Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Bob pure's post about meekness reminded me of a case I had back in 2003.
I deposed this guy, a mecahnic with a legit work comp back injury. I was about to settle with him, when I learned he had hanged himself.
Turned out that shortly after I deposed him, he found out his wife was cheating with the neighbor guy. His wife had called him when she was supposed to be in California with her sister and the home caller ID showed a hotel in Texas. He began investigating and,eventually found out about the affair.
One of his young daughters found him hanging in the garage with a note pinned to his shirt.
Seems the wife had move in with the boyfriend across the street and they would frequently ride their snowmobiles through the BH's backyard and taunt him.
So, after he died, the wife filed a claim for work comp survivor benefits, alleging that his back injury started his depression, which led to the suicide.
Alternatively, she alleged that the back injury caused marital problems which caused her to cheat , and led to his suicide.
I was busy with a bunch of other cases at the time and we farmed this case out to a big firm . This woman got 65,000 in a settlement. Nice, eh?

Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
You know, had I known about Harley, I would have recommended using him as an expert witness. This happened in Minnesota.

B
B
puke that's beyond disgusting. I hope there's a special place in hell for "people" like that.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

L
L
Karma bus to Minnesota please

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
Like I have always said, cheaters always win no matter what.

Stay married, they win and you are still the humiliated loser.

Get divorced and she gets everything you got and is treated like the victim.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
I
I
What do cheaters win... money? false adoration?

My kind of gain is: friendship, genuine gratitude, appreciation for my efforts.

What is yours?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I wish I had kept this case and had the chance to try it. I took a look at the report the defense attorney got from a psychiatrist and it was not all that impressive. He acknowledged that the "marital problems" were the cause of the depression. But, he was nowhere near as emphatic about the effects of cheating on a BS as Harley's video .

At the time we farmed this out, I did not know this. But, the attorney we used had chaeted on his own wife, repeatedly.

P
P
Originally Posted by imagine

What is yours?

I take it you still have your house and retirement is still intact?

Your pets are still alive and your church doesn't despise you?

You have at least have spoken to your children?

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Z
Zelmo Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Originally Posted by Pariah
Originally Posted by imagine

What is yours?

I take it you still have your house and retirement is still intact?

Your pets are still alive and your church doesn't despise you?

You have at least have spoken to your children?

I think many of us have had to deal with the unfairness of the fact that many times these people do seem to come away unscathed or in an even better position.
This is very tough to swallow.
I had this expierience with my first wife, a serial cheater. It's been almost 15 years sine d-day and the chickens did, eventually, come home to roost. Her second marriage dissolved as she is a NPD and abused her husband. My son wants nothing to do with her, as she abused him for years, as well. She has lost her looks and is not well liked.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation