Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I've been divorced over 3 years now and with Tabitha for over two.

She went to a yard sale and there was a Marlin 30-30 rifle there really cheap.

Well, she bought it for me.

You know what this means in redneck?

It's serious now. laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
S
So glad to hear you say this Pariah smile .

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I just got home to inspect this spur of the moment buy from a bayou critter that knows nothing about guns.

I can't freaking believe she got me this rifle!

It's from the 60's, and absolutely factory prefect! Someone really loved this rifle. It came with 100 rounds of bullets for it worth over $100.

The old rifle in the condition it's in is worth over $700!

She did AWESOME!

The people having the yard sale had lost the house and were moving out, needed the money badly and it belonged to the guy's father and he got it when he died. He cared nothing about hunting. It now has a good home where it will be cherished and will do it's job to bring home meat!

T
T
Originally Posted by Pariah
I've been divorced over 3 years now and with Tabitha for over two.

She went to a yard sale and there was a Marlin 30-30 rifle there really cheap.

Well, she bought it for me.

You know what this means in redneck?

It's serious now. laugh

This gave me good laugh! Congrads

Me-32-FWW/Him-35-CWH
DD/PA-3/10
Expo-6/16/10
PC-7/16/10-9/25/10
Moved out 8/12/10
PLAN B-9/25/10 A light shade of Gray.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, " I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes" Eleanor Roosevelt
K
K
Pariah,
I love it! Sounds like you got a real winner! What my son wouldn't do for a good redneck woman!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
J
J
grin

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

A
A
Hahaha. that is funny and wonderful news Pariah!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
~~Socrates

The secret to happiness is wanting what you already have. ~anonymous
G
G
Pariah, you better not let her get away. This is a SIGN!
Not to mention the rifle sounds awesome. I have a thing for gun nuts. smile

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
K
K
It's good to see you're picking up someone who has your interests in mind!

Wow. I know how it is to get a buy like that. Don't know anything about guns but I do know the elation.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
She isn't really into guns mainly because she isn't able to shoot them, but she knew it was important to me.

She doesn't really like flying in the airplane, but I can go anytime I want as my twin brother and I always go together.

We took her son that we went and got from Louisiana a few weeks ago and he had the best time of his life. He said that Shereveport was never this interesting. We met my boss who flew his plane to Gainesville, GA also to go eat gumbo and poboy sandwiches. My boss had to climb all around my plane. He couldn't get over that we have the same plane as he does and mine only set me back $28,000.

K
K
Wow, $28,000 for a plane? How did you manage that so cheaply?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
The owner went blind and that was the payoff on it's loan.

S
S
My goodness Pariah, i do not think i have ever seen you so giddy (except for maybe when you are talking about your birds) smile !!!

It is nice to see, she must be one heck of a lady is all i can say.....

K
K
I imagine the owner was very happy that his plane went to someone who would care for it properly.

K
K
How cool is that!!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
S
S
That was a cool video, Pariah.

I once bought my husband a rifle at a yard sale. He was tickled pink that I did that - couldn't believe it. I gave him permission years later to sell it (my idea) and use it towards something he really wanted, which he did, but I think I might have deposited some love units that day.

I have a Lady Smith & Wesson with a rubber grip. The original grip seemed too small for me. I'd like to have it engraved eventually, to make it a family heirloom - to be handed down to the women in the family.

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
B
B
Hi Pirah,

My new wife has bought me bow hunting stuff! And she nezer complains about all the time I spend in the woods. My cheating, spending xw of 19 years used to bitc@ and bit... about any $10 item I bought and would droan on for hours if I went hunting...

A
A
Your video reminds me of the summer I spent learning to fly at Blytheville, Arkansas (used to be a SAC Base), 500 km or so from Dahlonega. Long time ago and I sometimes forget, but now but I remember it all again. It was a great summer. Thanks for the reminder.

I gave my 30.30 to my youngest brother when I went to college. He still has it, I think. I know he got a cougar with it on the lower Yellowstone a few years ago. Had it mounted and sold it for quite a bit to some CA dude with a summer house outside of town.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I mounted a cougar back when I was 25. She was 38 and looked like Suzanne Summers.

I think 30-30 would have been too old for her.

S
S
ROFLMAO! rotflmao

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation