Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C
Originally Posted by MargieLoll
Can you install 2 different loggers on? Is there any hindrance or benefit of this?

Eblaster and SpectorPro work well together on the same computer.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
M
M
Thanks.

Anyone have advice about installs for a non-smart phone?

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
C
C
What are you trying to install? GPS tracking? Text intercepting?

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
H
H
I was able to get the software on my computer and go through the steps, but something is still not right. It has not moved into the phone because I can't find it under the applications. I'm missing something..not sure what. Could someone be more specific about the last few steps?

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
H
I think I downloaded the install file...is there a faster way? I bought the Boost phone as recommended.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
C
C
Hope:

This is the page that has the instructions I followed for the i355 phone:

http://www.instamapper.com/diy.html

It worked perfectly.

H
H
Did you use the sprint thing or download from computer? I found the application on my phone and got it, but when I go to instamapper...it says no data available. Is there something I should be paying for? The only money I have spent is the phone with $5 on it.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Did you use the sprint thing or download from computer? I found the application on my phone and got it, but when I go to instamapper...it says no data available. Is there something I should be paying for? The only money I have spent is the phone with $5 on it.

hope, did you set up your instamapper account and get an activation code? It looks like you have to do that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I did and I found the icon for the tracker, but it is showing a coffee cup with arrow going up. I clicked on it, but it asked me if I wanted to end application or something like that....it's not asking me for that code.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
H
Ok, I got it to work...thanks for the help. It would appear that I didn't have full service when I downloaded everything. Now, my $5 will run out soon. Do I just go to boost to add time?

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
H
The only problem is when I go to instamapper, it still shows no data? Does it take a little bit to get going? Or should I see location immediately?

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
H
Ok, I had to go outside to get things going. It's working now....so cool. I wish I could have had this from the beginning...it would have save alot of money.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Ok, I had to go outside to get things going. It's working now....so cool. I wish I could have had this from the beginning...it would have save alot of money.

SWEET! Now, how can you slip that in his car without him seeing it? Did you put it on MUTE like Jim suggested?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I did put it on mute. I thought that if he does come back for one reason or another...I'll try. I don't have a key to car, so it won't be easy, but I'll try.

I guess I just leave the tracker up on the phone? I'm going to charge it fully be the end of today.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
C
C
hope:

Glad you got it going. It really is a great tool.

As far as the money, $5.00 will run the phone for about two weeks @ .35 per day. To add time, go to any Sprint store. Most have Kiosks where you can put cash in, enter your phone number and your account gets credited. A $20.00 bill should keep you running for 2 months.

Also, look around on that Instamapper site. You can enter a code, somethhing like #157# and get to a menu that allows you to set instamapper to run automatically when the phone turns on as well as preventing instamapper from shutting down on the phone. I did both of those things. All I do is turn the phone on and in a few minutes, after locking onto the GPS satellites, it just runs.

My WW is at the bar now.... nice place to spend Mother's Day while the kids are home with me, huh?

Last edited by CrushedJim; 05/09/10 08:00 PM.

M
M
No one knows anything about keylogging a Motorola QA30? (non iPhone) help?

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
M
M
Another option that has been mentioned on the SPYING 101 thread is a GPS tracker that logs information. They are worth mentioning again. They have gotten smaller and more affordable. Make note that they are not real time though. You place the unit in the car or under the car, or somewhere that it will not be seen. The tracker will start logging date and location and length of stops. At an opportune time you remove it, connect it to your computer and use the software that comes with it to see where the car has been.

I have found, as have others, that a good one is the LandAirSea GPS Tracker Key

There's also a pro model that has a few other options(on/off switch, UBS female port instead of usb male port). Both work with Google Earth. Both have a good magnet that keep it in place.

Based on the basic unit, after the initial installation of batteries and the vehicle has been tracked for the desired time, take the unit off and bring it in to your computer.

Basically:
Install Google Earth
Install software CD
Make sure unit has batteries in it and green light is on
Insert into USB port
Double click icon(software you just installed)
From toolbar on top of screen click second button from left.
A box will open up, check FIND UNIT and then DOWNLOAD
Save the log to file.
A new box will open named ACTION
Select Google Earth then OPEN

Google Earth will open up on screen and you will be able to see the routes taken in green. On the left of the screen you will see a box of LAYERS, you will probably want to make sure that STREET VIEW and ROADS are checked.

You can use the map that comes with the software, but I preferred Google Earth for it's ability to go street level and to do panoramic views at that level.

The only warning I have is that the software that reads the logged data is not a stealth software. It will be seen in PROGRAMS and in its installed location. If your WS will see it and question it, you will need to use a remote computer that they don't have access to.

You will need to replace batteries every so often. Based on a 2 hour travel time per day, it's supposed to run for 2 weeks. According to the PRO model, it can go for 80 hours. That's also based on 2 hour travel time per day.

Last edited by MicheleG; 05/10/10 03:51 PM.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
C
C
I have the TrackingKey model. $200 and works great. Nothing beats real-time though.

M
M
One method may not work for everyone. So all options need to be explained to the newbies. I'm all for whatever works for each individual.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
C
C
Anne just added this to her thread. Good info about VARs in cars.

Originally Posted by anne505
On a positive note, I purchased a noise cancellation microphone for the VAR and it works WONDERS on getting rid of the background noise you get when recording in a car!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ian T, 1 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation