Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
K
K
The yankees keep their pistols in their waistbands.

And end up sterile. (Look it up, there was a World's Dumbest episode where a crook did that and paid the price. stickout )

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
R
RIF Offline
R
...the Marine Corps way or the right way

Huh???

The Marine Corps way IS the right way! grin

Taking the "ambush" analogy a bit further...

The "enemy" is defined as the Affair. The WS, the OP, and anyone that's willing to assist with the A... are the 'troops' in the Affair, so when I say "kill", I'm NOT talking about killing anyone for all of you namby-pamby peacenicks out there.. wink

Just as the others have said, you've got to assault THROUGH the ambush. Assaulting through the ambush is accomplished by EXPOSING THE AFFAIR !

After you assult through the ambush and estblish fire superiority, the enemy will most likely regroup and try and conduct a hasty defense before going back on the offensive. During this phase of the battle, the enemy will use any means possible to conceal their movements and consolidate their forces.

This is the time to call up your reinforcements and other intel assets that can provide you with more information and help you develop your next course of action. Intel assets could be A close friend, or the OP's spouse as long as they are committed to killing the enemy!

The intent here is to gather as many assets that can assist you in locating, fixing (holding them in place so they can't run away. The intent here is to ISOLATE your WS from their unit/OP), then killing the enemy (the Affair).

Once you've killed the Affair, it's time to call in the PsyOps guys and gals... because even though the enemy is dead, your WS is still isolated out on the battlefield and hasn't totally surrendered yet. Your biggest PsyOps tool is a good Plan-A. But if you drop a few stray mortar rounds on your WS(Love Busters) then you'll most likely push them deeper under cover and they most likely will not surrender.

If you are conducting an effective PsyOps campaign, eventually, your WS will tire of wandering around the battlefield without any food or shelter (OP). Hopefully, they will want to come back to your side because they know that even though they were trying to kill you, that you've shown them that you will show them compassion (Plan-A).

When your WS surrenders, the hardest part is yet to come... make sure that you have some good ground rules for treating enemy combatants/your WS... The MB principles are a pretty good guide. It will take a lot of time and a lot of hard work from both of you, but if you are both committed to working through the "war", then it is possible to rebuild your M.

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
C
OP Offline
C
Bravo RIF!

And as Gurka said, you must get out of the ambush kill zone (appeasement, fear and inaction) quickly. Your marriage will die there.

Put on the black duster and bring hell with you right to the adultery.

Last edited by chrisner; 05/21/10 04:02 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
M
M
Originally Posted by chrisner
Also, the best response should no longer be referred to as a "tsunami of truth," but instead a "JDAM of truth."

I had to look that up. Cool. Increasing the IQ of dumb bombs.

You coulda just posted it, I had to look it up too. wink

[Joint Direct Attack Munition]

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/21/10 03:46 PM. Reason: typo

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
T
T
"namby pamby peacenicks"

I like that. I'd like to use that on a couple of my granola friends smile

P
P
Well, one reason why men are affraid of their 103 pound WW's is all the WW has to do is stroll into the courthouse and say "I'm Affraid" At this point, the WW has an 85% chance based on ZERO eveidence of:

1. Getting a restraining order on the BH
2. Getting temporary custody orders relegating the BH to an every other weekend dad
3. Getting temporary orders such that the BH has to pay to support the OM by proxy too. (don't believe this? it happened to me)

Like it or not, it is easy for a WW to paint her BH as controlling, angry,and jealous all in the name to protect the affair.

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
K
K
Unfortunately, PSU, as you well know, rolling over, playing dead or otherwise being cowardly doesn't improve your chances.

The only reason you prevailed is because after you first got rolled over on the first cry of "abuse" and moved out of your home, you REFUSED to roll over, play dead and otherwise not protect your interests. You kept a recorder on your person at all times when encountering her, you fought like crazy for the welfare of your kids. In other words, you assaulted the ambush and took cover! You're still fighting the @#$*%&^* who gets to spend more time with your kids than you do! And there is no doubt in my mind that you will win.

The men talked about in this thread can't seem to be found with a pulse to take these precautions and thus set themselves up for more attacks.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M
Originally Posted by PSUBIKER
Well, one reason why men are affraid of their 103 pound WW's is all the WW has to do is stroll into the courthouse and say "I'm Affraid" At this point, the WW has an 85% chance based on ZERO eveidence of:

Wouldn't that be a cue to stand up and fight, though? Why do these men run screaming from the room in gurlish tears when their wife says "you are controlling?" dramaqueen If men would stop running away with their skirts pulled up over their heads, maybe women would have second thoughts about pulling that crap.

A manipulator is going to have second thoughts if her target refuses to be manipulated. PSU, you stood up to your wife, that is all I am trying to get these guys to do. And I could use your help!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
I see we have a few guys out there milling aimlessly about the kill zone again today.

Good luck with that boys.

Last edited by chrisner; 05/25/10 04:26 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
N
N
Yep, waffling here as to weather the objective is worthless. Maybe time to regroup and cut the losses and save the fight for another meaningful objective.

M
M
I see we have a few guys out there milling aimlessly about the kill zone again today.

rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

rotflmao

Boys wearing a blindfold and a matching tutu.
grin

Mel, you finished being mad at me yet?
flirt

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

rotflmao

Boys wearing a blindfold and a matching tutu.
grin

Mel, you finished being mad at me yet?
flirt

Me mad?? nevah! flirt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
[Linked Image from globalsecurity.org]

S
S
Those symbols are RUDE!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Those symbols are RUDE!

They are very controlling and show NO respect for privacy.

M
M
Those symbols are RUDE!

EWWW!!! Don't turn your head sideways to look at them...

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Those symbols are RUDE!

EWWW!!! Don't turn your head sideways to look at them...

sigh

Funny, no matter which direction I look at them I see a recon/cavalry squad being ambushed then assaulting said ambush with a recon/cavalry platoon in support.

sigh

P
P
Is that the military ying and yang symbol?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
OP Offline
C
?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation