Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2338199 03/16/10 01:17 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Okay this is a long story so bare with me. Me and my wife started dating when she was 17 and I was 20. When I meet her she was going through alot her mom being sent to jail and her dad not caring about her at all. About 6 months into the relationship we got pregnant. So I married her. I loved her and wanted to take her away from all the stuff going on in her life. The first 6 months we were good we were poor but happy. Then I decided to join the army. While I was in training for 9 months I started having doubts. I started wondering if I married her because we had a kid or for love. Instead of talking about it to her I kept it inside didn't call her much or write her. I just went out with friends and forgot about it all. Then I came home from training and we went to Alaska together. When we got to Alaska I was good for the first couple of months then I started having doubts again. But once again I clamed up and never talked to her about it. I just ignored her didn't defend her or show her much appreciation. I didn't complement her or show her love. But through all of this she stayed with me and let me try to figure myself put. I got deployed to I Iraq and for the whole year I did the same thing I. Then about 2 months left in th deployment I asked her for a divorce cuz I knew I wasn't making her happy and that she might be better off without me. With about a month left I told her I didn't want a divorce and that she ment everything to me. When I got back we had the post deployment high but instead of me working on our marriage with her I just thought every thing was fine. About 3 weeks ago she told me that she had an affair in oct which was 2 months after I got back. Now she wants space and isn't ready to work on us. She goes out every night with friends that I font know and that she meet at a bar. So I looked on the phone bill and checked her emails and found out that she has been going out with one guy in priticular. She tells me he's just a good friend that she feel safe with. I've been pushing her to talk about it and the more I push the more she pushes back. She talks to and texted this guy all day long. I've tried everything from treating to leave to kicking her out to telling her to cut it off or I'll leave. And everything I do her response is the same. She says she never got a chance to be herself that I took her adult years away and that she needs the space to be herself. We go to marriage counseling and she goes to counseling herself. Everyone is telling me that I just need to back off and give her space which I am doing now but it's like I get home help with the kids then they go to bed and she's out the door to see this guy. She tells me she's going to go hand out with him. In about 2 weeks were leaving for Georgia and I'll be away from this whole situation but u don't want her to resent me for taking her away. I want her to make a decision to be with me not based on her leaving but based on her just wanting me back. I know I'm not the one to make her happy now and I take splice in that fact that she is happy but it hurt so much everytime she leaves cuz I know she dosent want me. Ohh she has been diagnosed with antisocial disorder so it's like everytime she has a problem she runs away from it. So everytime we argue or fight about this or even talk it like she's moving farther and farther away from me. I feel so helpless. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Aden8154; 03/16/10 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
P
P
She goes out every night with friends

Who is watching the child?
I'm assuming you are.

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/16/10 01:55 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
yeah i am watching the child. but i go to work in the morning and she gets up and lays on the couch and just lets her run wild.

P
P
Here's where I am going with this ....
When I meet her she was going through alot her mom being sent to jail and her dad not caring about her at all.

Chances are, your wife will not suddenly become a model mother.
You impregnated a young "woman" who, unfortunately, has no workable frame of reference for parenthood and family.

Your wife is showing no signs that she intends to mature, and become a loving stable wife/mother.
She says she never got a chance to be herself that I took her adult years away and that she needs the space to be herself.

You better get an attorney, and find out what it will take for YOU to become the custodial parent, should this M fall apart.

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/16/10 02:07 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by Aden8154
yeah i am watching the child. but i go to work in the morning and she gets up and lays on the couch and just lets her run wild.

Get an attorney.
Your wife may be doing drugs.

P
P
Ohh she has been diagnosed with antisocial disorder

Get an attorney.
You made a HUGE mistake ... and your priority is now your child, not your marriage.

A
OP Offline
A
she is a actually a great mother before the whole thing with me wanting a divorce. she does take care of the kids and i know she is not on drugs. i love her and refuse to believe that that is the answer.

J
J
1) Put your foot down. Don't let her go hang out with the guy. If she wants to go out, you go with her. I'm sure if you go out with your wife, the OM won't be comfortable hanging around the both of you. Either get a sitter or bring the kid with you.

2) Delete OM from your WW's phone and change her number. Disable texts if you have to. Don't put up with her crap.

3) Your WW is an addict and you are enabling her.

4) Call up OM's parents and let them know he needs to stop fooling around with a married woman.

5) Quit being afraid of your WW. Your fear is what is enabling this to continue.

Last edited by jmwc95; 03/16/10 02:22 PM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
P
she is a actually a great mother

GREAT mothers do not go out to bars every night.
GREAT mothers do not lay around exhausted from partying the night before, while allowing their baby to "run wild".

GREAT mothers read to their baby.
GREAT mothers take their baby to the park/museum/zoo/grandmas.
GREAT mothers turn off the TV and play with their baby.
GREAT mothers spend their energy making a safe and secure nest for their babies.

P
P
she does take care of the kids

There's more than one?

A
OP Offline
A
Yeah we have 2 children ones 4 and the other is 18 months

Jmwc-I've been told by everyone to back off even my mother

A
OP Offline
A
Yeah we have 2 kids thier 4 and 18 months

jmwc- everyone is telling me to give her space even my mother frown go figure

J
J
Yeah we have 2 kids thier 4 and 18 months

jmwc- everyone is telling me to give her space even my mother frown go figure

Everyone has no clue. If you have an alcholic or drug addict, do you let them have space so they can further their addiction or do you show them tough love to get them to end their habit. You are not driving her away, she is wanting space to continue her affair. If you give her plenty of space, she'll have no reason to quit and will continue until you eventually get fed up with her and leave. Your primary focus should be getting NC between her and OM by any means possible. Only then will your relationship have any chance to improve.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
A
OP Offline
A
Itold her I'm not putting up with this guy anymore and I told him to atop all contact with her. She says it's not about him it's about not wanting me anymore. She said that she got over me after I asked for a divorce. I messed up a lil cuz I got mad and said fine I'll take the kids and leave which made her mad. She said she dosent want to work this out anymore and she dosent love me. I told her I'll cut her phone off if she dosent stop talking to him and she's not going anywhere without me i've also taken her money away but she thinks I'm just trying to back her in a corner and leave her stuck with me. What should I do now?

B
B
You talked to him?

A
OP Offline
A
Yeah

A
OP Offline
A
Sorry yeah I know the guy so I told him if my marriage was to have any chance that he needs to cut all contact

S
S
Is he in the service ????

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
A
OP Offline
A
No not in the service just some 22 year old guy who has no car works at a hotel and dosent have his own place

S
S
If this guy is active duty .....your in the drivers seat..... got to have some evidence which sounds like you can get in no time... with a friend and a camera follow the WW next time .....

Go to his commander show what you got ...... ask that he do his duty per UCMJ .......

With out being ugly make sure that you'll run it up the chain if he doesn't control his troop......

It's grounds for a dishonorable discharge.....

If you can get the OM to dump your WW it will be the best way to brake up the A

In the mean time you need to read "her needs his needs"......and "surviving an affair" by Dr Harley.....You've got some work to do to learn how to be a great husband.......

You've got to be on your A-game if you are going to save this thing.......

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation