Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2404224 07/13/10 06:14 AM
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What is your opinion about WS who do not go and live with OP even if there are no obstacles in doing so?
Why are there some WS who in spite of many difficulties end up wanting to go and live with OP while others who would have no problems in doing so do not do it?
Does the degree of involvement with OP play a role? Do the ones who move out and stay on their own (while seeing OP on a regular basis but not committing to a living together situation) see the A as a recreation and their freedom from the ball and chain of the M as the main reason for wanting to separate and later divorce?
There is a clear difference between those 2 types of WS saying that there is not it is really not accurate.
What is your opinion?
Blessing

atena
J
J
Hi there,
I'm interested in the opinions of the vets on this one.....mine is one who in the beginning told me he was in love with OW and that he was interested in a relationship with her.......I cleared the deck for him in terms of financial and he was free to go......
He didn't go........
He told me he told her he loved her and didn't love me so it made no sense to me that he didn't go then.......it seemed like this is what the whole affair was for to be together........the OW even left her husband and he had a place to go........
He has now changed his mind and said she is not what he wants and that he loves me........
His affair I think only last about 6 months, maybe longer term affairs are different....maybe it's a difference which sex it is....
A lot of interesting thoughts here......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
S
Originally Posted by atena
What is your opinion about WS who do not go and live with OP even if there are no obstacles in doing so?
Why are there some WS who in spite of many difficulties end up wanting to go and live with OP while others who would have no problems in doing so do not do it?
Does the degree of involvement with OP play a role? Do the ones who move out and stay on their own (while seeing OP on a regular basis but not committing to a living together situation) see the A as a recreation and their freedom from the ball and chain of the M as the main reason for wanting to separate and later divorce?
There is a clear difference between those 2 types of WS saying that there is not it is really not accurate.
What is your opinion?
Blessing

My XWH is still seeing the OW. He can't live with her because of our custody agreement that says no overnights with opposite sex when child is present. I wonder if he will marry her though. Our divorce was final end of 09....but XH says he didn't want a divorce---so in his case I think he figures since I went straight to Plan D he might as well keep seeing her.

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
bump

atena
M
M
atena, I think in the case of your WS, he can't go live with the OW because of her little kids. Don't you think that would make for an impossible situation? The affair is not a feasible place for him to land.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T

Sure, the degree of involvement plays a role, but I think the larger issue is that the freedom, and the independence, are what drives that bus in many cases. A gradual metamorphisis or a paradigm shift? I guess it really doesn't matter, though. The last time I checked, 'freedom' and 'independence' were not branded as solid building blocks for a M.

Now, if I happened to miss the memo indicating otherwise, just let me know......

TBC

V
V
I think some WS definitely want only the good parts of a relationship and not the challenging parts. My ex had an online OW and left to go live on his own. To this day, three years later, his OW lives in another state (in a house he bought for her to live in rent free.) She fulfills all of his ENs for Admiration and Conversation and he gets tons of alone time to play his computer games. She is getting her needs for FS fulfilled and they probably still do their SF online. (I think she is even still married to someone else.)

No thank you! I'd rather be in the real world.

Me: 47
H: 56
DS35, DD29, DD22 (his)
DD15, DS12 (mine)
Married 1 year

My first marriage: Married 21 years until ex left for his online OW.
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Yes Melody but the point is that many WH do go and live with OW who has small kids.
The fact that he doesn't...is it because he knows it will not last if he did go and live with her?
blessing

atena
M
M
Yes Melody but the point is that many WH do go and live with OW who has small kids.
The fact that he doesn't...is it because he knows it will not last if he did go and live with her?
blessing

I think it because HE can't stand small kids. Doesn't he dislike being around small children? And I agree that it won't last very long if he lives with her. He may know that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
He used to play with them on the beach when they had just started the A but I am not sure he ever liked them.
He just keeps cake eating even with her, he has his freedom and he sees her without any aggravation.
I m very discouraged because I know that without reality hitting them soon this A will last a long time and then the hope to get the M recovered are less and less.
Plus now he has really tasted his freedom and why would he miss me or our son who is already on his own in college far away.
I know I am a drama queen,but this is really hopeless...
blessing

atena
M
M
Plus now he has really tasted his freedom and why would he miss me or our son who is already on his own in college far away.
I know I am a drama queen,but this is really hopeless...
blessing

atena, can you imagine the lovebusting from the OW about the fact that he won't move in or take the relationship to a greater point? grin She is pressuring him and he is running for his life.

That being said, you have no way of guessing what is on his mind. It is impossible to predict the future and you will drive yourself crazy trying.

Please, please focus on making your life GREAT, friend...

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thank you Melody, I do need this reminder from time to time.
I try to read his mind and that is a recipe for going nuts. I am focusing on my studies...I am done with my master in less than a month if god wills...!
I am lucky to be able to get an education....and to have the blessing of being free to do as I please. That is a biggy.
But at times I do not know why I take so much longer than others to feel unstuck and move on...
I am a dummy I think...
blessing

atena
M
M
But at times I do not know why I take so much longer than others to feel unstuck and move on...
I am a dummy I think...
blessing

That is great about your masters!

And you are no dummy!! This has been much almost impossible for you because you see him at work. See how much better you felt when you were away for awhile?

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
that's so true!
Also Melody, I am yet at another place now so in total in 10 months I moved 7 times.
Hopefully in sept I will find a permanet place, right now people do summer rentals and but in Sept it will be good to start looking
blessing

atena
M
M
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{atena}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Exposure 101

P
P
In what field is your Masters?
And, BIG CONGRATULATIONS!

R
R
What is your opinion?
Blessing

Isn't this just a variation on "cake eating?"

It seems to me, central to an A is the desire to have 2 lives taking the "easy/fun/good" parts of both. Not committing to either one, while not burning the bridges to either one is the way they sustain both lives.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
D
D
[/quote]

Isn't this just a variation on "cake eating?"

It seems to me, central to an A is the desire to have 2 lives taking the "easy/fun/good" parts of both. Not committing to either one, while not burning the bridges to either one is the way they sustain both lives. [/quote]

I agree with this. The A is about escaping real life for a fantasy world. The fantasy world is fueled, in a way, because there is a marriage and home and other person dealing with the real world. Even though we, the betrayed, didn't know it - we were enabling the affair because we were home being responsible and taking care of things.

I wish my H had left me for the OW because it would have been an ugly mess, quickly. Instead he spent a year in the fantasy world.

Me: BW, 46
Him: WH, 48
EA/PA with co-worker 8-08 to 7-09
D-day 7-29
NC 8-17
OW and WH both fired from jobs
OW lost court case for restraining order- judge called her a "practiced deciever" who manufactured evidence!!
M
M
There is only ONE type of WS - ya you guessed it A WAYWARD!

They are all CHEATERS with dispicable character

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I agree with this. The A is about escaping real life for a fantasy world. The fantasy world is fueled, in a way, because there is a marriage and home and other person dealing with the real world. Even though we, the betrayed, didn't know it - we were enabling the affair because we were home being responsible and taking care of things.
I did not mean an A where WH still lives at home. I mean the A when WH has already moved out and he is either on his own and seeing OW at the same time. Or he has moved in with her.
In my example up until I knew info about WH (now I do not care what he does) OW would wake up go to WH place spend all day there with him and return in the evening to pick up her brats from camp or daycare.
plus she would spend all Sat and SUN with him and they would go on week end trips.
This is a pretty cushy life for my WH and it is quite of a different scenario from a WS who would live with OW and her kids and who would not have all the leasure time together free of bills, kids screaming and other daily life routines...
So I do believe that yes, the nature of the WS is the same, but the arrangement they pick with OW can be quite different ad lead to different outcomes.
The WS and OW not liveing together and spending fun times together on a daily basis find that their relationship gets stronger and is free from domestic demands. In this case there is a true change of lifestyle from the part of the WH. He is now a bachelor and lives alone, and gets it often with OW.
The A has no reason to end soon because it provides pleasure and recreation time without responsibilities.
OW gives WH the illusion of all this freedom and for a while she makes no demands. SHe has time on her side and she works on WH nice and good feeding on the very desire of freedom and need for admiration and feel young again that drove him away from the M.
However ultimately OW wants WH to settle in with her and her kids and if WH really falls in love with her she might at the end succeed.
Otherwise as soon as she starts putting serious pressure on WH the more he will be thinking to end the A.
WHile the WS who lives with OW and her brats can't hope for the A to last long and to be an improvement compared to the M.
He has not changed a thing he has just aggravated his life 1,0000 more than before.
So I do think there is a big difference between the 2 scenarios and they do influence the lenght of the A and the time for OW to continue making a good impression and being the fantasy woman that WH might eventually decide to setttle with.
blessing

atena
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation