Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
C
C
Most DEFINITELY go to the bank NOW. She has a history of stealing money.

Pack up her clothes and junk and either put it on the doorstep or move it to a spare bedroom.

Do another exposure and let everyone know she is choosing to not support the marriage. Call everyone before SHE has a chance to do it and spin her web.

File a restraining order on the guy so he can't come anywhere near your house.

Fill out the Plan B letter with what it would take to take her back. Put it on top of her clothes.

And get hold of that lawyer!

{{{opt}}}

O
OP Offline
O
just did the money thing.
I'll expose as much as I can for the next hour or so.
on what grounds do I do a restraining order?
I'll do the clothes and PB letter while she's at work, if she goes to work....
opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
C
C
On the grounds that you are afraid for your children's safety and well-being. You have a young daughter. There is a man of questionable morality spending time around your daughter's mother. You think he is going to target said daughter, since he is making inappropriate moves toward a married woman. That's how perverts get to the young ones - through the desperate mothers.

O
OP Offline
O
okay Cat, got it.

I exposed to many of her friends so she can't "spin it"
they were all very supportive.

I have a realtor coming at 1:30 to assess the value of the house.

Title to my truck is secure out of the house.

I'll look at plan B letters now.

Would it be vindictive to cut off all the cable/internet service to the home - I'll tell her she can pay for it if she wants it but since it's my money now, I'll do with it as I please. TV was always a dcistraction from me and she spends more time on the internet than she does with domestic support - she can pay for that herself too.
?

I'll provide heat, electricity, and food. My kids can learn to read more and play board games. Of course I'll get myself an air card.

Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Another EA Story
D
D
Cut the internet, but I'd be dayumed if I cut my cable.

Have you set up that your deposits get made to a different account? I'd make sure my employer knew that toot-sweet. If her celly is in your name, cut it now.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
I
I
Optimism:

Prepare yourself for battle. This sounds like its going to get ugly. Just remember rule #1 in these situations: DON'T MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE. She may give you endless reasons why you *have* to move out. Don't buy it for a second. This is your house. DON'T LEAVE. And don't leave your kids either. They need to see that you are the strong one. That you are the one who is going to stand up to this crap. Everything you have learned about Plan A and MB is going to be your rock at this point. Be calm, be cool.

And you will survive. You may get mauled financially, but you will never starve. She's not going to get the kids full time. There is light, it's just hard to see in this state. Keep your faith strong, cuz that's where the real strength is.

Also: have a plan for how to proceed. Don't just start firing off decisions without an end game in mind. Keep the kids at the forefront of every decision you make and it will likely be the right one.

Dammit. These entitled, WW b*%$#es are really pissing me off right now.

Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

BH - age 33
WW - age 33, pregnant w/OC, due Jun. 2010
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
Plan D - Divorce Papers served 11-12-09
WW moved in w/OM 1-30-10 (DS12 Bday)
D
D
Ah, and buy a pocket recorder....just so you can prove you aren't laying a finger on her pointed little head.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Sometimes the worm turns.
First the tools of war are fighting the affair.
Sometimes things change, the tools of war must be against the wayward.
Calls for completely different actions.

B
B
Secure you money so you don't have another repeat of her taking money. Who will you use as an IM if Plan B goes forward? Do not leave your house or let her take your kids. If she will not leave are you willing to file?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
O
OP Offline
O
Secured the money. later noticed the joint account was "blocked" - too late ww!

She's too smart to leave. She's staying in the office. I was hoping she'd just disappear!

Have an appointment with lawyer to file on Friday. 4grand. I have 2....

So, now what - do I Plan A?? I don't have anything to be ashamed about. I figure I just keep being the good parent/person/husband I am learning how to be - that's my new belief system afterall.

Do I pick her up from work at 7:30? I'm soooooooooo tempted to tell her to have her boyfriend pick her up.

Oh, I forgot to say it. NC with OM #1 was broken on Tuesday. found it on her phone.
When confronted I revealed a "source" that I was checking her phone. (had to do it). I also told her I knew she was deleting texts. It's only a matter of time before she figures out I cracked her online account and changes that PW. At this point it don't matter. I'm out if she doens't 'come to Jesus' and that aint happening.

She called my family to say "I'm worried about opt, he seems really unstable" LOL. They just about laughed in her face.

opt.

Another EA Story
C
C
Would you take her back if she comes to Jesus? If so, keep doing Plan A.

If you're done, tell her to let POSOM pick her up. And have her clothes boxed up when she gets home.

D
D
You've totally exposed to the family, right? So the wayward can't spin the story to try to pin it on you acting unstable?

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
N
N
((((Opt)))),

Sorry I am late to the show!!!....(yes, I am imfamous for cracking bad jokes at inappropriate times...just ask my DD16.... grin)

Before I start, I wanted to let you know, when you asked the other day what you were doing wrong, I think you have done a WONDERFUL Plan A. You hadn't done any thing wrong. Most BS'S can't pull off a Plan A without SOME setbacks. You should have seen some of mine!!!! I DID have a feeling that WW was up to no good though...

Now on to the business at hand....

Originally Posted by optimism
Secured the money. later noticed the joint account was "blocked" - too late ww!

GOOD JOB!!!!!

Originally Posted by opt
She's too smart to leave.

You are giving her TOO much credit. Foggy, alien waywards are not using their brains!!!! EVER!!!!......IF she had been smart, she wouldn't have gotten caught today!!!!

oh, and kudos for folling your instinct!!!! If I learned ANYTHING from my H's A, it was to TRUST MY INSTINCTS!!!!

Originally Posted by opt
Have an appointment with lawyer to file on Friday. 4grand. I have 2....

Borrow the rest if you have to. What are you filing?? Divorce, legal seperation??

Originally Posted by opt
So, now what - do I Plan A?? I don't have anything to be ashamed about. I figure I just keep being the good parent/person/husband I am learning how to be - that's my new belief system afterall.

No you don't have anything to be ashamed about. The shame is all on WW. NEVER FORGET THAT.

I think you should be in a dark, dark, DARK Plan B. No more Plan A. You did your part. Plus, if you Plan A at this point, she'll think nothing is amiss and that it has all blown over. NOPE....there are consequences to her waywardness. Now, she can see them.

PLUS....I don't think you are "done" yet.......I know you are mad....PO'ED....(and rightly so!!!!), BUT....Since you have talked about setting up an appointment with Steve and if that if she were to have a "come-to-Jesus" moment, then maybe,,,,that tells me you still have some deposits in that Love Bank. GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE......how????

PLAN B
PLAN B
PLAN B.....

Set up an intermidetary right away, write your Plan B letter, stating your guidelines IF she were to want to return to the marriage (and set the bar HIGH!!!!!.....VERY HIGH), and then go DARK.

Originally Posted by opt
Do I pick her up from work at 7:30? I'm soooooooooo tempted to tell her to have her boyfriend pick her up.

hmmmmmmm......I wouldn't.....

Originally Posted by opt
Oh, I forgot to say it. NC with OM #1 was broken on Tuesday. found it on her phone.
When confronted I revealed a "source" that I was checking her phone. (had to do it). I also told her I knew she was deleting texts. It's only a matter of time before she figures out I cracked her online account and changes that PW. At this point it don't matter.

not surprised.......and no it doesn't matter, because in Plan B, you aren't supposed to know what WW is doing, and that includes any spying. Yep, your snooping days are over....

Originally Posted by opt
I'm out if she doens't 'come to Jesus' and that aint happening.

IF....she were to have that moment, it will happen AFTER you entered Plan B and you file, and she SEE'S that you aren't putting up with her wayward wife BS any more....You are taking a STAND for what your marriage SHOULD be......I am proud of you for that....

Originally Posted by opt
She called my family to say "I'm worried about opt, he seems really unstable" LOL. They just about laughed in her face.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

WAYWARDS.... MrRollieEyes

She is trying to turn this on YOU. Good thing you got there first.....

BTW, you have mentioned more than once about her commments on this place being a "cult"....she doesn't KNOW about these forums does she???....What have you told her/what does she know/seen as far as MB is concerned???

Hang in there.....you are doing GREAT!!!!!

and

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING SHE IS SPEWING RIGHT NOW....NOTHING....

{{{{{OPT}}}}}}

Not2fun

O
OP Offline
O
Okay, you are all the best.
I'll address some specifics when I can.
I have some things to think about but I need a little sleep after DS gets home from RE. I just texted ww and said "I don't think it would be a good idea for me to pick you up tonight."
I truly believe that and I can't see anything good coming of it right now. She'll have to fend for herself.
Funny thing is she might not get my text, even though she ALWAYS gets OM's!

I don't even have a credit card - haven't used one in 10 years. But no worries, I'll get those details worked out. I might have a little "lag time" before I start Plan B; right now I feel I've done what I can to protect myself. And I know I'm doing the right thing for my kids and me and ultimately my foggy little wayward.

opt

Another EA Story
L
L
OPT!!! Okay, even though I'm a guy, you're getting this . . . (((opt))).
Man, this sucks. You deserve better. Your WW is beyond foggy, man, she's in total FantasyLand like Disney could never have imagined.

You've done an awesome job handling all this - better than I could for sure. And while you've been fighting your own battle, I want you to know how much you have helped me.

Just keep doing the right things for you and your kids. Don't worry about WW anymore. She doesn't deserve your love.

Linus

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
B
B
Is this your first appt with a lawyer? Many will offer a free or inexpensive first time consult. Don't be too quick to put down a retainer. You don't even have to retain an attorney to file. Do your homework.

Get your Plan B together if you are still willing to go that route. You have to have a solid plan in place before you give WW your letter.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
K
K
Make it so you need a password to access the computer. That could help--canceling internet is okay, but getting it back later if you need it is a long process.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
O
OP Offline
O
Is this your first appt with a lawyer? Many will offer a free or inexpensive first time consult. Don't be too quick to put down a retainer. You don't even have to retain an attorney to file. Do your homework.

I did the free consult with one who was recommended. I hve a meeting with her tomorrow. But I think I will cancel it. I need to scrape up some money, and I would like to look at mediation with W just to see what kind of crazy scheme she has in mind.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there isn't much advantage in rushing things too much. It's over either way.

thanks for the tip.

opt

Another EA Story
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks for the ((()))'s Linus. I'll take any and all!
opt

Another EA Story
O
OP Offline
O

PLUS....I don't think you are "done" yet.......I know you are mad....PO'ED....(and rightly so!!!!), BUT....Since you have talked about setting up an appointment with Steve and if that if she were to have a "come-to-Jesus" moment, then maybe,,,,that tells me you still have some deposits in that Love Bank. GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE......how????

PLAN B

Yeah, I think I'm done. I thought about it a lot last night and I really think this is a good umping off point. If she has some sort of a spontaneous mind-altering change in outlook and a sense of moral reponsibility, then I might consider reconciliation. However, at this point, I really think it's best for my kids to be around her as little as possible - at this point, this seems more easily attainable through divorce. Hanging around is only going to reinforce to ww and KIDS that this deviant behavior is acceptable. That's how ww was raised - F, SF, SF, have all had affairs, most recently her F is engaged to the woman he reunited with while his current wife was dying from emphasyma!

No need to talk to Steve.

opt

Another EA Story
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation