Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
He is partnered with a fellow named Andy Parks, and their show is called, "Grandy and Andy."
How far the famous have fallen...

T
T
The Love Boat

I remember those Saturday nights, everyone else had a date, but not Luri.....She watched Chips at 7, Love Boat at 8, and Fantasy Island at 9. Woe, woe is me.......

M
M
Chips at 7, Love Boat at 8, and Fantasy Island at 9.
This explains a lot, I think...

stickout

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
The Love Boat

I remember those Saturday nights, everyone else had a date, but not Luri.....She watched Chips at 7, Love Boat at 8, and Fantasy Island at 9. Woe, woe is me.......

Cue violins rotflmao

Z
Z
Eric Estrada- Hot tamale.

Quien es mas macho? Fernando Llamas o Ricardo Montalban?

Chico Escuela?

Last edited by Zelmo; 02/03/10 03:59 PM.
M
M
I'm really starting to worry about you, Z. skeptical
Eric Estrada- Hot tamale.
uhuh

M
M
Originally Posted by Zelmo
By nature, they seem to be the types of folks who look for external factors to both justify their actions and to provide for their happiness and contentment. They are leaves blown about by the wind. Truly pathetic.

Just wanted to point out that this trait isn't necessarily "nature" or "organic"...Sometimes it is "nurture", and is seen quite frequently in children of practicing alcoholics and/or children of the untreated mentally ill - and though I'm not a big fan of delving into "childhood issues" to deal with what is in front of you *today*, I do think this particular part of "nurture" can be relevant...

I know it was for me...That is not to say that I needed to understand that before stopping the bad behavior, just something that I have come to know about myself during recovery...I am also a firm believer that "nurture" or "learned behaviors" can be unlearned and CHANGED! hurray

The life of a child of a practicing alcoholic or untreated mentally ill person DOES seem out of their control...really it IS out of their control...So they learn to adapt by watching the behavior of others in the household - this is how they determine how they feel - how they behave - what is acceptable in the household for that day...This way of living often creates a highly intuitive person, but at a high cost...All of their own personal power is given to others...This way of living sets them up to exist on the whims/opinions of others...Who they are IS determined by others...Compliments send them soaring, and by the same token criticism reduces them instantly to the lowest of lows...Criticism carries far more weight than compliments, btw - it takes about a million compliments to balance out one criticism...so they CRAVE compliments...makes sense - to me anyway...

No kidding this is how I lived for YEARS...

I remember when our daughter started pre-school I thought it was some new educational movement when her teachers emphasized teaching the students the importance of making "wise choices"...I am not kidding! That is how foreign the concept of every individual's life being a direct result of their own choices was to me! I honestly believed that life "just happened" to me - because really, that had been my experience in living with a father with Bipolar Disorder that remained unmedicated - well except for "self medication" with alcohol...It embarrasses me to admit that I didn't understand something as simple as "your choices make your life", but it was true...

I credit this forum - for teaching me otherwise - specifically Pep and Mel - Pep because of her "your opinion of me is none of my business" quote [I LOVE THAT! stickout], and Mel because she HAMMERED it in to me that I was giving away my power, and that the "lady in the mirror's opinion" was what was important - that and Mr. W's opinion of course wink...I also credit Dr. Harley's teachings for my learning about how my choices affect our lives - I have seen that feelings follow actions based upon his behaviorist approach...

I am so grateful...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Z
Z
I agree, Mrs W. I grew up in that type of environment, as well. Messes you up, but one can get better.

So, Mark, not a Ponch fan? What was the other guy's name?

M
M
I agree, Mrs W. I grew up in that type of environment, as well. Messes you up, but one can get better.

Yes they can, Zelmo! Thank God! AND, growing up that way is NO EXCUSE for doing what I did - as an adult I was fully responsible for getting myself straightened out...I am thankful that I finally have...I hate that others paid a high price for me to learn...frown

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

F
F

John was the character, not sure of the actor. Frankly I preferred "Emergency!" Love those fireman smile They are HOT lashes

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
OP Offline
P
I love this thread.
A mixture of serious insight, and silly.

Z
Z
Originally Posted by faithful follower

John was the character, not sure of the actor. Frankly I preferred "Emergency!" Love those fireman smile They are HOT lashes

Randolph Mantooth(wonder if he needed braces as a kid. Maybe it was "boytooth", until he grew up.)
Didn't you love those Jack Webb/Dragnet Spinoofs? Adam 12, Emergency, any others?

P
OP Offline
P
Car 54 where are you?

Z
Z
Martin Milner is 78? Yikes.

R
R
Hawaii Five-0

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin
Hawaii Five-0

I nominate this one for BEST TV SHOW THEME MUSIC

Last edited by Pepperband; 02/03/10 05:32 PM.
R
R
hurray hurray hurray

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin
hurray hurray hurray

I'd pay good money to see Mark toe tap dance to this music!

R
R
rotflmao

T
T

'Jon Baker' - played by Larry Wilcox.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation