Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2400183 07/03/10 01:33 PM
A
OP Offline
A
The athletic director at the University of Georgia (at least for now) got himself arrested literally six minutes before his new 5-year contract with a $110,000/year raise kicked in.

He's going to be out of a job soon....and likely out of a marriage. Waywards never learn.

Damon Evans arrest report

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
NC finally established after eight false starts: 1/23/09
Final Version of Events 6/09
In a solid Recovery, and lucky beyond belief.
M
M
AHOC, I couldn't get the link you posted, but I found the article here.

Talk about a blessing that he was outted just in time! This guy is not fit to lead a pack of dogs, much less the University of GA athletic department. They really lucked out!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
doh2 Doh !

H
H
Amazing. LOVE IT. Now that's exposure!!!! If he's got any sense, he'll beg for forgiveness from his family and never, never let this happen again.

If waywards would just get caught right off the bat and experience a HUGE CONSEQUENCE then maybe there would be fewer and fewer affairs.

Saw that Tiger's wife will be getting $100 million. When Tiger's worth five times that, makes you wonder if that's a big enough consequence to change that man. Time will tell. Another day, another bimbo.

S
S
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Amazing. LOVE IT. Now that's exposure!!!! If he's got any sense, he'll beg for forgiveness from his family and never, never let this happen again.

If waywards would just get caught right off the bat and experience a HUGE CONSEQUENCE then maybe there would be fewer and fewer affairs.

Saw that Tiger's wife will be getting $100 million. When Tiger's worth five times that, makes you wonder if that's a big enough consequence to change that man. Time will tell. Another day, another bimbo.

I heard that part of their settlement is that Tiger cannot have ANY women around the kids unless he marries one of them. That is awesome! I am doubting he marries any of them.

S
S

So I guess he IS married? Did not see mention of that in the article....but I guess he must be.

M
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
So I guess he IS married? Did not see mention of that in the article....but I guess he must be.

Yes, look at the article I posted:

In the report, the officer noted he found a "red pair of lady's panties between [Evans'] legs." When he asked Evans, a 40-year-old married father of two children, what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home," according to the report.

Evans told the officer that Fuhrmann was nothing more than a friend, according to the report. But the officer said that Fuhrmann later told him that the two had been seeing each other for "only a week or so."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Yes, look at the article I posted:

In the report, the officer noted he found a "red pair of lady's panties between [Evans'] legs." When he asked Evans, a 40-year-old married father of two children, what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home," according to the report.

Evans told the officer that Fuhrmann was nothing more than a friend, according to the report. But the officer said that Fuhrmann later told him that the two had been seeing each other for "only a week or so."

Thanks ML.

M
M
BEE-EEE-AYE-YOOTIFUL!! smile smile

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
K
K

This is not true. Yes he cheated. However she doesn't deserve 100 million even if that is what she could get. He's an idiot for marrying in the first place when he wants to just play around.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
What an idiot. I can't believe he'd risk his job and all that ridiculous amount of money he's making for what he does. I would assume a guy making 6 figures a year can afford a cab.

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 07/04/10 10:20 AM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

I
I
Same as it ever was.
When I read this story over the weekend, I almost had to chuckle. His whole thing about "protecting her panties," and "why don't you just drive us to a hotel room instead of arresting me," shows exactly which head he was thinking with. Pathetic.
And we just had the one-year anniversary of when the OW shot and killed former NFL quarterback Steve McNair. Remember that one? Our lives have all moved on, but he and the OW are gone forever. Was it worth it, Steve? Your little young squeeze deprived your children of their father and your wife of any chance of reconciliation.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
This is not true. Yes he cheated. However she doesn't deserve 100 million even if that is what she could get. He's an idiot for marrying in the first place when he wants to just play around.

Say what? How does Elin Woods not deserve that money?? She did nothing wrong. Tiger was the one who destroyed the family.

If he didn't want to be married, he should have been a man and said NO. I thought he was Mr. Super In-Control of Everything? Oh, wait - he just does what his corporate sponsors and a pack of prostitutes tell him to do. Wasn't his fault at all. Yeah, let's blame his wife and make her and the kids pay an even bigger price.

I think Elin Woods is going to be struggling with this for a very long time. She had her sick excuse for a husband and a pack of skanks making all the decisions about her life. They felt free to destroy her family behind her back and she is supposed to somehow just accept that.

But Elin is often called a "wh*re" for accepting divorce money. She is marginalized and ignored and often blamed for "not giving Tiger what he wanted" so it's her fault he cheated.

I wish she would come here. There is not enough money in the world to make a situation like this remotely okay, but an awful lot of people seem to think that the money is all that should matter.

It's a sick world but there are an awful lot of happy guys in it. Too bad one of them is the father of Elin's children.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
What an idiot. I can't believe he'd risk his job and all that ridiculous amount of money he's making for what he does. I would assume a guy making 6 figures a year can afford a cab.
That is what I thought when I read this part.

Evans, who is set to appear in Atlanta Municipal Court on July 12, was arrested minutes before a new five-year contract extension that raised his annual pay to $550,000 was to take effect.

He could have taken a cab or even a limo!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
C
C
what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home,"

How gallant..... skeptical

He was making sure that her panties got home with her.

Chivalry reigns MrRollieEyes

committed

S
S
Originally Posted by Mulan

Say what? How does Elin Woods not deserve that money?? She did nothing wrong. Tiger was the one who destroyed the family.
Mulan, I agree with you. She married him trusting that it would be forever. She dedicated herself fully to her family and now the rug has been pulled out from underneath her.

She had her sick excuse for a husband and a pack of skanks making all the decisions about her life. They felt free to destroy her family behind her back and she is supposed to somehow just accept that.
This one gets to me. After reading story after story here I think the most painful thing someone realizing someone they loved was hurting them without their knowledge.

But Elin is often called a "wh*re" for accepting divorce money. She is marginalized and ignored and often blamed for "not giving Tiger what he wanted" so it's her fault he cheated.

There is not enough money in the world to make a situation like this remotely okay, but an awful lot of people seem to think that the money is all that should matter.
It's not about the money. It's called just compensation. After all a marriage is a contract. (I know sounds cold) He broke the contract so he has to pay. He would have to pay if he broke any other contract, correct? He is lucky none of his sponsors have sued him.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
S
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
what he was doing with the underwear, Evans said: "She took them off and I held them because I was just trying to get her home,"

How gallant..... skeptical

He was making sure that her panties got home with her.

Chivalry reigns MrRollieEyes

committed
rotflmao

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
M
M
It's not about the money. It's called just compensation. After all a marriage is a contract. (I know sounds cold) He broke the contract so he has to pay. He would have to pay if he broke any other contract, correct? He is lucky none of his sponsors have sued him.

Oh, I agree with you on the just compensation, too, and yes marriage most certainly is a legal contact. It's NOT just "a piece of paper" and I feel very sorry for anyone who thinks it is.

Having wrecked Elin's life and her children's lives, the least Tiger can do is make sure that they *at least* do not suffer financially.

It's just that so many "average" people think she was just after the money. Even the comments on CNN reflect how completely ignorant so many are about what really happens when a cheater destroys a marriage and the Betrayed Spouse - who did love that person and thought it was for life - finds himself/herself picking up the pieces and cleaning up the wreckage for years to come.

Financial security is the very least the cheater can provide after all but destroying someone's life.

Now I wanna know what really happened with Al and Tipper Gore.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
Not cold to call marriage a contract. That gives it more weight than whatever most people think of it as.

Anything that gives marriage more weight is a good way to word it.

Marriage is:
an agreement
a contract
a vow
a covenant

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation