Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
L
Originally Posted by dsd
is it a affair or adultery? Also i wasnt trying to quote anyone

Earlier, you posted:

Maybe living in sin but then again you or I arent to judge each other

People who make statements like that are generally referring to Matthew 7:1 in the Bible.

You really need to pay better attention to what Mrs. W is telling you.

Bible scripture is GOD'S WORD.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M
Originally Posted by dsd
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by dsd
Originally Posted by dsd
Merriam-Webster online search -Adultery:voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a woman and someone other than her husband
were do I fit in here MrsW.I see were you fit.

Firstly, are you saying you didn't sleep together until the divorce was final...Come now...I was born in the morning, just not THIS morning, dsd...

As for your current status of doing all that you can to marry this WW, I will quote from Matthew for you again...

"But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery." Matthew 5:32

Let's not forget you are still sleeping with her...She who belongs to another...

As for me?

I stopped committing adultery...I returned to my marriage and am very in love with my husband...I have repented and have been forgiven...

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." John 8:9-11

In a nutshell dsd, I did as Jesus asked...I left that sin behind...

Mrs. W
just saying adultery is not happening as some say it still is

dsd, denying THE TRUTH doesn't change the THE TRUTH...Sorry...

When does an affair stop being an affair, dsd? Is there a statute of limitations on affairs that I am unaware of? Is there something that magically makes an affair legitimate in your eyes?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
just wondering doesnt really matter as long as you feel forgiven.People say that I am in a adulterous affair and as I think more about it maybe I was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but not now and I can live with that!

P
P
Originally Posted by dsd
Pep you took my question that you didnt answer and then ask another question that wasnt even related to the one I ask! So I have to ask are you in politics or public relations? You can add the two together and become a spin doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, they are related.

Your original question:
Originally Posted By: dsd

TO ALL, Do people really change or are we all going to be what we have been the rest of our lives,OM,OW,BS?

How do we measure positive change in a person?
Let's assume we are talking about a person making a change to be a better person.

I was wondering, if you have made some great change and progress, as a man and a citizen and , most importantly, as a father .... what would that look like?
What would that change look like in the eyes of your children?

I began thinking, if you have really changed, and if you have really evolved into a better man, a better father, you would be paying a lot of child support toward the care and keeping and education of the children you do not have custody of.

I was thinking a changed man would be involved with their schooling, going to parent/teacher conferences, going to their little league games, their dance/music performances, etc. Helping them with their homework. Taking them to their doctor's appointments. Taking them to church or to movies or to tutors, if they need it.

I was thinking, a changed man would be going above and beyond what he is required to do by law in providing for his children ... paying MORE $$$ than a court has ordered him to.

So, instead of asking all of that, I asked:

Are you paying a lot of child support for the children you've sired and no longer live with?

L
L
just saying adultery is not happening as some say it still is

Are you saying that you and the mother of your 3yo DD are no longer living together or having sex with one another?

If you are still living together or having sex with her, yes, adultery is STILL happening!

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Lady clue for you look up adultery with marrion-webster

S
S
I think we are being scammed ladies. No one can be this obtuse for real.

I'm done.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
L
L
DSD,

The

BIBLE

TRUMPS

Merriam-Webster!

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A question for all. When a drug addict achieves sobriety they are still a addict,correct? When a alcoholic achieves sobriety they are still a alcoholic,correct? So when a cheater comes here and says they are doing whatever it takes to recover there marriage wont they always be a cheater?

F
F
Alcoholics and addicts who have RECOVERED. However, they can never, ever again do what they did, because the results will be the same or worse.

The key word is RECOVERED.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
I
I
Originally Posted by MrsW
Lastly, my suggestion to you would be to consider another part of the MB forums to assist you - MB101 perhaps? The "Surviving An Affair" forum is the triage section for married people dealing with the horrible impact of adultery on their marriages...The adulterous origin [and continuance] of your non-marital relationship is not well suited for this particular section, imo...
Great advice.

D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So they are still alcoholics and addicts because they CAN NOT control there abuse. Kinda like a ex smoker told me that if he smoked 1 cig. he would burn the whole pack up and be buying another pack as soon as he ran out. A life long drinker quit drinking because his doctor said it was affecting him.His doctor said to limit it to 1-2 drinks a day and he would be fine. He told me that he decided to quit drinking altogether because for him that was easier than stoping after 1-2drinks Still an alcoholic but not drinking!!!!!!!!!

F
F
Originally Posted by dsd
So they are still alcoholics and addicts because they CAN NOT control there abuse. Kinda like a ex smoker told me that if he smoked 1 cig. he would burn the whole pack up and be buying another pack as soon as he ran out. A life long drinker quit drinking because his doctor said it was affecting him.His doctor said to limit it to 1-2 drinks a day and he would be fine. He told me that he decided to quit drinking altogether because for him that was easier than stoping after 1-2drinks Still an alcoholic but not drinking!!!!!!!!!
What's your point?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
D
dsd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Whats my point? point is I came here to learn and understand what it takes to be in the best relationship possible given the circumstances at the time.many on here was cheating on their spouse when their spouse did not know but they still say they are former cheaters but how can that be when a alcoholic is always a alcoholic and a drug addict is always a addict.

EDIT

I Have never cheated in this relationship and thats more than alot of you on here can say. I am a good person and take care of my family and have supported many of familys in time of need and hardships. I do believe in god and may not be able to say one verseof the bible and dont really care or want anyone telling me their interpitation of said verses or any other verse they want to talk about but dont care if they believe it that way or not.I can not take back time and do things different and may not always agree with you but that doesnt mean either are not right or wrong. Iam just trying to be a better person , father,businessman and spouse. thanks

Last edited by BerlinMB; 02/03/10 06:07 PM. Reason: TOS Violation - Do Not Re-Edit
B
B
We are done here

mbmodberlin@gmail.com
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation