Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
P
P
Depends on said wayward's own choices.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
If you see personal attacks - you are free to report them.

I agree, hence my statement, that I don't see this as attacks on me.

I have seen JustUss take over posts and close them when it did become too personal.

Bh-me-45
xWW- 45
Married 15years, together for 20
served D papers on 6/2/09
Divorce final 12/19/2010

Custody of our 3 kids
DD 12
DS 10
DD 7

P
P
I detect a little "last word" syndrome here. whistle

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I detect a little "last word" syndrome here. whistle

Not sure what you mean by this? Im not going anywhere that I know of.

I really don't hold any animosity towards any of you. I started reading Joey's post, and before I could get back in to post ( as I said it can be a week between my posts) it was decided he was a boy and would probably never do the right thing.

I plan on being here for a long time. I learn a lot every day that I can spend the time online. I have tried to reply to each post. If I missed a few I apologise. go ahead and keep posting. I will be off-line until tomorrow pretty soon, but you are always welcome to reply.

Bh-me-45
xWW- 45
Married 15years, together for 20
served D papers on 6/2/09
Divorce final 12/19/2010

Custody of our 3 kids
DD 12
DS 10
DD 7

P
P
Oh nevermind... just making a funny.

S
S
Oo Oo...I want the last word...PM and Pep are magical too, sorry I forgot you guys...I am sure there more I forgot. grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Oooo and I have a rant...I hate when I get suckered into a thread that goes around and around and around crazy..But I have no one to blame but myself, so there. stickout

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

H
H
PM

haha I have last word!!! Waited for all the rants to die out on this! I am king of the hill.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
N
N
Of the few waywards that make here that post, the ones who are TRULY seeking help and want to change, those are the ones who muddle through and end up staying and DO change. The ones who don't are one who aren't ready.....and no amount of 2x4's is going to change that.....

If you think board members are hard on waywards today, well
you should have seen it when I first got here.....those waywards had to deal with MEDC...... rotflmao

F
F
Lets get back to marriage building and leave the critiques of other posters to the moderators. If you have an issue with another poster, please notify the moderator rather than attempt to straighten them out yourself. That is our job, not yours!

P
P
Word. smile

S
S
[Linked Image from pic4ever.com] We got in trouble...Sorry Fireproof.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
[Linked Image from easyfreesmileys.com]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Ahem...My ears have been burning slap dab OFF today - Now I know why...I'll say only this, as I see Fireproof has spoken...

Staying here was MY CHOICE, and mine alone...I wanted help, and I got it, even though some of the help I initially received I didn't recognize as help until later...I will forever be grateful for the help and advice of those who offered it to me - and I am grateful that *I chose* to listen and stay...

Anyway, now for a rant of my own...It breaks my heart to see MB applied in the wrong way...

1stepforward, you said:

Originally Posted by 1stepforward
When I came here I showed my wife the site, we did the questionairs. And found out some things we never really knew about each other. We even drew up a poja. My wife did not want to post our sitch, or attend counseling, so with the POJA, we didn't. I worked plan A till June. Then I was served divorce papers. She is living with her OM, today. I am raising our kids, she sees them only 4 days a month.

My dear man, you negotiated with a TERRORIST, and sadly and predictably, you lost...POJA is a tool for RECOVERY! You never, ever, ever, ever, EVER use POJA with an active wayward - if you do, only one of you will play by the rules, and it sho nuff ain't gonna be the wayward - doing so puts you at an even greater disadvantage...I am very sorry for your situation, I hope you will learn the MB program IN IT'S ENTIRETY so that you are able to use it as intended from here on out...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
My dear man, you negotiated with a TERRORIST, and sadly and predictably, you lost...POJA is a tool for RECOVERY! You never, ever, ever, ever, EVER use POJA with an active wayward - if you do, only one of you will play by the rules, and it sho nuff ain't gonna be the wayward - doing so puts you at an even greater disadvantage

To support what MrsW said, read Dr Harley's comment about this:

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
"There are two situations where I don't recommend radical honesty or the POJA: Abuse and infidelity. In the case of infidelity, if one spouse suspects the other, I have gone so far as to encourage hiring a private detective to help investigate, using spyware, keyloggers, putting a gps on the car, and all sorts of other snooping methods. If its found that the spouse is not guilty, I encourage revealing the snooping to the spouse. If found guilty, I encourage keeping spying techniques secret indefinitely. "

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Actually, I should rephrase exactly what I said about POJA - Saying it is a tool for recovery implies that it is only used in marriages recovering from infidelity, and that is not the case - It is a tool to be used in FUNCTIONING MARRIAGES with both spouses willingly and genuinely using it for the betterment of the marriage by practicing care, protection and honesty - So, what I meant to say is that you do not use it in infidelity situations until recovery is under way...

Thanks to Mel for posting Dr. Harley's quote! Much obliged!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

K
K
If anyone had treated me like the way WSs are treated now I would not be here and recovered. When the "new breed" had taken over when I reconnected with the OM all the 2x4s just sounded like a whole lot of blah blah. You spend all your time being defensive rather than listening because there's nothing to listen to. NONE of it is helpful, it just sounds like a lot of noise. So much time and care is taken with BSs but as soon as it's a WS, it becomes one insult after another. Then everyone says - ooooh, they couldn't take the truth - now they've gone when the reality is that nothing constructive is ever mooted. I would bet the farm that Dr H doesn't treat waywards like that.

I was EXCEPTIONALLY lucky to have JL on my case. EXCEPTIONALLY lucky.

...and that's my rant about...

K
K
Kiwi - you were treated that way. Very direct. And it was an MB friend who reached out and saved your marriage when you wouldn't.

You were humble enough to learn and grow and you had the courage to stick around.

But you were dusted up every bit as much as the waywards who cut and run at the first sign of direct honesty around here.

I guess time dulls pain for everyone and eases memories a bit.

The stinging stops when you recognize the love and caring behind the confrontations. And you did. It wasn't just JL who reached you.

H
H
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
If anyone had treated me like the way WSs are treated now I would not be here and recovered. When the "new breed" had taken over when I reconnected with the OM all the 2x4s just sounded like a whole lot of blah blah. You spend all your time being defensive rather than listening because there's nothing to listen to. NONE of it is helpful, it just sounds like a lot of noise. So much time and care is taken with BSs but as soon as it's a WS, it becomes one insult after another. Then everyone says - ooooh, they couldn't take the truth - now they've gone when the reality is that nothing constructive is ever mooted. I would bet the farm that Dr H doesn't treat waywards like that.

I was EXCEPTIONALLY lucky to have JL on my case. EXCEPTIONALLY lucky.

...and that's my rant about...

I know you're ranting,,,,

But when I showed up on the forums some of the posts to me were attacks. It didn't cause me to cut and run. Some posts disappeared entirely from my thread because they were considered to harsh by the moderators. I still didn't cut and run....

Know why?

Because even the harsh personal attacks were true!

I needed the good, the bad and the ugly.....

I believe the different POV's can be helpful for all waywards that actually want to recover their marriage.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
T
T
When I first posted in 2006, I was afraid to do the right thing. But I was told to do the right thing. Unfortunately my choice at that time was to lie like a dog. Three years later, I came back, and after a couple of weeks a copped to being here before because I felt bad about what I had done way back then. People were really nice. But one poster took quotes out from some of my 2006 crap and asked me how I was able to lie so so convincingly. She wanted to KNOW whether I was trustworthy again.

I had a choice. I could have pulled myself up into some indignant mess, or I could have respected the fact that she wasn't about to have MB people waste their time on someone who was going to just lie all over again. I stuck around and answered her questions. And she was right to question. When someone lies, they need to expect to have to prove themselves.

When families are hanging in the balance and someone is perpetrating the ultimate betrayal onto their spouses and children.....there isn't time for hearts and flowers. Now it isn't necessary for people to be out and out ugly, but I have almost never seen that - only when a WS won't stop blaming the victim or takes everyone for a ride. But blunt, urgent honesty is necessary. If my child runs into the street with a semi coming down the road, I am not going to say please, I am going to scream her name and get her out of that road if I have to drag her by her hair.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation