Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
R

On our Sunday papers last week. Some people will say anything to get publicity:

Guru tells Tiger Woods to divorce wife, embrace multiple partners

MONTREAL: French guru Claude Vorilhon alias Rael, advised golf superstar Tiger Woods in an open letter on Thursday to divorce his wife and embrace multiple sexual partners.

�Adultery is not mental disease but a very normal behaviour among both humans and animals,� said the leader of the atheist Raelian Movement, whose followers believe life on earth was created by extra-terrestrials.

�I encourage you to explore what more and more people are calling �polyamory,� which means loving many people simultaneously and with no jealousy,� he said.

Alluding to Woods� televised apology last week for his extramarital dalliances, Vorilhon urged the golfer to �stop making his life a model of guilt, sadness and conformism to antiquated Judeo-Christian values.�

This, he said, sets a bad example for the younger generation.

Woods� remarks last Friday, in which he said he is undergoing therapy, were his first public comments in nearly three months, since a sex scandal spiraled into a global media storm and pushed him into self-imposed seclusion.

�The only person close to you who needs therapy is your wife,� Vorilhon said, saying the golfer�s spouse Elin Nordegren welcomed Woods� partying ways so long as he didn�t engage in extramarital affairs.

�If she doesn�t get therapy, you will be better off divorcing such a jealous partner to freely enjoy your sexual partners,� he added, inviting Woods to an upcoming Raelian seminar in Las Vegas. � AFP

C
C
Originally Posted by Mulan
Originally Posted by ChrisInNOVA
But what about the perceived benefits of being a rich / powerful man's toy?

What benefits? Sure, they got some good times and presents out of it, but they could have had those things with a man who loved them just as well. And every one of those women was immediately labeled a wh*re and a homewrecker as soon as their affairs with a married man were exposed.

Again - what benefits? Money? Attention? Being labeled a wh*re? Never having a man who really loves you because you're too busy being a toy?

Really, truly, I don't see any benefits. You can work to earn money and you can find a man who loves you for attention. What benefits?

Mulan,

Clearly women get something out of this behavior. Women have been doing this for centuries.

I don't find it appealing because I want a one on one relationship with a man; however, many many many women before you and I were born have done this & many many many women long after we die will provide this type of "service" to men.

It is what it is.

M
M
Originally Posted by RuffledNOT
On our Sunday papers last week. Some people will say anything to get publicity:

Guru tells Tiger Woods to divorce wife, embrace multiple partners

MONTREAL: French guru Claude Vorilhon alias Rael, advised golf superstar Tiger Woods in an open letter on Thursday to divorce his wife and embrace multiple sexual partners.

“Adultery is not mental disease but a very normal behaviour among both humans and animals,” said the leader of the atheist Raelian Movement, whose followers believe life on earth was created by extra-terrestrials.

“I encourage you to explore what more and more people are calling ‘polyamory,’ which means loving many people simultaneously and with no jealousy,” he said.

Alluding to Woods’ televised apology last week for his extramarital dalliances, Vorilhon urged the golfer to “stop making his life a model of guilt, sadness and conformism to antiquated Judeo-Christian values.”

This, he said, sets a bad example for the younger generation.

Woods’ remarks last Friday, in which he said he is undergoing therapy, were his first public comments in nearly three months, since a sex scandal spiraled into a global media storm and pushed him into self-imposed seclusion.

“The only person close to you who needs therapy is your wife,” Vorilhon said, saying the golfer’s spouse Elin Nordegren welcomed Woods’ partying ways so long as he didn’t engage in extramarital affairs.

“If she doesn’t get therapy, you will be better off divorcing such a jealous partner to freely enjoy your sexual partners,” he added, inviting Woods to an upcoming Raelian seminar in Las Vegas. — AFP

Anyone who wants to live this way has one option: STAY SINGLE.

No one is entitled to be both married and single.
No one has the right to torment their spouse and children with a cheater�s lies, neglect, disease and disrespect.
Just chase after cheap single people until you drop and then go home to an empty house.
The rest of us will be far better off without you.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
Clearly women get something out of this behavior. Women have been doing this for centuries.

Well, sure. Sometimes they had little other option than to use a man as a meal ticket and a source of status. But I don't understand why, in the 21st century, women still set their goal in life as "finding a man to live off of".

I saw it happen at least once in my ex-husband's family. Don't know how it ended up, but marrying *another guy's* foreign bride and having a child with her - when she's already abandoned one child in her home country - and now is under a deportation order because she's not married to the first guy but is married to you - doesn't seem like the road to happiness for anyone. JMHO. But the woman in question didn't seem to see anything wrong with it. That's what men are for, right?

Besides, all of Tiger's toys were shocked and devastated to learn that they weren't the only ones. They told themselves it was "love" even though they knew he was married. Or that's just what they're telling the press so they don't look quite so stupid and cheap, but actually I'm inclinced to believe them.

Too bad so few women think they deserve better.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
C
C
Originally Posted by Mulan
Too bad so few women think they deserve better.

I agree 100% smile

M
M
So, now Tiger's going to play the Masters. Swell for him and swell for golf. But for his his marriage and family?

Let him earn his way back - if he was ever there in the first
place. Having a good marriage that derailed is one thing, but I'm not sure
that Tiger was ever invested in the marriage at all. So, what does he have
to come back to? Obviously, thoughts of his children didn't stop his
monumental cheating spree.

I still think his actions now are just to get
him back into golf. Hope Elin is very, very careful.

Me, BW
M
M
Kindergarten teacher: Woods lied about school race incident

In the book, the story Tiger told includes the tale of when he was beaten down in the playground by a group of racist white kids.

"I became aware of my racial identity on my first day of school, on my first day of kindergarten. A group of sixth graders tied me to a tree, spray-painted the word 'n-----' on me, and threw rocks at me. That was my first day of school. And the teacher really didn't do much of anything," according to the book.

LINK

M
M
Well, Tiger got exactly what he wanted out of the Masters Tournament. He learned that the crowds would still cheer for him and fawn all over him, and that the sponsors would still want him for their ads (especially powerhouse Nike.)

Message Received: Hey, Tiger, your advisors were wrong! See, you didn't need a wife and kids for people to like you at all. The fans still love you and the big sponsors still want you.

So, now you're free to dump the ball and chain and just see the kids when it's convenient.

Mark my words: This WILL happen. I lived through the same exact thing.

Golf gives Tiger everything he wants in life. That's money, wh*res and huge amounts of fawning attention.

Corporate life gives XWH everything he wants in life. That's money, wh*res and huge amounts of fawning attention.

No wife can compete with that. A family just gets in the way. That's why Tiger looked so happy at the Masters: He's learned that he doesnt' really need a family after all, so he's free to dump them.

The same thing happened to me. That's why I can relate.

Me, BW
K
K
Mulan - you may have observed him sliding back into the limelight.

But that isn't what I saw.

Instead I saw the spotlight on a family man who kept his composure win the praise of the masses, and win the green jacket.

After Tiger shot his tantrum during play - something he clearly promised was something he was cleaning up, everyone distanced themselves from him and it was all about Phil.

I think people are tired of Tiger. I saw a very lonely man out there on the green. Hardly a camera would look at him...

C
C
It takes a long time to cure selfishness, stupidity, greed, and self-centeredness.

banghead

puke

R
R
Tiger Woods is cured of getting caught.
And he is rehabilitating his corporate image.

C
C
That may have gotten a blow today....when his coach dumped him.

M
M
Originally Posted by cinderella
That may have gotten a blow today....when his coach dumped him.

Wow, how'd I miss that? You are right! There's a story about it at radaronline - sounds like the guy used to really respect Tiger, but now wants nothing to do with him . . . maybe the dominoes are starting to fall.

Good.

Me, BW
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation