Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 57 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
_
_
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
It's true. Those plates are reserved for the Jeep for six months. I only need to provide evidence of a current emissions inspection to the DMV and the plates will be on their way to me.

I'm not going to get the locks and transponders changed just yet. It may be possible to (a) compel her to return the key at the divorce hearing, or (b) to bargain for its return with the personal items she left in the Jeep.

We'll see.

She can always get another key made and hijack it some day.

Be careful

And PLEASE post a pic of the new license plates when they get put on the Jeep.

Larry

T
T
I agree with others - get the locks changed. Garage door openers aren't secure. Sure, you could wait for the divorce to get the key but what for? You are risking having to go after her again and the jeep may not be nearly so accessable next time. And SHE might have the locks changed and you will have to have it done again anyway. You have won this battle - savour the victory and protect your booty.

Oh - and I think you should paint the jeep a bright colour to match the plates!!!

"what about our relationship?"

and

"Life for a repo man is always intense!"

You done good! And though I agree, your plate suggestion is great, "REPO MAN" is also within the 7-letter limit!

smile

-ol' 2long

F
OP Offline
F
Not much worse for the wear, the repo man returned my Jeep to me today. I emptied her stuff out of it, washed it, filled it with gas, bought a "Club" (thanks for the suggestion, MiM) and went to a meeting.

The rain came (as I knew it would - but washing it was still needed to get some mud off it), and then I pulled it into the garage and gave it a good vacuuming and spritzed some Meguiar's Odor Eliminator to remove the smoke odor (which wasn't too awful, but still noticeable). The hardest part was the dog hair. I pulled some packing tape and got the worst of it, but it's going to take an hour or so in good light to really do the job.

And I spoke with my daughter and asked her to take a picture of me with the new license plate when I receive it. I need to get an emissions inspection before I can get them, and that won't be possible until Monday at the earliest. But have no fear, you all WILL see them!

She wants to post them on her Facebook page. But first she thinks she should "unfriend" The Leopard. I told her not to bother...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
_
_

Uh, . . .

She wants to post them on her Facebook page. But first she thinks she should "unfriend" The Leopard. I told her not to bother...

Try, don't you DARE!

Larry

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by _Larry_
Uh, . . .

Try, don't you DARE!

Larry

rotflmao

St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
The rain came (as I knew it would - but washing it was still needed to get some mud off it), and then I pulled it into the garage and gave it a good vacuuming and spritzed some Meguiar's Odor Eliminator to remove the smoke odor (which wasn't too awful, but still noticeable).

Consider replacing the cabin air-filter as well - that should help quite a bit with any odors.

She wants to post them on her Facebook page. But first she thinks she should "unfriend" The Leopard.

Hmm - she could always "tag" the picture with Leopard's name (evil grin)...

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
G
G
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
She wants to post them on her Facebook page. But first she thinks she should "unfriend" The Leopard.
Hmm - she could always "tag" the picture with Leopard's name (evil grin)...
I love this idea...

I'm not a complete idiot. There are parts missing.
S
S
Fred,

You really came up with a good one....

If you had a GPS tracker in the jeep then if she stole it you could put the cops right on her....

I want to steal your plate Idea..... would love to use that in my state......

If we auction all our stuff off to settle I wanted to buy her car then crush it with my tractor...... but I like your plate idea better and it's way cheaper........

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
R
R
Good weekend?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by rainbowmomof2
Good weekend?
I Put nearly 500 miles on the Jeep.

Boy, it's certainly not "my kind" of vehicle. It's got rattles, a blown speaker, a small starburst on the windshield and still has the occasional cigarette smoke stench. It's going to be tough to sell any time soon, that's for sure!

The weekend itself was quite enjoyable. I wish the weather had been a few degrees warmer (a jacket on the beach was definitely needed!), but I saw a lot of people I only see once every six months or so, and that was nice.

In the "ain't that a coincidence" department, I bought an auto detailing coupon from the Groupon website. It will allow me to get a full detailing treatment on the Jeep for 65% the regular price.

Most likely by the time I get it in salable shape, I won't want to... wink

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2353400 04/12/10 10:12 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Today was The Leopard's ten year A.A. anniversary. I learned from a guy I sponsor that she attended a meeting I had just stopped attending two weeks ago. My reason for stopping was that it was affecting my time too much (my home group meets 30 minutes after this one ends, anyway). Talk about coincidence!

I learned this because after the meeting I did go to, my sponsee saw that I was driving the Jeep and commented that The Leopard must have alternate transportation. I don't care if she asked someone to drive her or if she's bought something else.

I am a little saddened though, as I had saved my ten year chip (it's not an ordinary bronze medallion like most) to present to her on this day. I guess I'll have to find someone worthy to present it to.

Oh, well.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2353407 04/12/10 10:27 PM
_
_
Fred, I'm sure you will come across somebody more deserving someday. Unfortunately, if the Leopard continues the way she is, she will probably be needing a 30 day chip again first anyway. Do what you think is best with the coin. Maybe keep it a few years and give to your sponsee.

-SOL
_SOL #2353417 04/12/10 10:42 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by SickofLimbo
Do what you think is best with the coin. Maybe keep it a few years and give to your sponsee.
That was the first idea that crossed my mind!

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2353623 04/13/10 11:19 AM
C
C
Fred,

You are doing so well. It does get a little sad at times but that quickly passes. You are doing better than I was doing at that stage of the game.

Different story now though. I told someone yesterday that I could see myself sending XWH a thank-you note by the end of the year.

Of course, that's today.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
ChaiLover #2353757 04/13/10 01:26 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I ordered the new license plates today.

After spending $28.50 to have the vehicle emissions inspected, the ordering process now decided not to require it.

Still, it's money well-spent, if you ask me.

It will take up to four weeks to get them, though.

I might have sold the beast by then.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2355467 04/15/10 05:13 PM
S
S
You know we'll want a picture of the plates on there when the time comes.......

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by stillcommitted
You know we'll want a picture of the plates on there when the time comes.......
I received the registration with decals on Friday. Now all that's missing are the plates.

I drove the Jeep 200 miles on Friday to run a half marathon on Saturday. I did surprisingly well, considering I haven't done much training! Then another 200 miles back. I guess you could say I was driven to run!

Here's an update that caused me to raise my eyebrows:

My cousin, who is a very "normal" woman (married forever, kids, churchgoer, etc.) sent me a note on Facebook. Here, editing only identifying information it is:

I thought I'd tell you of a lady here in ********* who is on Facebook. Her name is ****** **********. She is a widow. She is funny, but been through a lot. As we all have by our 50"s. I thought you should look her up.
OK, I respect my cousin's opinion, so I looked up this woman's profile. Because I'm not her "friend," there isn't much revealed, but she's an attractive woman, judging by her photo.

Now, here's the wrinkle: My cousin lives almost 600 miles away. It's not like she's going to invite me over for dinner, and I'm certainly not going to "friend" someone on Facebook based on a single comment by someone else, so what gives?

I'm guessing my cousin is trying to be helpful, but I really don't see how this goes anywhere. Am I being dense? Can someone tell me if I'm missing something obvious here?

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2357010 04/18/10 05:35 PM
O
O
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something obvious here?

Oh, Oh!! Me, me! I can! I can tell you if you're missing something obvious!!

Fred. You are an awesome individual who has learned so much from the last several months of reading and writing and experiencing. You had a lot to offer before and you have even more to offer now. You don't need Facebook to meet an awesome woman. Just keep being yourself, do what interests you and good things will happen.
Isn't it obvious??
smile

~opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
optimism #2357044 04/18/10 07:03 PM
C
C
Fred,

When you get D'd, for some reason all of your friends and family members think they need to "fix you up." I have a friend about 6 hours away who is trying to do the same thing.

Everyone wants to be a matchmaker....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Page 53 of 57 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation