Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
My BFF showed me an email where a friend of hers (distant acquaitance of mine) admitted she was having an A with her ex-boyfriend who happens to be a priest (terrible, isn't it).
In the email the WS stated that she had never fallen out of love with her XBF and had been sleeping with him on and off for her entire ten year M. She said she never really loved her H and only M him because her XBF was a priest and couldn't M her. I guess he can commit adultery but he can't M.

I am terribly disgusted. I know her H and I think he is a really good father and H. Should I send an anonymous email to her H letting him know that his W is cheating on him? I wish someone would have told me that my DH was cheating when he was having an A. I want to let him know so bad I can hardly take it. What do you think?

U
U

I wouldn't do it anonymously. He would be more likely to discount it or ask his wife who would deny and go further underground. If you know the guy, just tell him directly. He will almost certainly thank you for it.

Last edited by Unfettered; 02/05/10 04:15 PM.

ex-WW had 2 PAs in first 2 years. Buh-bye.
Divorce finalized: 1/28/09
Now just living and loving again.
F
F
Show him the email. You can't state for certain you know the facts, but that this is the news you've been reading.

And yes, he will thank you for it. Later. Much later.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
admitted she was having an A with her ex-boyfriend who happens to be a priest (terrible, isn't it).

Are you serious? faint

I'd take it to the church.
ASAP

It is a dangerous thing to hide this level of evil within a church community.

C
OP Offline
C
I really wish I knew what parish he was a member of, I would sing like a bird. I am going to forward her H the email she sent to my BFF. I will have to find a way to find his email.

T
T
Expose this BH. If you can then expose at his church.

M
M
cobolgirl, you will be doing such a GOOD DEED for so many people if you expose this affair!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
YES!

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
D
dsd Offline
D
cobolgirl,expose to all the churches in the area he is from. They will know were he preaches from and then will know all about him and morally couldnt give him any recommendations for another job!

H
H
Since priests are far and few; google him and I bet you will get the info you need and all the good deeds he is doing for the community.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
I'd expose in a heart beat.

Forward the email to the BH and to all the churches. Many churches work in a cluster, and if not, they do all know of each other because of the community projects they are involved in tend to have overlapping.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
Yes I exposed an affair to a BW a few years ago. She was very grateful.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
F
F
Yes.

'Nuff said.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation