Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Yeah, well, I'm not going to be going on any dates with OWxH whenever I decide to start dating, that's fer dang sure!!

Charlotte

ugh! I don't blame you, what a turn off! I liked him until you told me that. sick

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Yeah, well, I'm not going to be going on any dates with OWxH whenever I decide to start dating, that's fer dang sure!!

Charlotte

ugh! I don't blame you, what a turn off! I liked him until you told me that. sick

Well, I still like him. I don't know how much he actually thought about doing it whenever he and Slag had these discussions because I just kinda changed the subject when he brought it up, LOL! It might have been a fleeting thing.

But...not taking any chances and I think he might want to ask me out when everything is done. I would go if it was clear that we are just pals going, no romance. Otherwise...sorry, washing my hair!!

grin

Charlotte

S
S
DM, thank you for your kind wishes. You knew that when I said I was going to bed I'd have to have one last peek here, didn't you? Well I'm going right now, but first I have to say about this:
Originally Posted by GoddessLacey
I don't doubt that it has ruined many marriages. But I only know of two couples that have ever tried swinging. I can't speak for those that it didn't work for, only for the two that I know it does work for. And I only wish I had the intimacy that they have together.

GL, you're going to feel that you're getting unfairly bashed again, because people here leap on whatever you say. However, I have to leap on this.

What a bizarre way to look at these marriages!

Having sexual relations with another person while married is not "intimacy". Involvement with another person destroys intimacy with one's spouse. Regardless of the outward affection you see displayed, and of the tender words you hear spoken about the spouse, what you are seeing is not intimacy. There can be no intimacy in a marriage in which other partners exist. The extra-marital activity might make the spouses grateful to each other for allowing it, and might make each spouse more tolerant of the other's faults. Swinging might be the reason why they are able to stay in the problematic marriages, but such is not intimacy.

And they are from two different generations too. One couple is in their 50's and the other is in their 30's. And I have been told a lot of the things that they do for each other and a lot of the things that they have done with others. And honestly I am envious of the relationships that they have, because they love each other very much.
It beats me that you can be envious of couples who have sex with other people in order to make their marriages tolerable. I think that focusing on each other and the problems in the marriage, and trying to make the marriage a wonderful place to be, is the way to happiness. Dr Harley's programme teaches how this can be done, and when both spouses use MB, the outcome is success. When both couples swing, there is a 95% chance of failure, for the reasons Mel (and Dr Harley) cite.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
The idea that having barnyard sex with other animals will create "intimacy" in a marriage is a ludicrous. GEtting one's needs met outside of marriage does not create "intimacy;" it ERODES it and is the "perfect recipe for divorce" with a 98% divorce rate.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
You're welcome! And of course I knew! Hee hee!!

I think what Lacey means is that she is jealous of their intimacy, not their lifestyle! That was my take on it, anyway. Maybe she can clarify.

Charlotte

D
D
The idea that having barnyard sex with other animals will create "intimacy" in a marriage is a ludicrous. GEtting one's needs met outside of marriage does not create "intimacy;" it ERODES it and is the "perfect recipe for divorce" with a 98% divorce rate.

Okay, nevermind that....it's too gross. And most of those folks are dead now.

Charlotte

Last edited by Dancing_Machine; 04/25/09 09:29 PM. Reason: Too gross
D
D
This one goes with the too gross thing so it's a goner, too.

Last edited by Dancing_Machine; 04/25/09 09:29 PM. Reason: reason above
M
M
UGH!! sick Those poor chickens!

Charlotte

shut yore mouth!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

D
D
UGH!! sick Those poor chickens!

Charlotte

shut yore mouth!! rotflmao

I did! I went back and edited!

rotflmao

Now people will wonder, though, LOL!

Charlotte

G
G
Originally Posted by SugarCane
DM, thank you for your kind wishes. You knew that when I said I was going to bed I'd have to have one last peek here, didn't you? Well I'm going right now, but first I have to say about this:
I don't doubt that it has ruined many marriages. But I only know of two couples that have ever tried swinging. I can't speak for those that it didn't work for, only for the two that I know it does work for. And I only wish I had the intimacy that they have together.

GL, you're going to feel that you're getting unfairly bashed again, because people here leap on whatever you say. However, I have to leap on this.

What a bizarre way to look at these marriages!

Having sexual relations with another person while married is not "intimacy". Involvement with another person destroys intimacy with one's spouse. Regardless of the outward affection you see displayed, and of the tender words you hear spoken about the spouse, what you are seeing is not intimacy. There can be no intimacy in a marriage in which other partners exist. The extra-marital activity might make the spouses grateful to each other for allowing it, and might make each spouse more tolerant of the other's faults. Swinging might be the reason why they are able to stay in the problematic marriages, but such is not intimacy.

And they are from two different generations too. One couple is in their 50's and the other is in their 30's. And I have been told a lot of the things that they do for each other and a lot of the things that they have done with others. And honestly I am envious of the relationships that they have, because they love each other very much.
It beats me that you can be envious of couples who have sex with other people in order to make their marriages tolerable. I think that focusing on each other and the problems in the marriage, and trying to make the marriage a wonderful place to be, is the way to happiness. Dr Harley's programme teaches how this can be done, and when both spouses use MB, the outcome is success. When both couples swing, there is a 95% chance of failure, for the reasons Mel (and Dr Harley) cite.

That's ok, I don't feel bashed about this, because its not my marriage or idealisms that we are talking about. But I can tell you that you don't know these people, you don't know what they think or how they feel. I can also say that I don't know how they think or even how they really feel. All I know is what they tell me. I am not condoning what they do, but if it makes them happy I am not condemning it either. I do know is that I see that they are very happy together, in and out of their sex lives. It is not the lifestyle that makes them happy, its the intensity that they feel for each other. One of them was a very good friend of mine, and sometimes she gave me more details than I wanted because I always saw her like a mom and even called her Mom. But she described it to me like this....

There are times when you need to open your mind as well as your body. I love my H and I love having sex with my H, but I also enjoy watching him have sex with another woman as well as he enjoys seeing me with another man. It makes us feel even closer and it makes us want eacht other even more. Its like having your cake and eating it too. It is so much more fun than just regular sex, and we have plenty of that, but after a while, you gotta spice it up, and since we've done pretty much everything together there is only enjoying sex with others left. Not to mention it drives him crazy when he sees me with another woman, he can hardly hold on and wait to join.

I am only paraphrasing, because it has been a while since she said this to me. But I see how much they love each other and they have been together for at least 20 years. They have a beautiful relationship. You may not think so, and that is fine. But I think so and I hope they always keep that spark that they have, it is really cute to see them together, some times to the point of it getting gross. lol. It just depends on who you are and what you are willing to do. Like I said I would not do this, but I am not them. And it is very possible that the two couples that I am speaking of are in that 2% that can make it work.

D
D
There are times when you need to open your mind as well as your body. I love my H and I love having sex with my H, but I also enjoy watching him have sex with another woman as well as he enjoys seeing me with another man. It makes us feel even closer and it makes us want eacht other even more. Its like having your cake and eating it too. It is so much more fun than just regular sex, and we have plenty of that, but after a while, you gotta spice it up, and since we've done pretty much everything together there is only enjoying sex with others left. Not to mention it drives him crazy when he sees me with another woman, he can hardly hold on and wait to join.

Well, that's fine for them. I can understand it.

But not for me! No way, no how!

But then, I don't even know what sex IS anymore, so that's okay.

It's safer that way.

grin

Charlotte

B
B
It's also possible they will get a divorce.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
I love my H and I love having sex with my H, but I also enjoy watching him have sex with another woman as well as he enjoys seeing me with another man. It makes us feel even closer and it makes us want eacht other even more.

Perhaps these people can survive such a marriage, but what kind of intimacy is it when a man needs to see his wife acting like a pig in a deviant sex act with another woman to get aroused? What does that say for the state of their marriage when they have to GO OUTSIDE of their marriage to get sexually fulfilled? That denotes a great LACKING, not a strength. If one can't get their needs met in a marriage, that is a problem, not an asset.

I think that getting one's jollies through deviant styles of adultery [and that is all this is, condoned adultery and sexual deviance] misses the whole point of making love. It is not making love, it is getting off. Like barnyard animals. It relegates what is supposed to be an act of love to nothing more significant than 2 pigs rutting in the pig pen. It is sick and putrid to those who can appreciate that sex is the result of LOVE, much more than 2 jackrabbits getting it on.

The failure rate of swinging marriages is 98%. I betcha the failure rate of Russian Roulette is even lower than that. But I think common sense dictates that RR is not a smart strategy if you value your life. Nor is swinging a smart strategy if you value your marriage.

Exposure 101

G
G
Its also possible that anyone and everyone that gets married will get a divorce. Unless you can predict the future. I didn't say that they wouldn't, I just said that that its working for them. If that changes, then too bad for them, but I'm not trying to predict the future, just saying that I know two couples that are swingers and they love the lifestyle and they love their partners.

M
M
Its also possible that anyone and everyone that gets married will get a divorce.

Which is greater: 98% or 50%? If you were a betting woman, which would you bet on, the marriage that had a 98% failure rate or the one that had a 50% failure rate? think

Which one do you think would most likely fail? The one with the 98% failure rate or the one with the 50% failure rate? Tough question, I know....

Exposure 101

D
D
We're done here folks - this is a MARRIAGE BUILDING site.

Dufresne
dufresne.mb@gmail.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mature), 1,168 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation