Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Originally Posted by hope3343
Isn't this bigamy? When I don't think I could hear anything worse....welllllll
That is what I was thinking. If his BS can prove the marriage is legal then he can be arrested. This scum bag lives in the same area I do. I have to resist the temptation to find them, befriend his Ho and screw with her head.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
J
J
Ya KNOW....

I've been around for 65 years and lived all over the world and I have never heard of anything like this. I am appalled on so many levels. However, the one thing that sticks with other than this guy should be in jail, is the new W.

What is she thinking? He steals his kids from his OTHER WIFE, and he abandons her. Given that his kids very likely miss their mom and their friends, it is clear he doesn't care about them. So NEW WIFE thinks this guy is going to be true, going to be honest, going to worry about her feelings?

Blind as a bat, and dumb as a stump. Man I hope he gets what is coming to him.

JL

S
S
The only way it couldn't be "right at the end" is if the Betrayed Spouse didn't get permission from the judge to use a baseball bat and trash everything he owned with it until she just wore herself out.

If she got to do that, it WOULD be "right at the end".

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
S
S
This story is the lead story on the local news. The WH and OW are playing the victims saying the BS new the marriage was not legal and she only put up a fight because of the custody fight. The news spend more time talking to WH and OW and only a few seconds talking to BW. The ball is being passed back and forth between the state the BW filed her case and Florida. What a mess. I feel bad for the kids.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
S
Another thing that doesn't sound right is the WH claims the marriage was not valid. So if he thinks it isn't valid then why did he file for a divorce? And even if it wasn't valid why didn't he talk to his BS about this and come to a definitive conclusion before he took off with the kids?

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
B
B
Suamico,

I grew up in that area and went to college and law school there...been in Texas for 20 years. Was back there recently fr my nephew's wedding....local news there has never been very good!

P
P
Oh, and OW is 25 and WH is 63!! BW is 43 and their children are very young. I wonder if BW is actually an OW#1.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
Some women just like older men because they're more mature and 9 times out of 10, have their $@*@ together, unlike the 30something men still going out with 18 year olds.

Still, it's a possibility.

(I was referring to PM's claim about the BW)

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
Some women just like older men because they're more mature and 9 times out of 10, have their $@*@ together

and they usually have $$$$$

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

K
K
Frankly as long as HE knows it, and doesn't care, I figure, let them be happy with it.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Some women just like older men because they're more mature and 9 times out of 10, have their $@*@ together, unlike the 30something men still going out with 18 year olds.

Like this guy????

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
K
K
I didn't mean men like this who are already married of course, I meant single ones.

J
J
I'm sorry karma- but 60+year old men who are looking for a relationship with 25-year-old women...well, I don't care if they are single. It's kinda creepy....

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

K
K
I know it's creepy, but if both (SINGLE!) parties are in agreement, there's not a whole lot to be done...which is unfortunate.

T
OP Offline
T
I do not see any moral impediments, if they're both single, but you gotta admit that the average 23-year old blond hotshot isn't going to be lusting over a balding man 40 years her senior...unless he's got something else to offer. It's kinda like my opinion that if Mick Jagger, now aging, wrinkled, and a retired garbage collector, tried to pick up the young chicks that Mick Jagger the rock star gets, he'd be smacked down in a hot second. Any of these aging stars (or rich-but-not-stars) that think young girls are pursuing them for their beaux yeux are self-deceivers of the highest order.

tl

J
J
Okay, let's look at it from the "single" viewpoint...

If one of your 23-year-old friends wanted to marry some single guy who was 40+ years older than her, wouldn't you think that was kind of strange and wouldn't you have a few redflag about their relationship?

What could a man who is old enough to be someone's father or grandfather (my 25-year-old DD's gpa on her dad's side is 67) have in common with someone that age?

Do you really think this is about finding someone with "maturity"???? It's a bit extreme if that's the case.

I, personally, think that an age-gap like this is a case of "gold-digging" on her part and "trophy wife" on his part.

johnstwin-

B
B
Does he have the children legally?

How sad for the BS and the children!

How old is the BS if they have children and her WH is 63?

????????

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
L
L
The BS is, I think, around 41.

Under the Uniform Child Custody Act, I believe that he would have needed to file for custody in the state where the children had actually resided for the previous 6 months. I don't know why the BS couldn't have immediately filed for temporary custody in Ohio and forced the return of her children to her, pending a final custody order, unless, her WH did file in Ohio.

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 08/07/10 09:48 AM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
B
B
I saw the today interview. The man is a piece of work, but this OW is a total dozzy. By the entitled look on her face you can tell she not only feels no shame for her role/position, but is actually attacking the BS!.

She has had this other womans two small children for 10 weeks, and posts daily how she (OW) is putting HER "little angles --(2 stepsons) -- to bed now."

Knowing full well the BS can read her FB. There is something terribly wrong going on here.

This should be a warning to all M people (esp women) who think they can rely on OP having any qualms or ethics about A's.

Last edited by barbiecat; 08/07/10 12:06 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
T
T
I looked this guy up. I found that in 2003 his first...or a former wife (age 52) was killed in a car accident (she was driving)...he and a daughter were also injured. They got a settlement from Lenny's & Vinny's Pizza....the delivery guy ran a stop sign...possibly fell asleep at the wheel. He didn't receive any jail time...house arrest and probation. Dr France has at least 2 grown daughters from that former marriage.

He married the next wife in 2005...the rest is history...

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation