Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

S
S
They only get stoned if unrepentant. I don't have a problem with that - Really.

Over it.
P
P
Among the instances in which the sentence is not performed is when there is a repentance by the individual involved.

Wow, I'd never heard that there was any leniency.

I totally disagree with the harshness of their penalties.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
OP Offline
B
I think they should get stoned regardless, just maybe let the repentant one live.

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I totally disagree with the harshness of their penalties.

Meh, it was a tongue-in-cheek post for me anyway. smile

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

P
P
I know. smile

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
I bet they don't have a 50% adultery rate in their country. If the adulter is unrepentant...I don't know...seems like you might be cleaning up the gene pool or at least doing society a favor. Even if the wayward doesn't get stone to death, a few rocks to the head might not be a bad idea.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
P
a few rocks to the head might not be a bad idea

Hey... would you be willing to run for President? laugh

B
OP Offline
B

laugh

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

B
B

Nope...but it would be nice to have the resources at my finger tips to mess with POSOW. laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
D
D

That's disgusting.

K
K
It's good to see they stone men. Most of the time over there you just hear about the women being punished...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
D
Originally Posted by karmasrose
It's good to see they stone men. Most of the time over there you just hear about the women being punished...

It's not good that they stone ANYONE.

It's a barbaric practice.

Charlotte

K
K
It's a good deterrent for infidelity, though, wouldn't you say?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

D
D
It's a good deterrent for infidelity, though, wouldn't you say?

No.

There, I'm certain, just like here, that there are innocent people put to death.

Here, the West Memphis 3 are a good example but there are many, many others.

I am against the death penalty. I had an uncle who was brutally murdered and I'm still against the death penalty. (The dude should have gotten life in prison, though.)

Even if I wasn't against the death penalty I would be against it for infidelity.

Charlotte

G
G
Amnesty International said it was outraged at her execution and the fact that her lawyer was not informed about it

Perhaps Amnesty Int. will be outraged someday by the random trials, convictions and executions that criminals perform everyday on the streets of the USA.

Where is their outrage about that, oh I forgot they only take on big, easy targets with deep pockets their pro-bono lawyer can sue.

Really Iran just has a different set of social ills than ours, and in their perspective they have many advantages we just don't see.

I think many in the US given a choice would pick repression over anarchy.

NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 05/05/09 06:11 PM.
K
K
We will just disagree on this then, because I fully support the death penalty.

You're going to stick a man in prison for the rest of his life (some of these guys could be there for 20+ years!) and waste money feeding him at everyone else's expense--sounds more like a reward for his crime of murder than anything else.

I won't speak more of it.

D
D
We will just disagree on this then, because I fully support the death penalty.

You're going to stick a man in prison for the rest of his life (some of these guys could be there for 20+ years!) and waste money feeding him at everyone else's expense--sounds more like a reward for his crime of murder than anything else.

I won't speak more of it.

It costs more money to execute someone, due to the cost of the appeals process, than it does for them to sit in prison for the rest of their days.

Look it up. They don't just take them back behind the barn and shoot them.

Plus, in many cases, it's not clear-cut. Have you ever read anything about the West Memphis Three? One of them was near your age when they were falsely accused. They have a website.

There was a guy here that was falsely accused, too and came within days of being executed on 3 separate occasions. He was African American and accused of killing a white girl. Well, his work buddies set him up and set him up GOOD.

I remember this case in particular because the day this girl was murdered, our school band was at that school for a contest. It was pretty freaky. Plus, she was from our county...just a different town about 12 miles from here.

Yeah, that dude was set up just as good as John Coffey.

Charlotte

A
A
I think if I was a degenerate rapacious murderous reprobate I would be against the death penalty for any of my heinous acts too.

In prison one gets out of the rain, three squares a day, more cable channels than most any of us, free schooling (such as technical college and law classes and how to burgle better classes), new friends for life, as much sex as one can stand and, I hear, as much drugs as one can stand. Sounds like a destination resort!

One of the stupidest things I have ever heard said out loud was a California warden saying something to the effect prisoners are not sent to him for punishment, they are sent to him as punishment.

I am against the death penalty for adultery though. Forced neutering, the physical kind, not the chemical kind, seems much more appropriate. In public.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
D
D
I think if I was a degenerate rapacious murderous reprobate I would be against the death penalty for any of my heinous acts too.

Why, thank you! I'm so flattered that you noticed! flirt

Charlotte

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation