34, D 31, GD 13
A
A
I found the acronyms and abbreviations

[url=http://http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1984040#Post1984040][/url]

FWH (ME) 59
WW 59
Together 44 years
Married 37 years
D 34, D 31, GD 13
S
S
Hi new member here thought I would introduce myself. I live in Daytona Beach Florida and have been married now for 7 years to my second husband who is 39 and I am 42 we have a 5 year old daughter together. I have 2 other daughters from a previous marriage who do not live with us. I guess I'm here because I would like to see if anybodyelse shares the same problems I do.

Never go to bed mad stay up and fight. Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966
I am a new member to the discussion forum and I am having trouble trying to find where I can post a question, etc. It tells me to click on the new user link, but there isn't one - at least I can't see it. Please help!

Also, thanks so much for making Marriage Builders available to people who may need some outside advice. It could save someone's sanity as well as their marriage.

J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J
No, the New User link refers to registration. You already did that.

To start a new thread & ask your question, look at the top of the forum in which you want to post. You will see a tab up there that says New Topic. Click on that, fill out the form & send.

Need any more help, feel free to email me.

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
M
M
THIS GREETINGS I THE NEWCOMER HERE. IT IS VERY GLAD THAT HAS FOUND THIS SITE AS WELL AS AT ALL PAIRS AT ME WITH MY HUSBAND TOO THEM ENOUGH, I THINK THAT I HERE WILL FIND THE ANSWER TO MANY QUESTIONSЮ

*test*

McLovin,
MBDB Moderator

mbMcLovin@gmail.com
C
C
Hey, everyone!

I am brand new to this forum, having made a few posts, and I've got to say, this is a great community of encouragement and support.

Thank you to the moderators and all that give their input and prayers.

Count me in.

S
S
welcome, created. What's your story? Are you married? What brings you to post on MB?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
T
T
Hello and welcome, created. I would love to say "it's great to have you here" but, being what this place is intended for, I'm not so sure saying something like that would be appropriate. All the same, welcome aboard, I hope you find the answers/help/encouragement you are looking for.

Married DH May 5, 1990
DH45 - ME43 - DD18 - DD15

Thanx to MB my M is now back on track and better than ever. MB ROCKS!!!

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

Erica Jong
1942-, American Author
R
R
Hi I am new here. I am checking thing's out and I was wondering about where I could put a post up about low self asteem issue's? I was just being curious. I mean I know that this is mainly a marriage forum but I thaught I would ask. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank's.

M
M
Originally Posted by raerae27
Hi I am new here. I am checking thing's out and I was wondering about where I could put a post up about low self asteem issue's? I was just being curious. I mean I know that this is mainly a marriage forum but I thaught I would ask. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank's.

Hi Rae! Marriage Builders is a marriage program so it doesn't really address self esteem. However, if you start a thread over on MB101, there are some really wise posters there who might be able to give their opinions.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
HELLO/HELP
having just viewed the infidelity dvd, my question is regarding an abusive relationship. i have christian ideals however my husband whom i have tried to love for 28 years has had 2 romantic affairs. one at the very start of our marriage and another more recently. on top of this he was physically abusive and with strong violent attacks during our early years together. although he stopped after some years, his affection never truly returned and he became in recent months before the affair more aggressive in manner. Now he is having an affair at work - which he will not admit to. i would for the sake of my 4 children and my faith, give him an opportunity to repent and for us to save, if possible, our marriage... he was also my first love...but i do not know what to do.. can u please give me some advice. thnk u,

N
N
HI Rosie, welcome to MB! Please hit Notify under your post, and ask the mods to move our post to the Surviving an Affair forum, where folks who have walked in the same shoes can walk you through this. Also, on the side bar to the left, in the yellow box, there's a link to the How to Survive Infidelity articles.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
Z
Z
Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum. I am not married yet. I hope to be one day. I am 22 (2 months from 23) and have been dating my boyfriend for just over 4 years now. I am ready to get married but I know he isn't yet. Both of us are trying to get our careers started. I graduated a year ago and him a year and a half ago. He has 2 part time jobs and I am an intern. Financially, we are not ready, but I think he isn't ready beyond the financial aspect. Anyways, I have toyed with the thought of moving down to where he is. I googled 'living together before marriage' and found this site. I read though pretty much everything on the main website and I have a few questions of my own. To start with, is there a thread out there about men going to strip clubs? This is something I am very against and have always told my bf that I would break up with him if he went. He thinks its not a big deal to go to them and disagrees with my thoughts, however, he has not gone to them and i believe he wont out of respect for me. I am curious if anyone else has had to deal with this issue or if I am really over reacting. Just wondering where to direct my questions. thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation