Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 89 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 88 89
N
N
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by Pepperband
NEW RANT

This forum is not a text message forum.

b/c ur not so funny wen u rite lik this

/rant

OMGROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

stickout stickout stickout stickout
Want2Stay

Don't you have a party to be getting ready for????!!!........

naughty

Not

Not,

Listen here little lady! MY stuff has been done for a long time including making enough Rigatoni for 20 plus people.

You'd be SOOO proud! stickout

Meanwhile.....LaLa is dragging butt.

Just kidding...we are all set for our YDS's birthday party. Let the party begin!!!!!!

dance2

Want2Stay
rotflmao......ya right...I BUSTED you and you know it!!!!!..... stickout

I wanna come party. Sounds way more fun than the evening I'm about to have......send my love to every one.......

Not

T
T
My rant is people who talk about making delicious food and then don't offer me any.

M
M
If you can't drive in traffic...

DON'T!

B
B
In MI they are putting traffic circles everywhere! NO one knows how to navigate them! Don't even get me started.

In fact my personal new favorite one has THREE traffic circles in a row.

Last edited by barbiecat; 08/28/10 04:11 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
T
T
I'm sorry, Mark. I was, like, so distracted trying to text my bff while putting on my mascara because I was running late to the pedicure that I just had to get done before picking up my quadruplets from soccer practice.

Besides, my daddy told me that I was his little girl and could do whatever I want!

Do my roots looks gray to you?

M
M
If you are turning into the parking lot at Walmart, then GO into the parking lot at Walmart and don't stop HALFWAY into the parking lot at Walmart and leave ten other cars hanging out in traffic.

You can find a parking place once you are actually IN the parking lot at Walmart...

And why is it that the same folks that can drive 90 MPH between two paint stripes 9 feet apart have to slam on their brakes as soon as a single traffic cone is placed 2 feet outside of one of those two lines?

You know those signs that say the left lane is closed 1 mile ahead, 1/2 mile ahead etc? They put them there so that you will get the hell out of the left lane BEFORE the lane actually closes.

That lane that enters the highway and takes about 1/2 mile to merge into traffic is so that you can press on the GAS and start accelerating so that when you actually pull out into traffic you are going the same speed as everyone else and not 25 MPH slower than everyone else...It's called an acceleration lane because you are supposed to use it to ACCELERATE...

And when the light turns green...push the one on the right...and STOP pushing the one on the left...

You wouldn't have to drive 20 MPH over the limit to get there on time if you would leave home BEFORE you are supposed to be there and actually get up to speed before the next light...

You don't have to stop for nearly as many red lights if you quit stopping and slowing down for all the green ones...

Why is the guy who passed nine cars in the last block directly in front of me at the next light when he was directly beside me at the last one? And why doesn't he actually GO when the light turns green?

If you drive the same road every day, why didn't you know your exit was the next one before you had to cross five lanes to get to it?

And those guys getting off the road are putting on their brakes to slow down so they don't lose control of their cars not to warn you that you should slow down because they saw something you didn't. Look AHEAD of you when you drive and not at your hood ornament. In other words, look where you are going and not where you are or where you have been recently...

The guy to pay the most attention to when you are driving is the driver of the car directly behind the car right in front of you...

[/rant]

S
S
LOL at Mark... ;D

Last edited by stillhere8126; 08/28/10 04:52 PM. Reason: Pep said to text now, right?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Mark....I am sending you a package. The peach colored capsules are called Lithium, and you should take four. The little white one is called Klonopin, and you can take one. smile

A
A
Mark,

It's apparent that you must have been driving in Alabama recently.

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
NC finally established after eight false starts: 1/23/09
Final Version of Events 6/09
In a solid Recovery, and lucky beyond belief.
T
T
HEY! People from Alabama are GREAT drivers...well, not Huntsville or Birmingham. Most of the bad drivers are transplants from Atlanta or Yankees driving through.

Roll Tide

New rant - Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida fans smile

J
J
I think Mark must have taken his vacation in the greater Seattle area. He has described it to a "T".

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
S
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
I was running late to the pedicure

Tsk, tsk. Such poor time management skills.

You do the pedicure on yourself WHILE you are driving to pick up the quadruplets -- you only need one foot and hand at a time to drive.

BFF goes on the speakerphone.

Sigh ... must I tell you people everything?

(I have a D21 -- you seriously do not want to know what they actually think is OK in the driving/multitasking department.)

WS
M: 25 years
D21, S19, S15

Rome wasn't built in a day -- but it was built.
A
A
Okay, if Mark wasn't driving in Alabama, it must have been Waukegan.

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
M
M
My rant is the ridiculously LOW speed limits in my facist police state of a town. If they would raise the speed limits by about 20 mph we would not have these issues.

Besides, how is one supposed to even KNOW the speed limit if you place the signs 5 miles apart?? Like, how can I see it if I am busy talking on my cell phone when I pass it? DO I LOOK LIKE MADAME CLEO??? sigh

That is my rant for the day.... sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
You must have moved to Phil Campbell AL...25 mph speed limit with tiny signs hidden by trees.

Please tell me when it is EVER necessary to only drive 25?????? And I mean prior to being 88 years old and 4'11".

Oh, and don't worry, I don't live in Phil Campbell....I just used to drive through there long ago when I went to THE university.

Last edited by lurioosi2; 08/28/10 09:42 PM.
A
A
Phil Campbell?

The way you describe it makes me think you meant Loachapoka.

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
My rant is the ridiculously LOW speed limits in my facist police state of a town. If they would raise the speed limits by about 20 mph we would not have these issues.

Besides, how is one supposed to even KNOW the speed limit if you place the signs 5 miles apart?? Like, how can I see it if I am busy talking on my cell phone when I pass it? DO I LOOK LIKE MADAME CLEO??? sigh

That is my rant for the day.... sigh

Sounds like some little speed demon got clocked doing 55 in a 35 recently. rotflmao

Mel, you shoulda blamed it on the hairspray...

rotflmao

Want2Stay

C
C
What was that crack about yankees?

Oh mark, what about those people when in heavy traffic for no apparent reason leave 3 car-lengths of space between them and the car in front of them? Is it some kind of statement or something? Are they leaving space for the medivac helicopter thats gonna land to take them to the hospital after someone loses it?

I mean traffic is bad enough, its backed up into the last intersection, and they are leaving wasted space.

Rotarys are only as good as the outside drivers who have the manners to let you out and aren't afraid you will get ahead of them.

Why do people worry about the .02 seconds they will lose to another driver that passes them. Why do people pass others only to get .02 secs ahead of them?

Yes if someone passes you in another lane God loves them more because he stuck you in the slow lane and it means your a loser. You absolutely must at any cost get even by dangerous driving and get ahead of them so you can show them and God your not a loser.

Who the heck is Phil Cambell? Is he related to Glen?

Where did the laws go that gave you a ticket if you changed lanes before signaling? Why don't they make cameras for that?
If you jump in front of someone on the highway JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN or refuse to let them in when they use there signals just because you are afraid they might arrive .02 secs before you, you,..you should have a rotary built in front of your house with a convienience store on it as punishment.

Why wasn't I told of a party and where is my rigatoni? My address is...

Why is it that people who don't care a lot about cars much past making them safe and reliable make the best mechanics?

Why do people who have the discipline to hang out in 100 degree weather on a median for hours and have the quardination not to get run over by passing traffic along with the ability to time it not able to find work? Do they really want to suffer more than they have to or is it love through money they seek? I must be missing something.

End of rant

T
T
I don't drive through "Poka" anymore....I'm a little creeped out that someone here knows where "poka" is. Kinda like Op, Buena Vista (pronounced byoona), and Muscle Shoals.

Oh, and in that crack about Yankees I forgot to make fun of them for saying "you guys" and not knowing what a finger bowl is for....

C
C
Thats "youse guys" which trumps "y'all" I'll see your finger bowl and raise you eating with utensils and a napkin.

Page 16 of 89 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation