Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2397661 06/28/10 06:26 PM
M
OP Offline
M
My husband filed for divorce due to 15 years of arguing. He was abusive early on, and I had a hard time recovering from that. At first I was a doormat, then I becamse defensive and even mean back to him at times. This is NOT ME, especially since I am a Christian, and he called me "pure cane sugar" before we got married. I've turned into a monster, but now I want to go back to being my sweet self and attract him back. How can I convince him? I am reading books, and I have "The Power of a Praying Wife," but I'm reading "How One of You Can Bring The Two of You Together" by Susan Page. I've been praying like Hannah (I Samuel 1) and Hezekiah, feeling remorse towards God for my wicked unforgiveness, begging God to give me another chance. I want to heal my marriage and then help others do the same. "The Surrendered Wife" book is really helping, too! Thank you all!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3
G
G
Just keep praying for God to direct where HE wants you to be.

R
R
Your words make me think that maybe my wife will forgive me. I pray your husband will open his eyes and heart and understand that it takes two to make a marriage work or make it fall apart.
I will pray your husband will pause in the divorce process and really think about what he is doing. I pray God will place your willingness to work things out on your husbands mind and heart.

I pray God will Bless you and guide you through this rough time.

K
K
**edit**

Last edited by Denali; 08/10/14 08:42 AM. Reason: TOS non MB material

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation