Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
And, BTW, on the extremely off chance that any of this is even remotely true?

Find a lawyer and walk away from your affairage. It never has been anything near a marriage, IMHO.

Next time, finish your degree first.

Maybe the wisdom you find in college will spill into your English abilities, as well as your life skills in making decisions about dating men who cheat on their women, lie to you, and make a mockery of the sanctity of marriage.

Oh, and this "man" should not be around your disabled mother.

Think faster.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
I have a feeling people may have it a bit wrong. She used the word friendship to describe their original relationship. Was this actually just friendship that you were hoping for more from. I have a friend who is overweight and has very low self esteem who tends to look for more out of friendship and gets used by men. I am just wondering if this was a friend who needed financial or some other type of support which you were able to give and this is the reason for the marriage. Maybe he wasn't really in love but wants the marriage to work for this reason. Could it be something to do with papers for staying in the country or maybe money, I have the feeling you may be foriegn from your use of pronouns. I may be way off but I know how it feels to come looking for support and encouragement(as stated on top of forum) and recieve judgement and rudeness...feel free to respond or send private message. Hope you are doing better no matter the situation. Also, I don't care how it started..If he took a vow to love, honor and cherish and betrayed you, than you ARE the betrayed spouse. You are his spouse (legally married) and obviously were betrayed..no matter the origin of the mess. Sounds like you could use a friend and some encouraging advice during this horrible time. God Bless

P
P
Also, I don't care how it started..If he took a vow to love, honor and cherish and betrayed you, than you ARE the betrayed spouse.

Nat, you're assuming his OR her vows mean anything. This is an affairage, plain and simple -- a marriage born of an affair. We're only hearing the OW/wife's side of the story.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
I just mean that her vows obviously meant something to her and she was betrayed so that makes her a BS to me.

Either way, it doesn't look like she will be back.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation