Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
OP Offline
V
...serious!

I mean he had the best INTENTIONS! He was doing the best he could for the German people (except the jews, gypsies and handicapped, of course).

He loved his country so much he just wanted it to be better.

He was so misunderstood.

Sure he made a few mistakes (*cough* gas chamber *cough*) but everyone slips up. No one is perfect.

He was really fun! I mean Eva would just get so dolled up and excited whenever he came around. She was such a swell gal - she wouldn't hook up with a loser.

He was smart, and a great speaker. The German people just loved him.

You all are just bitter and angry and mean and can't get over a few SMALL mistakes (ahem, holocaust). You just wanna kick people when they're down (you know, like in a ditch covered in gasoline, on fire.)

I'm LEAVING!

Seriously, if actions don't define a person as good or bad, then what does?

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
L
L
I'm so lost.

2nd day in a row, I am slipping

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
I'm LEAVING!

The "good-bye cruel world" speeches are really fun.
dramaqueen

V
OP Offline
V
Sorry lil. There are a couple WWs in SAA getting their knickers in a twist being called on their bad behavior, insisting that they're not 'bad' people - they just made mistakes, again, and again, and again.....oh, and again.....oh poor me... waaaaahhhh

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
L
L
Oh!
Gotcha. I haven't really been reading those threads. I might mosey along and have a lookee

M
M

y'all are soo judgemental! and throwing stones and whatnot and who are you to judge??? I am just human!! dramaqueen

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Vibrassa must be a TEXAN. She said "y'all" and she has common sense. think

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Dude, I say y'all and according to you I'm a 'furriner' laugh

V
OP Offline
V
Course I'm a Texan! Born and raised!

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
F
F
Texans are really just dispossessed Virginians.

wink

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

wink

Say what?? You are practically a YANKEE!! MrRollieEyes

Lil, the last I checked, your silly foreign country was NORTH OF THE RED RIVER! case closed! foreigners! sigh

Exposure 101

I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

That, and no one knew what the heck she was saying at first...

M
M
Originally Posted by ImStaying

carpetbagger! skeptical

Exposure 101

V
OP Offline
V

Meh... I'm used to it - no one ever gets what I'm sayin' grin

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
M
M
Originally Posted by Vibrissa

Meh... I'm used to it - no one ever gets what I'm sayin' grin

He's a yankeeboy, Vibrissa! nuf said.. sigh

Exposure 101

F
F
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

wink

Say what?? You are practically a YANKEE!! MrRollieEyes
Hah! All y'all just come to Virginny and see if'n you c'n understand the lingo!

We've got accents here so thick (not to mention more presidential birthplaces -- of REAL presidents, no less) that yore puny li'l Texican swagger would drown tryin' to git through 'em.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
Vibrissa, I'm asking, would you please refrain from joking about genocide? I see I was the only one offended, but still....

Just sayin', you're a bright lady and there are lot of other ways to get your point across.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
K
K
NED - I witnessed the remains of the Holocaust in person. I walked through Auschwitz with my music mentor, who's mother and sister were held there and one died in the gas chambers.

Frankly, this didn't offend me. Because people rationalize evil. The Germans did. When I studied European History with my son and we went through that part of history, I gained the perspective that Vibrissa shared here.

People blind themselves to evil ALL THE TIME. That's why this web site exists. I don't see her share as a joke. I saw her approach as letting everyone know that while there are people in this world who will shout "AMEN" at her share in all seriousness, her manner let us know that she's dead serious about moral blindness. Only pointing out that there are blind people justifying evil on this board. Today. Yesterday. And likely tomorrow.

And the humor that follows - it follows from pain. Very real. At the holocaust that infidelity has run through our lives. We may not have been rounded up by our waywards and put on trains and hauled out of fantasyland by our wayward spouses, but our lives will never be the same. We cannot take a click on a website, or a cell phone call from an unknown number, or a strange fragrance from a meeting your spouse just returned from - for granted again.

For some, their fortunes are stolen and squandered, leaving the betrayed spouses to ruin. Just look at some of the stories - like Holyheart or Chailover who's husbands have left them financially destitute and still tried to milk more out of them.

Sometimes the truth of the pain here is a bit too close to history. Yes, they're still alive, unlike the victims of THE Holocaust; but they've been burned in court, have had their children turned over to harlots and slimebuckets and had judges force these children to comply...

Too many similarities. Too much pain. Nobody's mocking the Holocaust with comparisons and nobody's joking about the crimes. They have to use humor to those idiots who actually believe the drivel that "the wayward and their partner in crime" are really good people....

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
K
K
Oh - and "genocide" - don't get me started on genocide of morality, okay?

N
N
hurray

That was beautifully put K!!!!!... kiss

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation