Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Miss M Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No,

We are in the U.S.

Now the insurance won't pay for his pet scan.

I don't know. mad

He's very upset. About the last thing he needs is to be stressed out right now.

They just don't have the experience or knowledge where we are at to deal with this rare form of cancer.

We have to fight this somehow. I am out of ideas for now.

He got the best possible insurance his company had to offer.

Gotta hate Group Health. Hope I don't get censored for this.

Love in Christ,
Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
J
J
Hi Miss M-

What about Providence, Swedish or University Medical Center? With the Group Health Hospital up near "Pill Hill" in Seattle, they may refer to those other places. They may also work with the Cancer Care Alliance on East Lake in Seattle.

The PET Scan may have been done with a referral and sometimes the business office gets quick to deny things because the referral didn't cross their desk before it was done. Contact them and make a stink. Then, ask who you can talk to who is higher up. Then, contact the State Insurance Commissioner.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

M
Miss M Offline OP
OP Offline
M
He is with the Cancer Care Alliance on Eastlake. The insurance refused his chemo, radiation and now pet scan there.

It's part of Fred Hutchinson.

We don't live in Seattle. We live in Walla Walla.

The insurance is just wanting to get out on the cheap. They are looking for someone to take care of the chemo here. There is one doctor here they know.

I don't know why they refused the pet scan.

We will raise a stink.

I might just go to the State Insurance Commissioner immediately if they don't approve this.

Thanks for the info. Everything helps. We have never dealt with this.

It just seem unconscionable.

If he didn't have insurance he could go on disability and it would all be paid for. This is disgusting.

Love in Christ,
Miss M

Last edited by Miss M; 03/13/09 11:03 PM.

Fully recovered
L
L
Your son and your family have been in my prayers, Miss M. I see that you live in Walla Walla. We don't know each other and I absolutely respect if you wish to keep it that way. But I live in the Seattle area and in fact am a neighbor with someone who works in a lab at Fred Hutch. If I can do anything to make your stay more comfortable in anyway... I can't help with the insurance (I'm in a battle myself with an IC stay for our DD5 last summer), but if I can bring you books or food or help with your laundry or make banana bread... Anything at all to make your stay or your son's stay better to any degree, please let me know.

You can ask the mods for my email address. This post is my permission to them to pass it along to you.

God bless you.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
R
R
Miss M, before the forums went down I wanted to send positive thoughts your way and tell you that you and your son are not alone.

We found out 2/27/09 that my step-son has a tumor named glioblasoma. The tumor is located in the center of his brain. He starts chemo and radiation on Monday. He is 30 years-old and married for almost 6 years.

I've seen several stories on Good Morning America when people have emailed them about insurance not following through. GMA has gotten answers and results. I probably sound like I'm out there but it may be worth a try.

Thinking of you and yours!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
B
B
If you care to, contact me by email, and I will check into how to fight this. I'm sure he CAN get his treatment and this is just a glitch. I know it is frightening and annoying though.

M
Miss M Offline OP
OP Offline
M
thanks everyone!

Just wanted to respond quickly, have had finals all week and a 10 hour work day today.

Looks like the insurance will pay for the pet scan, SCCA has to appeal it, and it will go thru.

He has to do chemo here in Walla Walla, also radiation. Surgery is in Seattle. Insurance won't pay to have this done in Seattle.

He goes for first chemo on the 24th of March.

I will be in touch soon. I might need those e-mails from you for help in the future.

Thanks so much!!!!

Love in Christ,
Miss M

Fully recovered
C
C
Praying for you and your son....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
J
J
Hi Miss M-

I'm glad that the PET scan was covered. I had my chemo in a small town (Skagit Valley area) and it was nice to be in a smaller facility. All the Thursday "regulars" and the wonderful nurses became a caring family of fellow travelers and support people. Chemo can be tough but the other chemo patients and the nurses can give you and him lots of helpful advice.

I'll be praying for him during this time.

BTW-I asked my mom and the rest of the grandma prayer warriors at her church to pray for him too.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

B
B
So glad to hear from you. I know way too much about cancer since my dad and mom both had it.

I've read millions of internet articles about how to get things done. Happy that your son is getting the treatment he needs.

L
L
Hi, Miss M.

It's been about a month. How are things going for you son? And how are you doing?

DS10
DD8
M
Miss M Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for asking!

He went into the hospital for his first chemo on Monday. He will be there 6 days and then home until May 11, when he has another 6 day session in hospital.

After that, probably a couple of weeks, he will go up to Seattle for surgery, will be in the hospital at least 5 days for that, and then they will figure out if he needs radiation or not.

He has a good attitude, and I am trying to be cheerful. We are going to go through the hard times right now, as he will be really sick from the chemo.

Unfortunately, I have had a bit of a bug/fever, and have been unable to visit him. So we are trying to get people to come see him cause he needs company.

The cool thing is that his room is right across the street from a beautiful church with a gorgeous cross above a very steep steeple. My son said he has the perfect view. LOL. It makes me happy, because everytime he looks out that window, he knows that the Lord is holding him in His arms.

The bad thing is there are some very, very ill people on that same floor. That is scary.

Please all, hold him in your prayers, that he will recover from this. I will update when I can. This time is crucial for him. Pray that the chemo will kill that tumor!!!!!! I told my son to just visualize that chemo finding the path to his tumor and killing it.

I am so overwhelmed with everything and I have soooo much to do that it is making me crazy. Hope to get everything caught up in the next month.

My house has to be sparkling when he gets home from the hospital as his immune system will be compromised.

Believer I need you to help me get my house clean!!!! LOL!!!

Love in Christ,
Miss M

Fully recovered
L
L
Originally Posted by Miss M
After that, probably a couple of weeks, he will go up to Seattle for surgery, will be in the hospital at least 5 days for that, and then they will figure out if he needs radiation or not.

I am so overwhelmed with everything and I have soooo much to do that it is making me crazy. Hope to get everything caught up in the next month.
I absolutely respect if you want to keep this matter to among family members and if you wish to keep your identity anonymous, Miss M. My offer still stands when you're in Seattle if you need any help of any kind, that you're welcome to ask me. If your son wants a library book or you need laundry done... If I can help ease the load when you're in town, please let me know.

God bless.

DS10
DD8
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation