Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
OP Offline
K
I thought it would just be good because it was memorable, but awesome too? Oh, you guys... blush

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
L
On the day FWH moved out of our home and my Plan B was about to begin...

"You have OW to thank for me moving out, I didn't want to but she made me see it was the right thing to do."

OW was such a lovely thoughtful person, she always had my best interest at heart...NOT!!

Me BW
Him FWH
In recovery since July 2009
S
S
Okay, I just got a text from WH.....this isnt the one but it made me think to start looking at his old text....I am sure I will find a few...

heres one...."I wish WE didnt fail him(DS)...We can make it as best as we can for him, but you refuse to act like an adult"

This was his response to me refusing to PRETEND we were a family while he was seeing OW. I apparantly wasnt acting like an ADULT...you know like he did by cheating, lying, sneaking around and leaving his family.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Oh and the unapologetic apologies are my favorite....

"I am sorry for the way things happened"

Yeah, because "the way things happened" did this to our family not YOU

Here is another apology....

"I am sorry about the things that happened that MADE things the way they are now."

HuH?!!!!! Oh, you mean you are sorry that you cheated and left your family for another woman? Why dont you just say that then?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Heres one that will definitly give me away if WH reads this but its pretty funny....

"I went to a psychic and she said our family was cursed by the evil eye, so there is no hope for this family. This is just the way its supposed to be for us."

WHHHAAAAT?! Okay this jerk talked to everyone but me about OUR marriage...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
A psychic? Now that's classic!

S
S
Today my WH texted me wondering when I was going to get a part time job because he needs a car...(which he wouldnt need if not for the A.) He said "give me a break will you I am paying for everything...My condo, my electric, my heat, now I need a car and I am paying for all your stuff too."

Yeah, Ill give him a break, like he gave me and DS one. I told him.....divorce me and I will get a part time job. I dont want a divorce but I know that you do. So do it. I guess he didnt anticipate how expensive it is to live two lives. His decision, not mine.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by schtoop
A psychic? Now that's classic!

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he said that to me, really.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

A
A
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
"I went to a psychic and she said our family was cursed by the evil eye,

Yeah, my wife went to a psychic, too. She tape recorded the reading which was just a bunch of jibberish. The psychic started out by talking about how chaotic moving can be (we weren't planning on moving) then went on and on about strawberry ice cream.
From this, my wife deduced that the psychic was telling her to get a divorce.

All that for only 20 bucks.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Feb 09 - PA #1 (w/married alcoholic)
Apr 09 - Started recovery, thought things were going well until...
Jan 10 - PA #2 (w/different guy on Facebook)
Dec 10 - Divorced
Now - very happy; no regrets
S
S
Now I am starting to ramble Karma, but you dont hafta put this stuff down, I am just aggravated right now....

He just texted me back saying "Now I have to take money out of the 401k to pay for my car(the one he wouldnt need except for his "new life") because you refuse to get a part time job."

Okay I see it this way "You hafta take money out of the 401K to pay for your lying, selfish new life with your mistress (who has a full time job at a good company and lives at home with her mother) Have her pay for your car!!!!!!"

Okay, sorry, I am just a little ticked off right now....Thanks for listening guys. Even if no one is listening.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by arkhawk1

Yeah, my wife went to a psychic, too. She tape recorded the reading which was just a bunch of jibberish. The psychic started out by talking about how chaotic moving can be (we weren't planning on moving) then went on and on about strawberry ice cream.

Omg, I think she topped my WH for idiocy!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
N
Originally Posted by arkhawk1

Omg, I think she topped my WH for idiocy!

Whew! $20 bucks to change your life, eh? How do I get this psychic all the way up here to Canuck Land to tell WH he's messing with fire, being with OW? (And then maybe something about buying me strawberry ice cream...I could live with that....)

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
S
grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

K
OP Offline
K
I put up two new ones, and I'll be putting up more. You guys are...wow. My jaw is just STAYING dropped...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

T
T
still, are you saying WH wants YOU to buy him a car????

Sorry, didn't mean to t/j, but OMG.

I would put up some of the dumb stuff I said, but I'm too horrified.

Of course, the translation of all these phrases are: I am a selfish idiot who cares more about what feels good between my legs than what IS right in front of my that I promised to protect.

K
OP Offline
K
Lurioosi, do you have any for me?

If it makes you uncomfortable that would be fine, you don't have to.

A
A
"There is no one else, I just need some space to think about things" (and he moved out two days later).

"I just can't be who I really am in this marriage"

"I've always felt my life would be short and I want to live it to the fullest while I can"

I don't love you and I haven't for...(insert the amount of time here). With my WH the length of time always varied. First he said the past year, then it was the past two years, then it went to the past 6-7 years (which is our whole marriage!).

"Marriage Counseling would never work because too much has happened and you would never trust me again" (while still denyin A!).
My goshh, are you married to my H? My WH said the same same same things...incredible!

atena
atena #2371084 05/10/10 01:46 PM
A
A
I read statistics that say that in the States 50% of marriages end in D.
So, since I truly believe that if a M ends in D 99% of the time this is due to an A, I have to live with the fact that, when I meet any 2 people, one of them is either
--already D and has therefore used one or even more of the wonderful and uplifting phrases we posted on this thread
--will at one point have an A and use one of these wonderful sentences on the poor BS
--is currently in an A and has already told a few of these wonderful sentences to his-her BS

Wow, could this be true. If the statistics are correct it must be...
scary
blessing

atena
atena #2371085 05/10/10 01:48 PM
T
T
to BH: I had to talk to the OM again because I need him to forgive me.

(after I had come in from seeing the OM and saying I was shopping and getting a haircut) I am the one who takes care of these kids 99 percent of the time, and you're complaining because I took too long to get a haricut? Unbelievable! (I used the reverse guilt thing a lot)

This one is the one that makes me sick - from when EA went PA - to the OM: I want you to know I didn't do this just to get back at my H. I wanted to be with you.

Both odious and vomitous

atena #2371086 05/10/10 01:49 PM
C
C
The XWH of a friend of mine told her that he only had 8 years to be happy because all the men in his family died by age 60 (he left when he was 52 and M the OW).

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation