Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2376889 05/20/10 05:06 PM
T
themud Offline OP
OP Offline
T
WTH?????

T
themud Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Come on, someone has to know.

New Blue Need A Clue?

S
S
I wonder what happened....

Last edited by stillhere8126; 05/20/10 05:32 PM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Hi everyone.

Thanks for asking about me. Yes, I am still around. I am doing fine, but due to some unforeseen circumstances that fell in my lap yesterday afternoon, I had to move the thread to a secure location.

I have thoughts on the matter -- I guess you've heard me use that term once or twice over the last eight or nine months -- but I will not be able elaborate until this evening.

Not your typical TBC cliffhanger, just need to finish up some stuff here before heading home.

The thread may have seen its last light of day. And TBC, as you have come to know him and love him (okay maybe just the former), may also be gone. Not sure. Don't worry about me, though. F. Lee Bailey is not nippin' at my heels and I'm not on a ledge anywhere.

My dialogue has been exclusively offline since yesterday's findings. I'm in good hands. And I'm not even with Allstate......

Thanks,
TBC

Last edited by ToBeContinued; 05/20/10 09:25 PM.

S
S
Okay, glad you are okay...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

O
O
So TBC...

Cake?

or Death?

_
_
I hope it wasn't too late!

-SOL
K
K
TheMud - since it appears that our dear friend's anonymity may be blown, we all may want to refrain from using teebee's initials in the name or body of a thread.

just a suggestion.

T
T
Okay, I am back. For now.....

I was contacted via FB yesterday by someone I do not know at all who said that he was able to identify a lot of personal information through various types of searches: me, WW, OM, and at least one of my sons (DS-11). This person was very complimentary of my story and stressed that he did NOT want to see the thread removed. He offered his assistance in identifying certain components of my story which, if removed, would allow for a greater cloak of privacy. He said that if he could do it, others probably could as well. He described himself as very adept in working with Google.

I responded to him by inquiring about which components provided that roadmap. He responded by outlining the key pieces of the puzzle and the order in which he assembled those pieces.

After careful consideration, I decided to have the thread relocated to a hidden, secure location until such time that I could re-establish an appropriate comfort level with discussing my private life in a semi-public arena.

This person may be reading this right now. The relocation of the thread boiled down to a absolute need to protect my safety and that of my family, to re-establish an acceptable degree of anonymity, and to limit any future exposure (ie. financial, emotional, etc.) as a result of my candor on this forum.

Okay, enough of the TBC-speak. Now for the candor.....

I love this place. I really do. I have put my heart into my thread as much as I put it into saving my M. I love it for everything it has done for me, and I love it even more when someone thanks me for something I've offered to others, or for showing them a path, or just giving them hope that maybe tomorrow will be just a little bit better than today. I don't know, maybe I just have more altruistic wiring within me than I thought I did.

I don't want to see my thread vanish and I don't want 'TBC' to vanish either. All that I know, though, is that despite this person's seemingly considerate gesture, I no longer have the appropriate comfort level within this environment. I know some of you on a much more personal level, but that is the result of both parties willingly sharing that personal information. This was not intentional.

When we experienced the big MB crash in October, I was rudder-less. I relied upon this place like I relied on air. Well, maybe not to THAT extent, but I needed this place. Big-time. Now? I can stand on my own two feet. I can whole-heartedly believe that there is a better future for me. Without WW. That does NOT mean that I will instruct my thread to walk the plank and that every other BS out there has to go fend for themselves because TBC had a breach of anonymity.

The flip side is not knowing whether this person is actually OM, or a lawyer lookin' to pad a payday, or someone who just might not have TB's best interests at heart.

So, that is my world. As if I don't have enough on my plate as it is. Well, I just keep playing the hand I'm dealt. Until I figure out my next step, the thread will stay in isolation. Don't worry, I'll make sure that it's given three square meals a day.

Thanks,
TBC

Last edited by ToBeContinued; 05/20/10 09:24 PM.

N
N
hug

TBC,

I am so sorry to hear of this. Unfortuantely, you aren't the first this has happened to and to be sure you won't be the last. It is absolutely disgusting how some can do this. You are best to err on the side of caution though, as I think those who have your best interest at heart would have revealed THEMSELVES from the onset......

Not2fun

V
V
Given the circumstances that bring us all here, it's surprising how we can still open up and share our stories and our lives. In many ways, it feels safe here, and we develop a unique support network that many others won't quite understand.

I'm sorry that has been compromised, you who shall not be named smile , but I hope you continue to offer your insight and experience, and that you get the support and advice you need.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
C
C
Hey you,

I suspect that if you asked a few of your email buddies from here to identify the person who wrote to you, you'd get the assurance you need about present safety. ( I have a suspicion myself, but it doesn't matter.)

However, count it a blessing that you learned from an apparently benign source that you had shared a little bit too much here.

As you have gathered, there are multiple webs of offline friendships that have grown out of this place. Take a deep breath, hunker down with your offline buddies whom you've grown to trust, and then figure out what to do.

Raspberries and blackberries on sale this week, BTW.

Chrysalis
V
V
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Raspberries and blackberries on sale this week, BTW.

Seriously? I am adding "grocery store" to our to-do list for today!

laugh

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
V
V
Oh. Wait.

Geographic discrepancy.

doh2

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
S
S
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
TheMud - since it appears that our dear friend's anonymity may be blown, we all may want to refrain from using teebee's initials in the name or body of a thread.

just a suggestion.

Then I think the name of the thread should be changed, no?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
Oh. Wait.

Geographic discrepancy.

doh2
rotflmao

Chrysalis

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation