Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
OP Offline
O
Very good!

Thanks.

O
OP Offline
O
Scott Brown sighting. He was on Leno tonight.

F
F
Originally Posted by OurHouse
Scott Brown sighting. He was on Leno tonight.
He should have been in the House Chamber last night.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
J
J
He hasn't been "Seated" yet

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
O
OP Offline
O
Yes, but he should have been seated before the SoU. No need to have to certify the vote...Coakley conceded.

O
OP Offline
O
Did anyone see SNL this weekend? Hilarious skit about Scott Brown. Hard to believe a local guy running for US senate could make national headlines like this. I guess that proves just how important this election was.

http://widgets.nbc.com/cscallback/u...DpVehQuwHtAuEE6Vb1U7pR7gXqXrtQ6gHhBLkE7Q

M
M
Did anyone see SNL this weekend? Hilarious skit about Scott Brown. Hard to believe a local guy running for US senate could make national headlines like this. I guess that proves just how important this election was.

http://widgets.nbc.com/cscallback/u...DpVehQuwHtAuEE6Vb1U7pR7gXqXrtQ6gHhBLkE7Q

Yes, the election was important. Very.

What bothers me about the SNL skit, is that it is saying the problem in Massachusetts wasn't Obama's programs...the "real" problem for the left was that Scott Brown was hot.

O
OP Offline
O
I agree, Marshmallow. Our two big daily papers here have been full of Brown's old modeling photos, stories of his high school rebel days, his sex appeal, etc. It's written in an obliquely admiring manner, but to me it's a clear attempt by his opponents to downplay the importance of why he was elected. He was NOT elected because he's "hot". But if the left can get that message across, through the liberal media as well as the accomodating TV/movie industry, I think it will hurt the conservatives.

I'm hoping Scott Brown himself sees this soon and starts declining interviews and photo ops. Let's get the guy seated and let him get to work.

ETA: Talking out the other side of my mouth now, if any of you ladies here are curious, you can call up the Boston Herald's website and search for recent articles about Scott Brown. And yes, I'm here to tell ya....he is an was "hot". LOL

Last edited by OurHouse; 02/02/10 09:24 AM.
B
B
We have a similar establishment-bucking candidate here in Texas. There are three candidates for the GOP nomination (primary coming in March): two are regular party career politicians - the current governor, Rick Perry, and one of our senators, Kay Bailout Hutchinson. The third is a complete unknown named Debra Medina.

She trounced both the establishment candidates in the first debate. Initially she wasn't invited to the second debate, but there was a huge upswell of support for her combined with a letter writing campaign to the TV station, and they wound up inviting her to participate.

She's in the Ron Paul/tea party mold - state sovereignty, nullification, using the national guard to control the border, and eliminating property taxes. Check her out at Medina's website

I don't know if she stands a chance, but it's exciting to watch...

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks bitbucket. I *love* seeing candidates like these people...I wish her success. I've bookmarked her website, too.

Scott Brown has been in politics for quite some time, but at the local level. He was a town selectman, then a state representative and then state senator before he threw his hat in the ring for the US Senate seat. He's always been very popular because even though he's a registered Republican, he's very moderate and Liberterian-like in his beliefs...similar to your candidate. He's also always remembered who he works for (the people) and who has elected him (the people).

B
B
You might also check this out... Blowout Congress. It's a refined version of the 'throw the rascals out' movement in the early 90's.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
O
OP Offline
O
Great website. Thanks!

Brown has reversed himself from yesterday. I was listening to him during an impromptu call to Michael Graham's radio show where he said he wasn't upset about the Feb 11 swearing in ceremony as he had lots of things to do re: staff, closing offices in MA, his military commitments, etc. He didn't think there was any 'monkey business' going on re: certifying the votes and the timeline. And he said that he'd heard Congress and Obama had pledged to hold off voting on any major bills until he is sworn in.

But today, he reversed himself. Makes me wonder what's going on down in Washington. Are they trying to ram through some legislation?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...olitics/p105431S53.DTL&type=politics

T
T
OH,

Have you not learned at your age that when they speak, it's all lies?

Scott Brown is no different than anyone else. He'll get down there and spend only 1/4 of his time working for MA and the rest working on keeping his post and collecting benefits, granting privies to his cronies.

Ted Kennedy is now the only one speaking truth... silence...

O
OP Offline
O
Of course it's all lies. It's politics. Politics = lies. But for now, I'm happy that we have a senator who is more useful to us than to provide a few laughs at taxpayer expense. The entire Kennedy clan is a joke and Kerry should be shot and put out of his misery. (just kidding about the actual shooting)

As far as Scott Brown ticking off his consitutency...even if he were determined to be an honest politician, the numbers work against him. Over 1 million people elected him. Unless those 1 million have EXACTLY the same set of beliefs and values, at some point, Scott Brown will vote a certain way and tick off a certain percentage of MA voters.

What I'm happy about is that his election has stopped the runaway train of idiots in Washington, derailed the disaster of a health care bill and closer to home, here in MA, prompted people to RUN against incumbents in the upcoming elections. Until I moved to MA, I had NEVER found myself looking at a ballot on election day and finding only an incumbent in every local election.

Not.

One.

Challenger.

That is not how this country is supposed to run. I am not registered to either party (they call it an "unenrolled voter" here in the land of the eternally politically correct term) because both parties have their issues and disgust me equally.

T
T
No politics is based on two words: poly, meaning many, and tics, which are blood sucking insects.

Geez, I actually went the opposite way. I was in HS handing out vote Bush/Quayle stickers and pins door to door and now at 37 make sure I open my window in the truck and spit when when I go by an election center!!!!!

T
T
It's a F---ing act, the whole thing. They act like they are mad at eachother and scream at each other because they think people are stupid, then they go have dinner and chat about their next hunting trip. It's all a farce while they figure out how to stick it to you more deeply without using the word taxes.

The last "job" I had was a lifeguard and that was undergrad. You know my age, and that's how long I've owned my own business. This is a fact:

One year I made about 137k take home, not the best, but up there compared to the averages. I paid so much in taxes, I almost had an anxiety attack. Yes I had the money because I had control of my account, if not my wife would have spent it into oblivion.

An employee making that much pays something like 12-16% less taxes. WTF?

M
M
OurHouse, got a really nice letter today from Scott Brown thanking me for my donation and for helping on the phones. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
smile

I'm a fan of his (and his truck) on Facebook (yes, I know, dirty MB word...).

He routinely is posting updates and endorsements for various people around here FINALLY challenging the useless incumbents. Can't wait until the November elections to get some fresh faces on Beacon Hill.

The Amy Bishop/Bill Delahunt connection is embarassing I'm expecting Delahunt to announce any day now that he's not seeking re-election. His congressional district went OVERWHELMINGLY for Scott Brown.

The Indiana senator's resignation was huge news. My husband thinks that the DNC is positioning him to run in 2012, which says a lot. It's almost ALWAYS the incumbent (Obama) who gets the nod.

F
F
Mitt Romney is also on Facebook.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
smile

I'm a fan of his (and his truck) on Facebook (yes, I know, dirty MB word...).

me too! Both DH and I are facebook fans.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation