Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by NervousNewbie
How on earth does "I was still in contact" answer the question WHY you did it? The WHY question is about why you lied to your husband. Saying that you lied to your husband is not answering the question, it is just repeating the question. We know that you lied.

Similarly, "I wasn't letting go of my feelings" is another blinding flash of the obvious. We know that you weren't willing to put your selfish feelings aside for even a second. The question is, WHY did you do this?

ZW was asked about a week ago what his biggest need from you was. Can you answer this in a thoughtful way?

"I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT. Top question. Question number ONE."

I did it because I was being selfish and only caring about me.

It's different because I'm willing to put my a$$ on the line - regardless of whether or not ZW does give me a chance or not. Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
N
N
"I did just offer to stay out at my mother's house. he has that option"

Telling somebody, "I will do x if you want me to" is far different from doing x. In fact, it is shifting responsibility for making the decision (and thus accepting consequences of the decision) onto someone else.

Symptomatic of the whole problem here, coho, you think pretty words are a good enough approximation of action. It's really exhausting to keep hearing you talk about what you're willing to do, especially in this way that's cleverly designed to make it look like you're willing to do something. When all you're willing to do is to push the hard decisions away into the future, onto someone else.

Same old song ... same old singer.

"I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT. Top question. Question number ONE."

L
L
Hi Coho,
welcome back to MB. I don't know exactly what will happen from this point, but that took some courage clap You made a comment once about being happy that you had not been given as hard time as Flick, guess you know what that feels like now huh? sigh It is a shame you did this, it will make things harder for you now, but all can be overcome, with work.

So, a couple of things... firstly please email me at the addy in my sigline. I am not going to shout at you or beat you over the head, I want to extend a hand of friendship. If it helps, I talk to Kiwijen and looking4 (FWW) offlist and they do not appear to have been traumatised by it smile
I also have been asked to forward info to you and Zen.

Secondly, I admit I havent been on for a couple of hours so forgive me if you have already answred this (I will look back over after posting this) how are we going to protect Zen and Coho from self destructing Coho? Its a real question and one I asked Flick alot after our FR. I see you have given Zen the passowrds to the secret email, thats a start.

If you would like me to butt out since you now have so many others posting to you, thats okay, I understand

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N
Originally Posted by cohosalmon

It's different because I'm willing to put my a$$ on the line - regardless of whether or not ZW does give me a chance or not. Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.

Glib.

C
OP Offline
C

Glib.

no, I am sorry. I am not at all trying to be glib. I don't have it in me to be glib.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Hi Coho,
welcome back to MB. I don't know exactly what will happen from this point, but that took some courage clap You made a comment once about being happy that you had not been given as hard time as Flick, guess you know what that feels like now huh? sigh It is a shame you did this, it will make things harder for you now, but all can be overcome, with work.

So, a couple of things... firstly please email me at the addy in my sigline. I am not going to shout at you or beat you over the head, I want to extend a hand of friendship. If it helps, I talk to Kiwijen and looking4 (FWW) offlist and they do not appear to have been traumatised by it smile
I also have been asked to forward info to you and Zen.

Secondly, I admit I havent been on for a couple of hours so forgive me if you have already answred this (I will look back over after posting this) how are we going to protect Zen and Coho from self destructing Coho? Its a real question and one I asked Flick alot after our FR. I see you have given Zen the passowrds to the secret email, thats a start.

If you would like me to butt out since you now have so many others posting to you, thats okay, I understand

I have emailed you.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
Z
Z
During this entire episode, she has not gone more than 2 or 3 days without contact.

L
L
Thank you.

Please answer this question:

S
S

Glib.

no, I am sorry. I am not at all trying to be glib. I don't have it in me to be glib.

Coho,

You are funny.

Any bartender who uses words like "entropy" to describe personal relationships isn't dumb. You are very smart, too smart for your own good i am afraid.

I hear how you describe your garden and the different plants, your interaction with the children, foods that you and ZW love and cooking various exotic foods for special meals. It is all a fantasy that you have in your head, that that is what SHOULD make you happy.

Then, when it doesn't you are confused and empty. Questioning, "what the heck is wrong with me? This should be the perfect picture!"

I think Believer has a point to some extent, alcohol is a problem for you, but abstinence is not the sole soluiton. You have an addiction to "something new" because what you have right now, even though it should be perfect, leaves you empty.

The simple answer to my questions to you earlier is, "I am selfish, and while i will later care what this does to ZW I cannot stop myself. I will feel guilty for awhile, but I cannot stop myself from the addiction to finding something NEW to excite me. I will then go back to ZW in a panic when i sober up, with a show of remorse and promise to do anything, once more, to give me one more chance. Because going back to ZW, after a night of sex with the OM, shakes things up, and gives me something New."

You are an immature person who has no moral ground and hence no compass to guide you. You want excitement. Even if you can't see it or admit it to yourself.

Last edited by sickwithworry; 04/06/09 08:57 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
I just want to say - and I'm putting this in public record.

if ZW wants a divorce, I will not fight on anything. not on the house, not on the kids, not on any assets. nothing.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
S
S
I have not posted on here for a while, but I have been following this thread.
It appears that Coho has had the Birthday Bash she was planning all along. She probably promised OM one more night of fun..then she would come back GROVELING to the kindness of Zen and do all she can. If he doesn't take her back she can say she gave her all and it didn't matter. TOO LATE for your all. What you do now is just worthless action after you have already stabbed, twisted and pulled the sword upward through Zen's soul.
You are just throwing a match into an already lit fire. Worthless. Right now you are nothing more than a body for a vagina. You took something you promised for only Zen and gave it to someone else. Lying and deceiving and trying to hoodwink Zen and everone else on here. NEWS FLASH..people knew you were full of feces from the get go. Maybe you were worth something a while ago..but as of now..there is none

O
O
Now your MO seems to be to agree with everyone on how contemptible your actions were. The same way you did b4. Just agree with everyone and let them vent, then you can sweep it all away. You planned to lead your husband on and then desert him and marry the OM. This is beneath contempt. There is only one word to describe this SADISTIC. If you wanted to marry this other man all you had to do was stay gone, divorce and re-marry. But no you chose to come back to Zen, lying the whole time and continuing the affair while feigning contrition and regret over what you did. I was mistaken in calling you a sexual sociopath. A far more accurate description would be and EMOTIONAL SOCIOPATH.

I am waiting to take the hit from zen on this. And to his credit like b4 he will probably try to protect you.

And you'll throw him a bone by saying "Thank you pumpkin, I can take it" As I have said b4. You are nefarious.

M
M
All of the phony remorse has been a waste of space in the past and it is a waste of space now. An abuser will say what she has to say to get folks off her back. Meaningless, empty words that no one should ever take seriously. There is nothing more to be said.....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you.

Please answer this question:

I have given log in/password to email account.
I have given log in/password to our cell account to see full phone records
I have downloaded GPS tracking to my iPhone
I have called friends and family to apologize
I have talked to Harley this AM and ZW will on Wednesday

Should I just leave? should I go out to my mom's? people seem to be saying I should just do that on my own, but, really? doesn't Harley say to stay close?

I'll sign a post-nup - I'm sure Adam's dad will have someone draw one up shortly.

I did another NC with ZW - we drove to OM's condo and taped it to the door with OM's key.

I'm so scared I really, really broke him. I feel so horrible. Just horrible. I love ZW and want only ZW.

my call with Harley this morning was to set up strategy so that I have a plan to have hope in and to carry on and fight and keep from going down this path again.

I would not blame ZW for divorcing me. I deserve that.

Last edited by cohosalmon; 04/06/09 09:31 PM.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
M
M
This makes me sick. Too sick to even read anymore.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Thank you for replying.

These steps are great. If you are serious then you need to call out to Tst, Lousy golfer, melody lane who are great, hard hitting but awakening of wayward people.
They will have hard words to say BUT it is stuff you need to have hit home right now. Going back to OM really is a very callous thing, particulary when you did seem to be 'getting it' So alot of people will yell and scream and 2x4 you. Listen to what they say, accept the truth, ignore the false.

As far as leaving. I do not know. I see people saying you should go. How strong are you right now? Can you resist OM? Do you believe in the addictive nature of A's? Do you realise how difficult withdrawl is? Personally I wanted Flick to be home with me even when i didnt like him because at least I knew were he was. You need to ask Zen.

He is who you have to make right with.

S
S
I personally don't believe you feel anything. You are doing everything a con artist would. "I really, really broke him"
Like a night of sex with OM would "fix" him

I
I
I don't think anyone has asked this question so here it is!!

Where is the Birthday Boy in all this? How does ZW know that he is still not in the picture anymore? What is different this time?

P.S. A lie detector may be of use here if no other reason than find out the true scope of her infidelities. STD test yet again.

Last edited by InLikeFlynn; 04/06/09 09:41 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you for replying.

These steps are great. If you are serious then you need to call out to Tst, Lousy golfer, melody lane who are great, hard hitting but awakening of wayward people.
They will have hard words to say BUT it is stuff you need to have hit home right now. Going back to OM really is a very callous thing, particulary when you did seem to be 'getting it' So alot of people will yell and scream and 2x4 you. Listen to what they say, accept the truth, ignore the false.

As far as leaving. I do not know. I see people saying you should go. How strong are you right now? Right now? F@#cking Goliath. Can you resist OM? I will do anything and everything for the ONLY love of my life, ZW. I will call my mom, I will call his mom and I will call my MIL to lean on. that is it. Do you believe in the addictive nature of A's? Like you wouldn't believe. Do you realise how difficult withdrawl is? I do believe it and I will lean on family. Personally I wanted Flick to be home with me even when i didnt like him because at least I knew were he was. You need to ask Zen.

He is who you have to make right with.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
This makes me sick. Too sick to even read anymore.

A-Fricken-Men

Oh Coho. So proud of you of all the difficult steps you are taking now. How brave. I believe you now, GPS, calls to mother in law, apologies, wow!

Meanwhile Zen is lying on the floor with his entrails in his hands.

This is up to ZW. You WILL pay for what you have done in one way or another.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation