Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
C
OP Offline
C
It�s interesting how many men react to their wife�s adultery with such trepidation and fear. They simple don�t understand the dire emergency and threat adultery is to their marriage. It�s always about the fear of their wife. Fear of her anger. Fear of �pushing her further away�. Fear of losing their precious adultery stained marriage and perhaps if they do nothing it will all go away and maybe they won�t even get a disease.

In other critical situations most men will act quickly and decisively. A sort of intuitive understanding to �assault the ambush� mentality. Don�t hide behind a stump until they pick you off. Charge! Hey, they might get you anyway but at least you have a chance. Right?

For example you are up in Alaska and suddenly are confronted by a Kodiak bear. And he�s hungry. This also qualifies as a dire emergency and threat.

Fortunately you are carrying a .300 ultra magnum caliber Remington Model 700 BDL rifle with a 26 inch barrel and gloss walnut grips and your collection of trophies from NRA competitions in you den back home indicate you know how to use it.

The 1,400 lb. bear wipes away his drool and charges.

What-ya gonna do Bubba? Negotiate? Hide behind a stump? Not likely.

But when your 125 lb. adulterous wife tells you �If you (fill in the blank with an action that stands up to her adultery), I am going to stomp my feet and put on a super pout!�, you assume your fetal position on the floor of the guest room.

�You�re right honey. I�m sorry. I just don�t want to push you further away. I�ll be in the guest room if you need me for anything as soon as I'm done arranging the flowers I bought you.�

I don�t know guys. This gets embarrassing sometimes.

Where has all the testosterone gone?

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 11:09 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
M
M
ITA. I've seen little 5'2, 120 lb women (coughcough) put up a bigger fight than some men. I don't understand it either.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
R
R
good timing -

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Would your wife just roll over and let you have a girlfriend?

Being pissed off and angry is a healthy response to DDay.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by rwinger
good timing -

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Would your wife just roll over and let you have a girlfriend?

Being pissed off and angry is a healthy response to DDay.

It just gets old sometimes having to watch Mel pass through the BH threads like a nurse trying to keep them alive with testosterone IV�s. And the patient keeps pulling out the needle.
sigh

Hey MF! I have met you and I will say right now if I were ever in a good bar fight I would want you on my side.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
V
V
If you back down after d-day, you don't have a chance with a wayward in R.

Totally agree with the original post.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
You beat me to the punch, Chrisner, I am similarly frustrated with some of the conflict avoiding I have seen on this forum and think this is a dangerous trend. Men are wired to appease women and don't seem to realize that is the WORST thing you can do with a wayward.

Appeasing a wayward who is hellbent on destroying your marriage will result in a ....................destroyed marriage. Appeasement will get you exactly nowhere except divorced while you pay the mortgage on a home that has been taken over by an OM who has REPLACED YOU.

But to you conflict avoider men, I want to tell you something very important, so please heed my words:

Women do not love men they do not respect and they do not respect men whom they can run over. It is disgusting. So when you reward her with flowers when she has just been with her OM, you are doing nothing more than inviting her disgust and eroding any love and respect she may have left for you.

This unconditional "love" is nothing other than ENABLING and trains her to have false expectations of entitlement. You are creating a monster with your appeasement tactics.

What women want to see is a man who has the BALLS to fight for his marriage. A man who stands up for his marriage and fights for it. He causes as much conflict as possible in the affair and he protects his children AT ALL COSTS from her affair.

And to the next man who tells me that his adulterous, alley catting wife is a "good mother," I have this for you: twoxfour

Oh please. WAKE THE HELL UP! There is nothing "good" about a mother who wrecks her children's family in pursuit of her own lust; who runs around like an alley cat in heat. What a ridiculous notion. A good mother is not selfish and neglectful and RECKLESS.

So, you men who think that Plan C [Dr Harley calls this Plan "compromise", I call it Plan Conflict Avoidance] is going to get you anywhere, think again. It is the most likely to lead to divorce.

So please, lets leave the wimp convention and start fighting to save your marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
ITA. And here's what these guys never think about: Any man who would simply step aside while another man moves in on his wife is sending her the screamingly clear message that

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU

I WILL NOT FIGHT FOR YOU

I DON'T CARE IF ANOTHER MAN ****S YOU

HAVE A NICE DAY

And then they wonder why this approach does not impress the WW.

You might want to look at this from the female point of view, guys, and think again about the message you're sending.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
Originally Posted by chrisner
It just gets old sometimes having to watch Mel pass through the BH threads like a nurse trying to keep them alive with testosterone IV�s. And the patient keeps pulling out the needle.
sigh

What scares me is when they start posting to EACH OTHER and giving each other tips on enabling! I know most of the conflict avoiders ignore me [because their goal is to avoid conflict, not to save the marriage] but I feel I have to say something because other men read this crap and think this is a solution.

Men don't like crossing their wives, so they naturally gravitate to easier, softer tactics. At the expense of their marriage, unfortunately.

All you conflict avoider men need to go look at Wheelspinning. His marriage is reconciled and they are recovering because he unleashed HOLY HELL on his wife's affair. He didn't lower his standards. He raised the bar and he is now in recovery. His WW is posting here helping others!

There are no guarantees but you are guaranteed to a life of hell headed right towards divorce if you continue to appease and avoid conflict.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Mulan
ITA. And here's what these guys never think about: Any man who would simply step aside while another man moves in on his wife is sending her the screamingly clear message that

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU

I WILL NOT FIGHT FOR YOU

I DON'T CARE IF ANOTHER MAN ****S YOU

HAVE A NICE DAY

And then they wonder why this approach does not impress the WW.

You might want to look at this from the female point of view, guys, and think again about the message you're sending.

AGREE. And a similar message is being sent to their children:

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU

I WILL NOT FIGHT FOR YOU

I DON'T CARE IF ANOTHER MAN TAKES MY PLACE AS DADDY

HAVE A NICE DAY

Exposure 101

N
N
Originally Posted by chrisner
�You�re right honey. I�m sorry. I just don�t want to push you further away. I�ll be in the guest room if you need me for anything as soon as I'm done arranging the flowers I bought you.�

rotflmao
For the record - this goes for women too. Any woman that will meekly step aside and allow the A to continue is saying the same thing:

I DON'T LOVE YOU
I WON'T FIGHT FOR YOU
LET ANOTHER WOMAN PLAY MOMMY

HAVE A NICE DAY wink

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
rotflmao
For the record - this goes for women too. Any woman that will meekly step aside and allow the A to continue is saying the same thing:

But............we usually don't have to say that to the women. The woman who tolerates this is the EXCEPTION, not the rule. We actually have to coach men not to leave their homes and abandon their children at the behest of their cheating wife.

I HAVE NEVER HAD TO TELL A WOMAN NOT TO LEAVE HER HOME.

I have to tell men not to leave every week. And have done so for years...

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Ranger Handbook
As scary as it is to run into an ambush - where there's always the assumption of casualty - it's really the only way to effectively handle the situation. If you tried to maneuver your way out, you'll only react according to their script, in a fashion the enemy is predicting you will, and it will land you in a worse place. We learned in Vietnam that you've got to cause the ambush to fall apart. It was their duty - as it was every other Ranger's duty - to assault the ambush.

Sound familiar?

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 11:56 AM.

C
OP Offline
C
I love this one. Mel has used it before.

Guys, practice this at home in front of the mirror. You can even wear the cool duster if you must.

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 12:00 PM.

P
P
Woohoohoo!!! Love, love, love this thread! Makes me wanna swoon.

rotflmao

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/20/10 12:03 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
V
V
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

rotflmao
I love that Kurt Russell clip, the movie and well ... Kurt Russell grin

If the roles had of been reversed in our case,
I sure as heck would hope that my H would stand up to me and do what was necessary,
I would want to know that I'm his, and yes, that I'm important enough to fight for.

Swoon me!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

rotflmao

Of course of the 8-posters who have responded on the thread, 6 are women. sigh

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain�t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 12:23 PM. Reason: I would look real good in that duster and hat!

M
M
It isn't fair...

I'm too busy at work...

V
V
Originally Posted by Mark1952
It isn't fair...

I'm too busy at work...
and obviously I'm not busy enough!

I'm lovin' this, I never get this much comp time. hurray

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

T
T
Great thread! It should also be noted that this tactic should be applied to EA's as well as PA's.

C
OP Offline
C
The house catches on fire in the night. A man scrambles to get his wife and children safely out at whatever peril.

The boat capsizes in deep water. A man scrambles to get his wife and children secured to the hull until rescue.

A vicious dog attacks the family at a park during their picnic. A man inserts himself between his family and the dog at whatever risk and takes it out with a salad fork.

The front door is kicked in by home invaders. A man barricades his family and sets up his defensive position to the death if necessary with his Les Baer 1911 Premier II Super-Tac .45. (I gotta get one!)

The man�s wife commits adultery with the intent of taking everything she can get including the kids to spend the rest of their life with her sole mate and the man meekly launders a load of her new sheer panty and lingerie collection and then slinks away into the spare bedroom. Because doing anything else is too scary.

sigh

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 12:49 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation