Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
B
B
Bumped for SteveInJax

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
C
OP Offline
C
(For those in the kill zone today)

Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

Last edited by chrisner; 09/01/10 10:54 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
I think your "assault the ambush" message is needed in EsoxIreland's thread.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
P

Testosterone boys! Testosterone!
It ain�t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!

M
M
Is there a wimp convention in town?? crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Too many of them are putting all their faith and hope in their lucky rocketship underpants.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Originally Posted by chrisner
Too many of them are putting all their faith and hope in their lucky rocketship underpants.

In EsoxIreland's defense, he is British.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
E
E
Originally Posted by jmwc95

Actually English, and licking my wounds from a full can of well deserved whoop-[censored]

Me BH 45
Her WW 45
Married 9, together 17
D Day 1 8 August 2010
D Day 2 17 August 2010
J
J
Originally Posted by EsoxIreland
Originally Posted by jmwc95

Actually English, and licking my wounds from a full can of well deserved whoop-[censored]

What's the difference? Isn't it like a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square? In the US, we generally mean English when we say British.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
E
E
As an expat I think you get more specific. I'm English, not Welsh or Scottish (and they're very proud of where they come from), but I'm an English republican (hate be "ruled" by a queen).

Me BH 45
Her WW 45
Married 9, together 17
D Day 1 8 August 2010
D Day 2 17 August 2010
H
H
For us nerdy men. (+2 nerd points if you recognize this)

LITANY AGAINST FEAR
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

BH - 29 (me)
WW - 29
Married 12/27/01
2 boys ages 5 and 3
D-Day - (EA)8/21/2010
NC sent Oct 19
WW deployed until Dec 2010
Status -Recovery?
V
V
I'm a nerd, I accept it.

Would you like a little 'spice' with that fear?

Seriously love this thread, it should be bumped more often.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
M
M
Originally Posted by AFSpouse
For us nerdy men. (+2 nerd points if you recognize this)

LITANY AGAINST FEAR
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

How many points do nerdy girls get?

"Tell me of your homeworld, Usul."

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
T
T
I think what you have on this board are men who give a sh-- about their marriage, that's it in a nutshell.

I also know men who have gone looking for the OM with a bat and was successful in finding them and remeding the situation quite quickly. Still lost the marriage, but were not afraid of confrontation.

What you see here (on this board) are men who come here to NOT take a bat to someones legs for f---ing his wife! My mind goes both ways, as I'm sure most men on here do. I have a good friend who went to a poker game and had a funny feeling so he went home to find his wife's legs in the air on the couch. He told me he just said, "both of you, get your sh-- and get out". This is coming from someone who I have seen beat the sh-- out of someone twice his size. He also told me it was the worst thing he's ever felt. He could have easily grab the guy, beat him then turn on his wife. Is that tough enough? Or is it more humane to come to a place like this and try to figure out how to do something that is totally foreign to most of our (men) thinking.

Yes, men move out... that is because we are raised to turn the cheek when women abuse us.
We don't expose... because "we must have a 2" pecker to not be able to keep them out of some other guys bed"
We don't demand they stop... because scolding our wive's behavior is not usually on our radar or list of things and go back to #1 above- turn the other cheek when she flips! ... Come on take it like a man... but don't be mean, you could lose everything you've built for the last 15-20 yrs when she says you beat her for stopping her from hitting you.

Just like women's double standard at work, men have a double standard in the home front.

L
L
Couldn't have said it better mud!

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
T
T
lookin4,

I'm telling you. Women seem to want opposing things out of men, something they think they've mastered, but haven't. You cannot be made of steel and be sensitive. It's like the superman movie. He had to stay superman or he had to get rid of it. Lois Lane wanted both, but then found out he couldn't be both. He ended up getting the crap kicked out of him.

There can definitely be variable on a scale, but don't expect both ends to meet. I guess we are just stupid, hairy things that wouldn't know how to shovel if we weren't taught what end to use.

R
R
There is a big difference between beating the sh*t out of OM or your WW and standing up for your M. Just like there is a big difference between letting WW walk all over you and standing up for your M.

We lived in two different countries for two years. Thank you US Army.

Me-24 FWW/BW
DH-27 FWH/BH
DS-6 years DD- 1 year

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. ~Anaïs Nin

If you aren't sure who you are, you might as well work on who you want to be. ~Robert Brault,

H
H
Honestly, I've found that the best movie that sums up how to be a man that a woman wants and needs is Crocodile Dundee. Silly, I know, but read in between the lines.

He never disrespects her.
He is always courteous and optimistic.
He saves her when she needs to be saved.
He lets her know in his eyes and words that she is beautiful.
He oozes confidence in all he does.
He has a big friggen knife. "That's not a knife....Now that's a knife."

Sure its one of those 80's comedy/romance/action flicks, but I find inspiration where I can.

BH - 29 (me)
WW - 29
Married 12/27/01
2 boys ages 5 and 3
D-Day - (EA)8/21/2010
NC sent Oct 19
WW deployed until Dec 2010
Status -Recovery?
F
F
regarding confronting the OM...

in my 1st marriage I sent a letter to US Customs from the OM. In it I requested a permit to import cocaine. Not for distribution, I assured them, but just for my own personal addiction.

I also removed 2 lug nuts, loaded them with krazy glue, put them back on and flattened his tire. Then his wife had to come pick him up after a yoga class he was taking w/ my XW.

I applied for dozens of credit cards in his name and poured rotten eggs into the air intake of his new Audi. Did a couple of other things that there may be open files on somewhere.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
M
M
Originally Posted by themud
I'm telling you. Women seem to want opposing things out of men, something they think they've mastered, but haven't. You cannot be made of steel and be sensitive. It's like the superman movie. He had to stay superman or he had to get rid of it. Lois Lane wanted both, but then found out he couldn't be both. He ended up getting the crap kicked out of him.

ok, themud, I will tell you what we want. We want a man who is kind, sensitive and affectionate but...............WHO IS MAN ENOUGH TO PUT US IN OUR PLACE WHEN WE NEED IT. If you let us run over you we will hate you for being a doormat.

The problem with the men who come on the forum is that they are the opposite EXTREME of the guy who beats up the OM with a baseball bat. And extremes are not good.

What it takes is a man who respectfully and firmly and SANELY opens up a can of whoop [censored] on the affair. A man who stands up fearlessly when his marriage and family are under assault.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation