Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2258359 05/08/09 01:20 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Another "goodbye cruel board post."

Ugh.

I gave this advice to another poster yesterday. It needs to be said again today:

>You are in the process of turning me off of this site, a site where I thought I could turn to in search for something good.

You're looking for a REASON to quit before you've even started. Again, man up. If you REALLY want to make your life work, you'll not blame our WORDS and make some positive changes in your life.

Don't dress up a bunch of bullsh*t on here and tell us it's chocolate. We've been fed bs so much that our ninja powers enable us to shoot it down before you even hit send.

Talk to us when you actually DO something to save your marriage. Words don't work with us.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2258374 05/08/09 01:42 PM
P
P
Yeppers. Same BS different day.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
princessmeggy #2258390 05/08/09 02:10 PM
K
K
But don't you dare call them on it or a bunch of other people will railroad you and say you are being hurtful. smirk

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
princessmeggy #2258393 05/08/09 02:11 PM
A
A
The last thing a WS wants to do is the most important thing he/she needs to do.... look in the mirror and see exactly WHO is there.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
armymama #2258396 05/08/09 02:15 PM
K
K
It's happened to me several times, to the point I'm wondering if I should even bother.

I get tired of beating my head against the wall hoping people will get off their butts and actually DO something if they want to be back with their spouse so badly.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
karmasrose #2258400 05/08/09 02:21 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hon...

Remember when you were so scared and you just KNEW your situation was "speshul..."?

Sometimes someone just HAS to keep doing what their doing on THEIR time...not on ours.

Doesn't matter that we've all BTDT...until they realize that the ONLY thing they haven't tried is the advice they get here...and once they do that one last thing...wa-la! All the lights come on in their cabazas and DING, DING, DING...holy-bat-do-dee...WE WERE RIGHT and they wish they'd done it sooner.

We all have to learn this on OUR timeline...no one else's will do.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2258533 05/08/09 08:03 PM
Wow, good for you. You guys really showed him who's boss around here!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation