Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Mississippi still has an adultery law on the books, and this BS used it!

BW has WH and OW arrested

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
P
P
That is so funny! I love it.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
L
L
hurray for Mrs Smith Williams.

Just a though, now we know adultery is a crime in Mississippi, is there some way of storing that info?

I am wondering if we could have a thread or forum where known laws are archived state by state to give to the newbies.

M
M
Bravo to Ms. Williams! Thanks for posting it, LC.

If anyone is interested in the history of adultery laws in the US, check out Dr Harley's book, Defending Traditional Marriage. He has studied this issue extensively.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
doh2 I HAVE that book smile You'd think I would have remembered it. Still, I wonder if it would be a good thing to have them on MB for newbies to look over while they are (often) waiting for their books to arrive?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Still, I wonder if it would be a good thing to have them on MB for newbies to look over while they are (often) waiting for their books to arrive?

Waiting? How so? I usually get my books in about 2 days.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
oh, I though from the times I had seen comments on here, people were waiting for a week or so.

Never mind

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
T
Well LC,

This makes me feel that now early in the 21st century we ought to try for a constitutional amendment similar to the 18th - prohibition of adultery!

In all seriousness tho, I for the life of me cannot understand that, at least in the civil arena of state laws, the majority of states have either no fault or do not have audltery on the books as a reason for suit.

Thanks,

Tom

W
W
This is true tom. I know that my WH keeps throwing in my face that NE is a no fault state so I "can't stop him from divorcing me once he can file"....well, he hasn't filed yet and I'll just wwait, bide my time and keep my Plan A up. BUT, we'll just see how much fighting I can actually do...HMMMM?? LOL. I already know that he is wrong on quite a few things...just not the adultery one...but I can really really put a hitch in his plans. And I will!

M
M
This is a hoot! God bless mississippi bith place of the King!

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
N
N
This makes me feel that now early in the 21st century we ought to try for a constitutional amendment similar to the 18th - prohibition of adultery!
rotflmao

Sorry Tom, as much as I would support your idea theoretically, as a practical proposal it would be a non-starter. Why? Because the methodolgy required to put an amendment in place reguires something like the 2/3 of the states' legislatures needing to pass the amendment. Seriously, in our world, can you imagine that 2/3 of those legislatures would have a majority of members who would vote for that, with a free conscience that they had not already violated the law, and had no plans to violate it in the future??

P
P
They've been married for three years and have FIVE children?!? Wow.... hopefully at there are twins or triplets in there somewhere.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Hi NG,

And I agree. I was trying to be tongue in cheek with the amendment part, but I was I know I did not indicate that properly. Most of our amendments have to do with structure and function of the federal gov't like the voting age, succession, etc.

But I was really serious about state codes. Thanks.

Tom

N
N
Yeah, all those legislators are going to fight to be the first to sponsor this in their States. Of course, here in NY, it would have to be signed the governor, too. Well, let's be glad Gov. Spitzer is gone. Hmm, NJ also recently got rid of Gov. McGreevey. How are things going in SC with Gov. Sanford?

A
A
Unfortunately, as evidenced by the amount of posters on this forum, adultery is all too popular.

It certainly is one of the most heinous crimes- one with no punishment involved.

As I go through with this divorce, I feel like someone walked into my house, raped and stole my wife, beat me to a living pulp, emotionally scarred my children and stole half of my stuff. Then got away Scot-Free and I could do nothing about it.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Feb 09 - PA #1 (w/married alcoholic)
Apr 09 - Started recovery, thought things were going well until...
Jan 10 - PA #2 (w/different guy on Facebook)
Dec 10 - Divorced
Now - very happy; no regrets
S
S
Originally Posted by arkhawk1
Unfortunately, as evidenced by the amount of posters on this forum, adultery is all too popular.

It certainly is one of the most heinous crimes- one with no punishment involved.

As I go through with this divorce, I feel like someone walked into my house, raped and stole my wife, beat me to a living pulp, emotionally scarred my children and stole half of my stuff. Then got away Scot-Free and I could do nothing about it.

Right there with you. Makes me want to scream. In fact, I'm in that mood tonight...wishing I could just rip someone (OW or XH's) head off. How dare they? Why don't they have to pay?

A
A
I know it's not right to feel this way, but I'd really like to be riding on the karma bus when it goes rolling over them.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Feb 09 - PA #1 (w/married alcoholic)
Apr 09 - Started recovery, thought things were going well until...
Jan 10 - PA #2 (w/different guy on Facebook)
Dec 10 - Divorced
Now - very happy; no regrets
P
P
Actually most states have laws against adultery and they are called "blue laws" but are not enforced. Florida has such a law but there is only a $500 fine and I think a short jail time. I could of had my WH and the OW both arrested becasue they were living together at the time.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
L
OP Offline
L
They are not enforced because people don't file charges. If the BS in Mississippi hadn't filed charges, her WH and OW wouldn't have been arrested, either.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
P
P
Most people don't realize there are those laws. if they did, I wonder how many WS and their affair partners would be arrested?

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation