Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
PMG Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Is there a part of these plans to let the spouse of the other man or other woman know that their spouse is cheating on them with your spouse?

Or does this not do anything positive?

H
H
Exposure is key to bringing the cockroaches out of the darkness. If you are not able to do this, have a friend or family member tell the spouse. But be ready for denial. Get your facts (proof) in order first. Better yet... post the details of your story here and let the vets help you develop a plan of attack.

P
PMG Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ok, my wife is seeing a cop. I have SMS records of their communications for a two day period. It is very clear that this is at least an EA, and at the time headed to a PA. "I get you for 4 1/2 hours this weekend", and I remember her telling me that weekend that she was going to spend the night at a girlfriends... yeah right.

I also have computer logs.

He is a cop.. and soon after I started discovering this, I confronted my wife, who then got a restraining order against me on false allegations, which I suspect he encouraged to get me out of the "picture". Since then it seems magically now HE is supposedly getting a divorce and is not with his wife. I found her facebook profile and want to know if and how I should inform her.

If this is something I should do.. I will.. If it's not advised, then I won't. But I'm pretty sure that my wife will $h!t a brick if she is confronted by his wife or she finds out that I informed her. And I'm not too choked up about that wink

H
H
Besides a plan for exposure, you need to have a plan for dealing with your wife. Do you want to stop the affair AND save your marriage? You need to read up on some MB principle so you know what to do, what to expect, and how to respond.

As for him getting a divorce... just know that lies abound in affairs. And the liars improve their lying ability the longer the affair lasts.

Again, you might want to post more of your details like length of marriage, number of kids, and other factors since advice from the posters might vary based on these factors.

Just know that you are not alone. It's a painful experience that none of us deserve.

P
PMG Offline OP
OP Offline
P
No kids from our marriage. Been married only 15 months.

Sorry, not sure what other details to give. Things seemed really good between her and I and then we started going through some emotionally and financially difficult times, but I thought these were times we were pulling through TOGETHER. Struggles we SHARED. Also she takes a crapload of medication, 450mg of Welbutrin and large dosages of Xanax, plus takes water pills and hormones.... It's honestly like she's a different person.

M
M
Originally Posted by PMG
No kids from our marriage. Been married only 15 months.

Oh good grief man. Expose to the OMW, but get out of that, fast. If this is happening after only 15 months of M, just imagine what the rest of a life spent with your WW might bring!

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
T
T
Expose OMW and WW parents and siblings.

Also expose OM at work.

S
S
Expose away

M
M
Originally Posted by PMG
If this is something I should do.. I will.. If it's not advised, then I won't. But I'm pretty sure that my wife will $h!t a brick if she is confronted by his wife or she finds out that I informed her. And I'm not too choked up about that wink

Absolutely! The OP's spouse should be told right away. That would be a good thing for everyone involved.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
You want to expose ASAP. After exposure, expect the APs to go nuts because you have exposed their dirty little secret. When you tell the BW, be upfront and let her know she can contact you for further info. Be compassionate...no matter what the APs say, it is very likely BW has no idea what is going on. You don't want to go off on her telling her what an ahole her WH is. You want this woman as an ally so keep the lines of communication open and stick to the facts that you know.

Given your short marriage and no children, you really need to seriously think about whether or not this marriage is worth trying to save. RECOVERY IS HARD! Many in your situation say they understand that R is hardwork and then they are surprised just how hard it is. How old are you?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by PMG
I confronted my wife, who then got a restraining order against me on false allegations, which I suspect he encouraged to get me out of the "picture".

Are you no longer living with your WW? Either way, don't confront her anymore, you just drop the nukes and she will find out eventually. You want to expose to her family as well. Exposure is more effective when you drop the bombs all at once instead of trickle here, trickle there.

But I'm pretty sure that my wife will $h!t a brick if she is confronted by his wife or she finds out that I informed her.

You want that...the more bricks the better. wink

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
D
D
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Expose OMW and WW parents and siblings.

Also expose OM at work.

From the cop's wife: don't count on this doing anything. There is very much a GOB (good ol'boy) mentality in law enforcement.

Now, if his job is with a Sheriff's dept. that might be another story. Any Sheriff that has to be elected might see him as a threat to HIS job.

Also, no matter who you expose to (PD etc.) only expose to them if you have proof that he is using departmental time/resources to further his illicit activities. By that, I mean if you have copies of emails from when he was obviously on duty (or from the departmental email), or phone records where he was using departmental time to chat her up for extensive periods of time.

The only time the department perked it's ears forward with my situation was when I showed them phone records where he was talking to the tart for HOURS when he was supposed to be on duty.

I got much better pull when I talked to his two partners (both of whom are VERY Christian and devoted to their wives). Both of them double teamed him whenever they were on duty together.

Last edited by Dealan-de; 02/17/10 09:05 AM.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
PMG Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by black_raven
You want to expose ASAP. After exposure, expect the APs to go nuts because you have exposed their dirty little secret. When you tell the BW, be upfront and let her know she can contact you for further info. Be compassionate...no matter what the APs say, it is very likely BW has no idea what is going on. You don't want to go off on her telling her what an ahole her WH is. You want this woman as an ally so keep the lines of communication open and stick to the facts that you know.

Given your short marriage and no children, you really need to seriously think about whether or not this marriage is worth trying to save. RECOVERY IS HARD! Many in your situation say they understand that R is hardwork and then they are surprised just how hard it is. How old are you?

I am 35, my wife is 43.

P
P
Nuclear expose to everyone.

OMW should be the first you tell, she will be your biggest ally.

You've only been married a little over a year?

Make sure all her cr@p is on fire in the driveway when she comes home.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
P
PMG Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Now I don't want to get into any legal trouble... is there anything I should be worried about as far as I have a program on the laptop monitoring all keystrokes, websites, etc and it sends me an email report of it all! LOL!!!

I have record of him getting a hotel for them two to take a trip a couple of weekends ago. I am just wondering if I reveal any of this, could I get in legal trouble for it? I believe that the law says that since her and I are both married that all the belongings are equally ours.. only issue is this.. once one of the players is confronted with the evidence of these logs... they will surely have the computer wiped and redone, and thus I will lose that as an avenue of information...although.. I may already have all the info I need.

Last edited by PMG; 02/17/10 11:29 AM.
T
T
Never reveal your sources. You do not have to prove the truth.

I
I
What is medically wrong with your wife? Does she get depressed?

How did she meet with the LEO?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
M
M
Originally Posted by PMG
Now I don't want to get into any legal trouble... is there anything I should be worried about as far as I have a program on the laptop monitoring all keystrokes, websites, etc and it sends me an email report of it all! LOL!!!

You've created a separate e-mail account for receiving those reports, right? One that doesn't have an obvious name or password that doesn't tie it back to you? smile

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
B
The decision to rebuild is all yours but really take a look at the woman you are married to and see the pattern of her behavior since you have known her.

Do not reveal your source. For all WW knows, she was sloppy and left info out in the open that you just happened to come across. whistle Let her wonder...you don't have to say anything other than you KNOW the truth. Heck, you could drop a hint that maybe POSOM was going around bragging to his friends about getting in her pants and watch the fireworks begin. grin Expose and let the crapfest begin. You should stay calm and stand back while the APs go ballastic. Do not engage them. You can't reason with a crazed person.

Are you an WW still living together or not?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

_
_

drop a hint that maybe POSOM was going around bragging to his friends about getting in her pants and watch the fireworks begin.

Cops are famous for this. I like it smile

Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation