Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 39 1 2 35 36 37 38 39
T
T
All I have to say johnstwin, is that you are so right, and so on.

Yes, there are so many contradictions between the old and the new testament.

Yet, I think Christ made it clear that in His mission that he understood these contradictions in His talk with His followers just before he ascended into heavean, and left them with his admonition and love, He told them .."I give you a new commandment. "Love one another as I have loved you". Johnstwin, I cannot reference from the scripture where that can be found. It was in the gospel yesterday (Sat.evening Mass) today in the church of my faith. Christ has permission from the Father to convey to us the Father's reconsilitation between the old and new testaments. He gave His Son the authority to impose on us that new commandemt, and that commandemt is what we will all be judged by when we, at our death, do face Jesus face to face.

"Love one another" is up to each individual's interpretation, and, obviously free will. How we exercise that free will, in terms of loving a WS, or some fellow or woman in dire need of help who we do not even know, or just a friend in need of support and comfort, is our choice. It hurts sometimes alot. God understands that. But, I do believe He wants us to learn that by loving each other we will be so consumed in His love that none of us can even fathom that. Bingo, I would just ask you to think about this.

I know this is like abit heavy and not even technical per MB principles, but I just honestly say that I felt called upon to say this.

As ever,

Tom

T
T
I need to clarify.

When I reference the old and new testaments, and Christ, I am speaking from the standpoint of what I am familiar with and my own faith. I so realize that there are many other faiths to be respected.

I just know from my experience that some form of "love one another" can be found in all faiths.

Thanks,

Tom

S
S
Tom2010...for someone who wants this thread locked and feels the need to hurt peoples feelings and insult the moderators for that purpose....you read and post on it, how does that work? just wondering...you would think you wouldnt even read it, it must be interesting for you to read, no?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It's not easy tom to fathom how you would love someone in any way that had violated your Gods teachings . It seems odd that one of the ten commandments states something about not coveting yet at the same time one is supposed to love that very person .
They do say never bring politics or religeon into conversation with strangers . Perhaps that is best.
I am also intreagued as to why you wish to post here when you openly (apparently) accused stillhere and I of having sone sort of online transcontinental affair ??

S
S
Originally Posted by bingo
It's not easy tom to fathom how you would love someone in any way that had violated your Gods teachings . It seems odd that one of the ten commandments states something about not coveting yet at the same time one is supposed to love that very person .
They do say never bring politics or religeon into conversation with strangers . Perhaps that is best.
I am also intreagued as to why you wish to post here when you openly (apparently) accused stillhere and I of having sone sort of online transcontinental affair ??

flirt By the way, did you miss me bingo....I looked up Tom2010 posts, because I was curious about him after what he accused me of....He posts an awful lot about your thread bingo, he seems a little obsessed with your thread. He also posted saying he wasnt gonna post here anymore, on the forum...I wished he had followed through with that, then feeling would not have been hurt, oh well.

See ya bingo kiss Lets give Tom something to talk about. smirk

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Course I missed you stillhere !
You have made a great deal of sense of what has happened to us .
I don't care who posts , as long as it's helpful !
Maybe toms obsession needs to be brought out into the open?
Why the interest tom ?

M
M
Course I missed you stillhere !
You have made a great deal of sense of what has happened to us .
I don't care who posts , as long as it's helpful !
Maybe toms obsession needs to be brought out into the open?
Why the interest tom ?

Whether Tom knows it or not...

His "interest" is likely due to triggers associated with his wife's bi-polar manic depression. He doesn't like you but may not even know why.

[Tom - I am not a licensed psychiatrist but from Bingo's postings here on MB and the fact he told us he was diagnosed bi-polar years ago...my belief is that Bingo is an unmedicated manic-depressive individual in a typical manic cycle denial that you may or may not have seen over the years as male manic-depressives often manifest much different than female bi-polars]

When you live with unmedicated bi-polar family members for years as Tom and my wife have you kind of get a sixth sense about it. I know my wife can spot a full-blown manic person instantaneously by just looking in their eyes or by their smell. She is immediately agitated and uncomfortable. Here on MB, it takes a little longer to realize exactly what's bugging you about a poster until it clicks. If you read back to the beginning of this thread...you'll see...it didn't take us long to figure this one out.

Stillhere...don't sweat the accusation. There is not a lot of reality on this thread to begin with and no one here, other than Tom as far as I can tell, really thinks you have done ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE WHATSOEVER. Tom's "accusation" was from left field but perhaps the above explains it a bit.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
S
S
Yeah, thanks Mr Wondering...I dont know why it bothered me so much, It felt like a punch in the stomach....I kept wondering if Tom was seeing sumthin that I was doin that I didnt realize...but I reread all my posts and didnt see what he saw as an "online affair"...I know I can get carried away with babbling, but it never even crossed my mind, what Tom said...

I was talking about a sensitive subject, with me, something I am very passionate about and Toms post came at the same time I was posting. Maybe it just was the timing of Tom's accusation? I feel like I opened up too much to a stranger and I dont think I will ever do that again. But I hope I helped bingos wife in doin that.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
This again . Please dr, tom , whomever else . I have been to see an eminent quack about my supposed condition ( in your minds) and been given the all clear ! I appreciate the concern, I really do, but I am not bi-polar . I truly am not . I have a grieving problem and a mild form of OCD for which I a now medicated very sucessfully and that is that . I saw one person at promises that diagnosed bi-polar and apart from that one time , have never been diagnosed again similarly .
Could we please leave that now ..... I'm doing great .
Cheers .

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh, and it's possibly like gay-dar . You may get it wrong once in a while and truly offend . Nuff said !

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And yes stillhere you did help, more than you will ever know . Truly life changing for us ..... I really mean that .
Seeing the wood from the trees, they call it here in the uk .

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Dya wanna know my meds dr wondering so that you can check wiki and diagnose another illness ?

S
S
And yes stillhere you did help, more than you will ever know . Truly life changing for us ..... I really mean that .
Seeing the wood from the trees, they call it here in the uk .

Then it was all worth it. smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It was ! I wrote delicately to my wife askbg her to accept my support for what had happened .
The reason I wrote is because whenever the discussion came up about our past it was too painful for both of us to calmly endure .
The response I got was truly remarkeable . Like a weight had been lifted from us . Like our angst had been removed, a deeper understanding had been formed .
Her reply is in the making, but I know in my heart it will only serve to deepen our love .
Someone very early on in this thread said that this could only ever be tackled one step at a time . How true !
I feel a sense of calm, as does mr good lady, that we have not felt fir a very long time .
I offer my sincere thanks to stillhere and all who sailed with us on this ship .
X

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Sorry about the spelling, I am trying to do this mobile !

M
M
This again . Please dr, tom , whomever else . I have been to see an eminent quack about my supposed condition ( in your minds) and been given the all clear ! I appreciate the concern, I really do, but I am not bi-polar . I truly am not . I have a grieving problem and a mild form of OCD for which I a now medicated very sucessfully and that is that . I saw one person at promises that diagnosed bi-polar and apart from that one time , have never been diagnosed again similarly .
Could we please leave that now ..... I'm doing great .
Cheers .

skeptical

Riiiiiiiiiiight...Miraculously, those "episodes" of "great highs and lows" that you posted about previously have been completely cured. Super!

Your posts from 1/08/10:

Originally Posted by bingo Post #2301570
I was diagnosed bi-polar and do have great highs and lows which I hid quite well for a while from my wife. I have avoided medication but agree that for continued happiness for both of us it may be required. I come from a long line of them thus my father taking his own life.

and...

Originally Posted by bingo Post #2301575
that said. I have had a lifetime of that and more recently as my marriage has improved, the episodes have lessened.

I've heard it all many times before...

"The original diagnosis was made by a QUACK!"

"That old "quack" diagnosis has been made null and void by a different and [NATURALLY] more qualified doctor!"

"It was NEVER Bipolar Disorder, it was ONLY a drinking problem!"

"Going to church is THE answer!"

And on and on and on and on...All part of a very cunning and cruel mental illness...

Very sad...

Mrs. W

P.S. Stillhere, remember that bingo's "wife" is an OW...

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Mrs. Wondering, I know...but I was trying to separate the sexual assault thing that she had been through, past and present. No one deserves that and I know how it can affect people. It just hurt me that she was blaming herself, I felt compelled to say something. I just couldnt help myself.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
About the second post of yours regarding your Bipolar Disorder - It's true that environment can play a role in lessening or worsening the episodes, but the lessening doesn't come without medication specifically for Bipolar Disorder - Without medication, the episodes get increasingly worse with age...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Mrs. Wondering, I know...but I was trying to separate the sexual assault thing that she had been through, past and present. No one deserves that and I know how it can affect people. It just hurt me that she was blaming herself, I felt compelled to say something. I just couldnt help myself.

You're a very sweet person, Still...I agree with you, no one deserves sexual assault...

I am just skeptical of anything bingo has reported here, with the exception of his admission of his original diagnosis...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mrs w . Firstly , you don't know what I do for a living. Secondly, have you done suicide, misscarriage, divorce, 4.5 children, addiction, ambition etcetcetc ?
You know nothing about me except what I have posted here . It is truly dangerous to diagnose with a snap shot !!!
Ask me questions I will not lie . Then, and only then will I give you creadence !

Page 37 of 39 1 2 35 36 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation