Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
P
BUMP

R
R
You can download an app for your phone from SpoofCard whic will allow you to dial right into a person's voice mail without the phone even ringing. You basically can tell the system what number you want to show up on the caller id; if you are going to do the voice mail trick then just use the same number you are calling.

This is ultimately how I discovered the EA had been going on. I saw the long conversation and a strange number then called the number using SpoofCard. Voila...VM says you have reached OW.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
False recovery b4 I knew about MB 07/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

P
P
BUMP

V
V
You can record all the calls going on through the home phone by getting a digital voice recorder and a telephone recording adapter.

The telephone recording adapter converts the phone line into a microphone plug. Be sure you get an adapter which can plug into a telephone wall port (some need to be attached to the actual phone handset). Radio Shack has one here: Telephone Adapter

Plug the phone end into the wall and the mic end into your digital voice activated recorder. Now everytime the phone is used it will be recorded.

FYI: It's probably illegal in all states to record a conversation where neither party knows they're being recorded. You need to be vary careful about what you do with these recordings. Don't tell a judge or lawyer that you have phone recordings of these conversations.

V
V
The disadvantage of using a normal Ma Bell home phone is that you don't have much control over it. It may be difficult or impossible to get call logs or block certain numbers. You may want to look into getting a VOIP internet phone.

A VOIP phone doesn't act much differently than your home phone. You plug a special box into your high speed internet and plug your phone into it. You now have phone service that goes across the internet instead of the traditional two copper wires.

The big difference is that the VOIP providers give you tons of control over your phone. You can log in and see detailed call records. You can easily block incomming calls. You can have calls autofowarded. When the OM or OW calls the house, why not route the call to your cell phone? Won't they be surprised when you answer?

The big VOIP provider is Vonage. They're good, but you can find many smaller, cheaper providers which are just as good. I use Phone Power and have never had a problem.

You can port your existing number to VOIP or get a new one.

Last edited by Vity; 09/03/10 01:18 PM.
M
M
I still haven't figured out a way to monitor my WH's cell phone...
He has an iPhone 3G but updated with 4.0 software. The problem is there is no way to jailbreak it- according to flexispy.
Any other ideas? I would like to verify/check his text messages especially with the tiger-text thing out to help wayward hide text messages.
At this point I see the texts of the phone bill but I am not sure if there is a way to bypass that.

Me:BW 34yo
FWH: 36yo
Married:11 years
Together:16 years (dated through college years)
3 Children: 8, 7, 2
EA 10/2009 PA began 12/09 lasted until 4/10
EA Discovery 1/10 & PA Discovery 4/10
What I thought was "no-contact" in 1/10 was a FR
Last known contact June 2010
Believe we are finally in firm no-contact and working on recovering.
H
H
If you need to look on a person i.e. possible OP's private Facebook or Myspace page to check for wall posts from your WS, then you just have to do a little social engineering. Here's the process I used.

Find one of their friends on there that has a pretty basic semi-public profile with not much activity. Old high school friends are best, especially if the OP doesn't live where he grew up. We'll call this person the decoy.

Copy the decoy's profile picture to your comp. If they have a file of public profile pictures, then even better.

Make a new email acct using hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc, that is obviously the decoy's name. ex. jon.e.doe@yahoo.com

Use that email to start a new Facebook acct with the exact same name as the decoy.

Put up their same profile pic and maybe even fill the profile pic folder with the pics you copied from the decoy's profile.

Start copying everything you can from the original decoy's profile to your new decoy profile. Activities, Hobbies, Books, Movies, etc. Make sure you Like the same pages. ex. Sports teams and local businesses.

Open up the target OP's profile in another window and open his friends list. Start sending friend requests to people from the same high school as your decoy and target. Send a personal message with the friend request such as " Damn iphone deleted my friends list". Give this a few days for get a good number of people to respond.

When you have as many mutual friends as you can easily get, then send a friend request to the target with the same phony message and hope they bite.

Most people that use FB or MS a lot don't really think about a friend request like that. Phones deleting friends list actually does happen. Hopefully, they are duped and bite.

Now you have access to viewing their wall posts and status updates.

A warning, don't get chatty on there with anyone while using the decoy profile. Silence is best. " Oh well he's probably too busy to respond to my hello message" If someone suspects and looks at their own friends list and sees that there are duplicate people on there then the jig is up.

Don't be tempted to post a blasting exposure message on the OP's page. This is a tool you now have. It will only work once. Keep it secret and keep it safe.

BH - 29 (me)
WW - 29
Married 12/27/01
2 boys ages 5 and 3
D-Day - (EA)8/21/2010
NC sent Oct 19
WW deployed until Dec 2010
Status -Recovery?
R
R
Finally setting out to prove what I already know. Thank you all for the valuable info. You are all so smart! AFS that FB idea is genius!!

Married 10 years

his:
DD 32, 29, 28
mine:
DS 18, DD 15
ours:
DS 8, DD 5
V
V
I don't think creating a fake FB profile of a real person is a wise thing. People may notice that they have two friends called "John Webster" and send notes asking what's up. Also, it may be fraud to impersonate another person like that.

What may be safer is to create a profile with a fake name and the same high school. Then go through the Friend Finder high school listing and friend as many of those people from the same class year as possible. Once you have a good number of those people, start going after the friends of the OP. Once you have those people, friend the OP. It might not work as well as duplicating a profile of the decoy, but it's not as illegal.

K
kar Offline
K
To find family info go to the following sites

peekyou.com
peoplesmart.com

Easy to look up info and cross reference to get family members information.

Good luck. It just helped me find OW parents & siblings and it is FREE.

Last edited by kar; 10/21/10 03:53 PM.

BW (Me) age 41
WH age 40
kids 9 & 3
DD PA Skank #1 2/07
DD PA Skank #2 9/29/10
DD EA Skank #3 3/11 (occurred in '08)not sure if it was PA
Plan A- presently 9/2/11
Plan D- filed 12/20/11, served 12/24/11, 9/2/11 on hold, 12/1/11 cancelled
1/5/2011 WH tells me he is not 100% sure his relationship with OW would work.
7/21/2011 WH moves back home
11/7/2011 WH still foggy in ref to SK#3
Plan D- 1/2012 refiled
H
H
Like the FB profile idea but it might be illegal or the most you could get thrown off from FB.

Another good search is pipl.com That was a good one for me.

I have some good alternate sleuthing ideas but can't post them here because of possibility of someone reading my thread (OP).

Let me know if you need additinal info.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
OP Offline
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I just added this to someones thread but figured I should post it here. You can delete anyones password on their computer as long as you have physical access to it by creating a bootable CD with an ISO file you can Download form this site http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

The only problem is once you delete the password, it can not be recovered and your hubby/wife will know right away the next time they use it what was done. However .. it will grant you access to a locked out computer by allowing you to delete any and all passwords on anyones account associated with that PC. This works for all NT based computer operating systems(winxp, win vista, win 7) The OTHER downside is if there is any files on it that are encrypted they will no longer (or ever) be accesable. BUT it may help in a dire situation or even if you just lost your password yourself and want back into your PC.

Just Download the ISO file from the link i gave and burn it onto a CD/DVD R and then boot the machine you want to erase passwords on wit hteh CD/DVD in the drive and follow the instructions. The website gives great detail on how to navigate the SHELL prompt menu after startup of the CD.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

CHeers.

S
S
iPhone security error ~ a way to get into the phone application if the phone is password locked. Won't be fixed until the 4.2 update comes out.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971104

"The security flaw revolves around the emergency call screen. When locked, an iPhone will allow emergency calls, however entering a non-emergency number and pressing send leaves the iPhone open to the security vulnerability. By simply pressing the sleep button immediately after pressing the emergency call button the iPhone is unlocked and inside the Phone application. Contacts, Recents, Favorites, Keypad and Voicemail are all accessible after entering the locked iPhone with this button sequence."

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Bumping for Trueser.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

D
D
How good is Boost Mobile with InstaMapper account. I'm using Loopt from MetroPCS and it doesn't update for hours, sometime days, it sux. I need an opinion ASAP. I think my WW is cheating again. I'm using GPS based TrackStick but the info is not instantaneous.

Thanks

Last edited by dgtal; 11/24/10 02:42 AM.
M
M
View Skype Conversation (IM style.) Has date of each "IM" between to two. Unless has been deleted.

S
S
Originally Posted by ElCamino72
IMO, the easiest tool to perform a MitM attack is Cain & Abel: http://www.oxid.it. There are more advanced tools (I use others professionally) but this one is free, very versatile, relatively easy to use and runs under Windows.

--ElCamino72

Would this software be able to grab info. from an iphone that uses a shared wifi signal while in the home? Thank you for your help!!

D
D
INSTAMAPPER site is down frown just when I finished my setup

D
D
I guess I'm going into the AccuTracking service. Is somebody here using it?

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation