Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hello Everyone<P> Thanks for all your help & support I truly appreciate them. I went to counseling yesterday with the wife had told him thing are going better. We only had one problem that week & a great weekend. My wife brought up the fact that when she tells me some things that I will either not react or over react to them. He informed me that I need to learn to control & self-sooth myself so that my wife can feel more comfortable about telling me things that she needs to talk about. I told the counselor that I agreed so guess what he wants me to do. At first I was very excited doing an exercise with my W I felt that it would only bring us closer. But wait tell you here what I have to do. This is scary & a test.<P> My W gets 25 minutes to talk about her feelings, Thoughts & any thing she wants to. I have to sit there & take notes and not comment, Interrupt or get emotional over anything she says. At the end of her time I am supposed to summarize what I think she is trying to tell me. She can correct me. After five minuets I am not allowed to talk about any of this. Until three days later we will reverse it. The next day we go to counseling. <BR> He told my W to make notes if I interrupt, Respond or break the rule of no talking about this for three days, To let him know. I am praying that I can do this. I am very Excited to here her thoughts & feelings I hope I can handle what I have been praying for.<P>Thanks to all for you help<P><BR>The road is long but the patient shall reap great rewards.<BR> Their love for them self & their Spouse<P> Through the love of God I have made another Day<P> LotsofHope<P><P>------------------<BR>

P
P
Hi there. I think that sounds like a very interesting assignment. Not a very easy thing to do. But I have faith in you, you want your marriage to work and you will do fine.

M
M
AND THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT TO GO TO A COUNSELOR ....<P>But best of luck to you!

S
S
Hi LotsofHope -<P>I like this.....it's a good exercise in communication.<P>Don't get nervous about it like it's a test!! You had me chuckling!!!<P>It's just so you and your wife can retrain your talking and listening skills....<P>Makes you focus on her words instead of on your replies..<P>You can do this...you're ready for it because you are opening up and becoming aware.....<P>Piece of cake!!!! Wil be for you, too Maya!!! LOL!!!<P>HUGS to you both,<P>Sheba <P>Gosh, I wish I was you guys!!! Could you see me calling H and saying "c'mon over Honey so I can take notes....only problem would be - he doesn't talk!!! LOL!!!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation