Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
look, the ONLY WAY Tiger can really make up for what he's done is 2 follow through on what he said this morning. And it will take YEARS for anyone 2 be able 2 tell that he's lived up 2 what he said.

I still think it was a good speech. I think he said all the right things. Now, it's time for actions.

I hope that he lives up 2 what he just said, but I don't have a dog in that particular fight. ...except that, whenever infidelity is in the news like this, it provides a nucleus for deep discussions between my W and I that I couldn't afford the cash for!

-ol' 2long

P
P
I did not watch Tiger give his comments to the media.
Think I'll go look at the news now and see what you people are talking about.

J
J
I hope that Tiger does do the right things and I hope he does it all out in public. Because he is famous, he now has the opportunity to show other WS how to make amends. I really liked Tiger before all this happened, and I hope and pray that my WH truly hears what Tiger said. My WH felt entitled, not because he was rich or famous, but because he has worked hard his entire life and not been rich enough. My WH felt cheated and decided that he was going to take what he wanted because God was making him suffer too much and for too long.

As for Veronica Siwik-Daniels, she ABSOLUTELY deserves what she has gotten. Any stupid OP that has the gaul to put their hands on another human being whom they KNOW to be MARRIED deserves far worse than they are likely to get.

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
W
W
Most of here cheer on a BS when they report that their WS is sort of ontrack with doing what we expect a WS to be doing in order to earn their F.
If this is Tigers 1st step working towards the "F" then I say good for him.
Taking ownership for his A is step 1 in my book and I hope for the sake of his M and kids that he follows thru with the remaining steps and some how is able to salvage the rest of his families life.

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
N
N
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward
Most of here cheer on a BS when they report that their WS is sort of ontrack with doing what we expect a WS to be doing in order to earn their F.
Taking ownership for his A is step 1 in my book and I hope for the sake of his M and kids that he follows thru with the remaining steps and some how is able to salvage the rest of his families life.

I have to agree......I think that fact that he is STILL not returning to game and made no promises of when he would shows that he is dedicated to doing this. I just hope for his children, Elin, and ESPECIALLY himself, that he stays with it.....TIME will tell

not2fun

S
S
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward

I have to agree......I think that fact that he is STILL not returning to game and made no promises of when he would shows that he is dedicated to doing this. I just hope for his children, Elin, and ESPECIALLY himself, that he stays with it.....TIME will tell

not2fun

Me too. I am sure he did have help with the speech but that doesn't mean it isn't heartfelt. I hear all the time on here that feelings follow actions...so maybe he is just doing the best he can. Time will tell.

He has been the golden child/boy to everyone his entire life. It must have taken incredible humility to get up and say anything about this private matter.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband

OK, just watched it on CNN.

Tiger did an excellent job .... in front of his mother.

As a Mom, I can appreciate that particular detail.

And, back for more "treatment" he goes.

Good for him.

S
S

Good for him.

Did anyone else notice that he didn't mention 'sex addiction'? I hope he doesn't try to blame it off on that.

N
N

Good for him.

yeppers, I just finished it too.....

Did anyone else think that he looked a mess??....I mean he truly looked like a broken man....and more treatment???....I liked that even more.

not2fun

M
M
I thought he looked...human, you know? He looked more 'real' to me than I've ever seen him look.

I am so glad he made no mention of his skankhos. They should be non-persons to him and his family. They deserve no place in his family's life.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
I agree. I am somewhat impressed by the fact that apparently he is going back for more treatment and especially by the fact that he said he did not know when he would return to golf. I really thought his press conference would be all about his big comeback.

Would love to get Dr. Drew's assessment of all this.

And if Tiger ever dreams of mentioning any of his wh*re collection in public, I have no doubt he will wake up with a golf club shoved in one ear and out the other. That would be just about the worst thing he could possibly do.

Pep (or anyone else who knows), does it seem like he is following the AA plan for making amends, etc.?

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
J
J
I just read his comments on the web.

I am a golfer and have played the game for...Gosh 58 years????
That cannot be right, can it?

Frankly, I don't think Tiger owes anyone but his family a real explanation for what he did. Given that he is famous we all have been "priviledged" to hear details of his affairs, that we don't need.

Having said that, I will say that Tom Watson made some interesting observations about Tiger. He felt that while Tiger was great for the game on one level, his respect for the game wasn't that high as exhibited by his club throwing and profanity on the course in a tournament attended by the public.

I tend to think that golf is the most important thing in his life as it provides the lifestyle and it was engrained from an early age. His lack of respect for the game that defines him, is completely consistent with his lack of respect for his W, his children, and his sense of entitlement.

He lost far more than he realizes when he cheated as he did with such low life's. He lost something he may never get back...respect. However, one way to see how Tiger is doing is to watch his behavior on the course when he comes back. I stil think that his W will divorce him and should but then given the senseless behavior maybe that actually changes things, he certainly wasn't "in-love" with any of the Bimbo's.

At some point he must come to realize he is famous for playing a "game" not for his intelligence, his contributions to society, or doing anything more than keeping his caddie employeed and the folks that sell yachts and airplanes supported via his purchases.

If that ever comes, he might actualy turn into a man to respect. If all he does is win trophies, then he won't have been much of a man...just a very good golfer.

Time will tell.
JL

Originally Posted by Just Learning
I am a golfer and have played the game for...Gosh 58 years????
That cannot be right, can it?

um, yes JL, it can! grin

-ol' 2long

J
J
2L, wink

No it isn't! Cannot do math worth a darn today. It has only been 56 years. stickout

How ya doing 2L? Well I hope.

JL

F
OP Offline
F
Seen online (author unknown):
Originally Posted by Homage to Blake
The 18th Hole

Tiger!, Tiger!, Burning bright
With his mistress of the night
Prowling, restless, club by club
Prouder than Beelzebub!

Tiger!, Tiger! Hard and sleek
But with females soft and meek
You have your image to uphold
Upon which dreams to fools are sold.

Tiger!, Tiger! Simon Pure
Your illness has no earthly cure!
In the jungle of your soul
Lurks a beast who's never whole.

Tiger!, Tiger! Purring soft
Whose visage many held aloft
Now cowers ever deep within
The shadow world of mortal sin.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Latest word is that Elin and Tiger are back in Orlando, but living in separate houses.

I'm betting that if Elin doesn't come back and start blindly trusting him again - and there's
no way she would ever do that - I expect him to pick a fight with her, so he
can watch HER go off in a rage again. Then poor poor little victim Tiger
will file for divorce. He'll say that he got all this counseling and he
"tried, but it just didn't work."

It's the same pattern so many WS follow once they're busted,
famous or not. Once he's got the damage control of "counseling" behind him,
he'll dump his family and go right back to the ho collection. Then he can be happy with ho-bags 24/7 and Elin and her children can find a real man
to be a husband and a father for them.

Bets, anyone?

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
C
C
I watched the Tiger press conference.

They say The President's speechwriter forumlated the speech, but to me he seemed sincerely upset about....something.

I have heard some experts say that "sex addiction" is BS..Men with money / power simply think they're entitled to sexual access to multiple women because of the sheer number of willing particpants.

M
M
I watched the Tiger press conference.

They say The President's speechwriter forumlated the speech, but to me he seemed sincerely upset about....something.

Well, yeah - upset about GETTING CAUGHT!

I have heard some experts say that "sex addiction" is BS..Men with money / power simply think they're entitled to sexual access to multiple women because of the sheer number of willing particpants.

Yebbut - what starts out as entitlement often ends as an addiction when the person simply cannot stop because they are so addicted to the the rush, the high, when they score another hit. This is true of any behavioral addiction, whether it's shopping, gambling or sex.

And until women stop being so jaw-droppingly stupid and self-loathing that they'll settle for being some player's part-time toy, yes, it will continue.

Me, BW
C
C
But what about the perceived benefits of being a rich / powerful man's toy?

M
M
Originally Posted by ChrisInNOVA
But what about the perceived benefits of being a rich / powerful man's toy?

What benefits? Sure, they got some good times and presents out of it, but they could have had those things with a man who loved them just as well. And every one of those women was immediately labeled a wh*re and a homewrecker as soon as their affairs with a married man were exposed.

Again - what benefits? Money? Attention? Being labeled a wh*re? Never having a man who really loves you because you're too busy being a toy?

Really, truly, I don't see any benefits. You can work to earn money and you can find a man who loves you for attention. What benefits?

Me, BW
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation