Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 125 of 199 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 198 199
C
C
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Just to add to the "boys" conversation. My three sons are a definite mess....and I forgot to add Scotty that the reason my A/C broke was because earlier today I had to wash one of my cushions off my couch. I told my DS10, "Here, take this cushion out in the sunshine to dry, but make sure it's off the ground so it won't get dirty." Well, I think you know the rest....yes, he put it on top of the A/C unit...LOL

It burned up some little part in there that works the compressor. That was $126 and then the same DS was packed with 20 outfits for camp and guess how much he came back with? Zero. Yes, my son left all his clothes at camp. He came back with a swim suit, a pair of dr. pepper pj bottoms, and his toiletries. I told him that he has cost me over $200 in just a few days. After getting steaming mad....I had to laugh.
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

S
OP Offline
S
OMG HopeE, I actually LOL'd on the clothes items. I guess that is the essential for the boys wardrobe, a swimsuit and a pair of pj bottoms. I have to MAKE my kids change their clothes. Even after a shower. And then, I have to MAKE them wear underwear. they love running around a naked. Another male trait I think. HEHEHEHEHE Moms of just girls don't understand. I have been told that it gets easier with boys and that girls become a NIGHTMARE during the teenaged years for moms. That's when girls rebel and pull away. they always come back though.

I have wonderful kiddos, they just drive me nutty. Tonight, they are sleeping on the couches. It is so they can play video games at the crack of dawn. What funny children. I will probably be sleeping before they are. HAHAHAHAHA

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
Oh CP, you are starting to scare me now. I don't think I am going to want to know all of the stupid chit my boys are gonna do.

Ahhhh...Yeah, ditto on that.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
Scotty,

I totally get the no underwear thing. I took DS10 and DS11 school clothes shopping today. We went into department store to get some pants. The sales lady was standing right there with me when I reached down to look at label in DS10's pants he had on. Imagine my embarassment when I pulled them back to reveal a little baby butt crack:)

I couldn't believe it, but hey, he left all his clothes at camp including the underwear.... Nooo

Last edited by hope_eternal; 08/09/10 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
J
J
When my OS (who was also the ER king in our house for his first 12 years) went to camp with his best friend, they smelled soooo bad when their dads picked them up-the men made the boys sit in the very last seat of the SUV. (We moms did the drop off...clever planning dontcha think? grin )

When I opened his bag, I found most of his clothes still folded and all but two pair of socks still matched and "clean". I asked if he changed his socks or showered the whole week. "We swam every day." was the answer. faint

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
S
OMG...Hope your kids are hysterical...and the couch cushion thing...OMG, Mwahahahahah!!!

And the naked thing...almost every night when I tuck DS in bed I get the "Look mama, my peepee is nocturnal!"...Im like yes yes thats just great son...

And to add to that, I am rather well endowed in the chest area..and no matter how much I speak to him about it or how much I tell him how inappropriate it is...DS occasionally feel the need to "honk" them like a horn...Now I walk around with padded bras, which I dont need...just for the added "protection"...little boys obsessed with "boobies"...I am in so much trouble with this kid.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by johnstwin
When my OS (who was also the ER king in our house for his first 12 years) went to camp with his best friend, they smelled soooo bad when their dads picked them up-the men made the boys sit in the very last seat of the SUV. (We moms did the drop off...clever planning dontcha think? grin )

When I opened his bag, I found most of his clothes still folded and all but two pair of socks still matched and "clean". I asked if he changed his socks or showered the whole week. "We swam every day." was the answer. faint

"Ohhhhh...thats what those extra clothes were for?" think

Last edited by stillhere8126; 08/09/10 08:55 PM. Reason: smiley

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
I am laffin so hard that I can barely see the screen. My sides hurt. OMG. You guys are great. LOVE BOYS. I am gonna miss them when they move out, although, DS7 says he is going to live with me FOREVER. SHUDDER. I better get that kid married off as soon as he is 18 HAHAHAHAHA J/K. My friend's 4YO D has said she is going to marry my DS7. He came to me and said, "Mommy, FDD4 said she is going to marry me." When we went to the movies, FDD4 and DS7 went to see Toys Story 3 with friend's husband, we were watching Eclipse. Friend's husband texts friend and says, "I feel like I am a chaperone for their first date." They came out of the movie and DS7 said that she put her hand on his knee. I told him that wasn't appropriate they are too young for that. OH NOOOOOO. I think I need to worry.

Still, HONK HONK. Priceless. I am DYING over here guys, THANX

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Ahhhh, what would we do without them little cuties...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
..Moms of just girls don't understand. I have been told that it gets easier with boys and that girls become a NIGHTMARE during the teenaged years for moms. That's when girls rebel and pull away. they always come back though.

It must be sorta karma. It was different with my DD, girls have different needs than boys, I have heard that to deal with all girls is hard for a guy. When my DD reached puberty my wife did have some issues with her but for the most part she was great. Daddys little girl.

I heard something our Pastor said that seemed somewhat wise at one time and he meant it in a general sense I believe. He said "Boys have problems with obedience, and girls have problems with loyalty"

I looked at it compared to the way girls deal with problems or challanges as it differs from boys. Most girls are able to multitask and solve issues by many different approches, finding the way through by whatever works and wearing down the problem in a number of ways. They see more sides to the issue because of how thier minds work. Multi-faceted so to speak. The generization that women mature faster than men I believe is true because they have to deal with emotions more than men do, which gives them a wider scope.

Us guys see the issue and attack it without thinking it through relying on our determination and strength only, not that women don't have those things, lol, he11 no, but they are smarter and tend to use there brains first.

So boys are stubborn and want to deal with things thier way instead of doing what they are told.They bang there heads stubbornly and rush in

Girls are true to what there emotions tell them is true,(as it links to there convictions} and will abandon something that doesn't serve them, if its to painful or unfair to thier convictions.

Both are subject to learning of course.

That was my take on what he said. At least that way it made sense and didn't DJ women.

I allways thought a clever saying was. "Man may be head of the household but woman is the neck that turns the head"

Thank God for that, men that ignore the counsel of women are foolish, they are way smarter than us in the important things most of the time. We want to keep it simple, and its anything but when it comes many things in life.

My boys were stubborn little guys. My duaghter was the defender of the weak. (PS she was stubborn too)

J
J
Friend's husband texts friend and says, "I feel like I am a chaperone for their first date.

My DD25 met her wonderful hubby when she was 15 and they were both life-guards at the local pool. When I saw the two of them together...I just "knew".

They've been together as a couple for 6 years and married for 4.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
C
Originally Posted by johnstwin
..When I opened his bag, I found most of his clothes still folded and all but two pair of socks still matched and "clean". I asked if he changed his socks or showered the whole week. "We swam every day." was the answer. faint
rotflmao
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
..And the naked thing...almost every night when I tuck DS in bed I get the "Look mama, my peepee is nocturnal!"...Im like yes yes thats just great son...
rotflmao

S
OP Offline
S
I met my WH when I was 15. We started dating when I was 16. My parents started dating when they were 15 and 17. It happens. I don't believe it when people say, "They got married too young. BLAH BLAH BLAH." that doesn't have to mean anything. There are people who get married young and stay together forever and there are people who get married older and barely stay any length of time. There are a lot more factors than how old you were when you got together. With my WH I just KNEW. He KNEW too, just unfortunate that he forgot so easily now huh?

CP, I liked how you explained what that pastor said. That was pretty cool.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
..CP, I liked how you explained what that pastor said. That was pretty cool.

So it made sense? Oh SNAP.

I agree with you about marrying young, I was determined to stay married when I was young too. I guess we let things get out of hand and neither of us were really ready. Even with the OC it was more of my own insecurities that caused me to leave the marriage. It was just to much for me to handle. We met at a time when we were rebeliuos young partiers, and when I straigtened out after marriage and the birth of my first Son, she didn't recognize me. Hence the confusion and A.

I think being in love when your that age is the sweetest and I commend those parents who give thier children the upbringing that respects the marriage commitment. May we all be so blessed.

H
H
I agree with girls having an issue with loyalty. I see it with my DD14. She realizes that WH was wrong in what he did or is doing, but she wants to be in the good with both of us. The boys...definitely behavior issues whether with me or WH. They are very protective of me now though....especially DS11.

Stillhere, that's hilarious about the naked thing....I bet we could write a book about boy isms:)

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
C
C
Im still chuckling about "yes..yes..thats just great son...

S
S
Yes Boys are definitely different...They definitely are missing that shame chromosone(sp) when it comes to wearing any clothes!!!

I remember my DH (now WH) going out to get the mail at the end of our driveway with only his boxer briefs and sneakers on...I said "you cant go out like that" he replied "These are just like shorts no one will even notice"....Next thing I hear is a horn beeping and someone yelling out "NICE UNDERWEAR, DUDE!"

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Yes Boys are definitely different...They definitely are missing that shame chromosone(sp) when it comes to wearing any clothes!!!

I remember my DH (now WH) going out to get the mail at the end of our driveway with only his boxer briefs and sneakers on...I said "you cant go out like that" he replied "These are just like shorts no one will even notice"....Next thing I hear is a horn beeping and someone yelling out "NICE UNDERWEAR, DUDE!"

Lol I laid out in the sun once,(years ago), in my black bikini briefs cuz I thought nobody would know they were underwear. Well they did ..

My DS19 walks into the front yard with his boxer briefs a lot. Must be that chromozone

N
N
LOL! haven't read your thread for a while, Scotty - glad I did because it's always hilarious! smile WH lives in his boxers. And sometimes a dressing gown in the winter. Same clothes every day for a weeks, sometimes. Thought it was just him - glad to know there are other men out there like that! smile

Just got l`il bean circumcised...can`t wait for all the boy-isms to start! smile

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
C
C
...yes...yes..thats just great son.. Sounds like my daughter

Page 125 of 199 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 750 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation