Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 89 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 88 89
M
M
Who let all the yankees and foreigners in here??? sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Thats "youse guys" which trumps "y'all" I'll see your finger bowl and raise you eating with utensils and a napkin.

hurray

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
A
A
Luri, you forgot Notasulga and Arab (which for you non-Alabamians, is pronounced A-rabb).

And Mel, I'm now a naturalized Southerner. I know the real Southern secret -- you have to add the sugar to the tea while it's still hot or it won't dissolve and be REAL sweet tea.

BH 52
FWW 50
S26 S24
EA 3/07-1/09
PA 5/07-10/08
NC finally established after eight false starts: 1/23/09
Final Version of Events 6/09
In a solid Recovery, and lucky beyond belief.
M
M
Originally Posted by AheadOfTheCurve
And Mel, I'm now a naturalized Southerner. I know the real Southern secret -- you have to add the sugar to the tea while it's still hot or it won't dissolve and be REAL sweet tea.

ugh on da swate tea! sick That seems to be widely popular over in Louisiana and Arkansas!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Yep -- hot water with sugar...then steep the tea. Although I use nasty splenda now that I am trying to get all skinny and purty and junk.

I'll raise your Notasulga and add a Beatrice, an, Excel, and a Waverly.

New rant....sending your kids to a CHRISTIAN school only to have one of them come home and tell you that kids in her class like to use the "n" word, talk about how nobody likes "Chinese" and Mexicans," etc. I thought it was public school that was supposed to be evil. ugh

L
L
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
What was that crack about yankees?

Oh mark, what about those people when in heavy traffic for no apparent reason leave 3 car-lengths of space between them and the car in front of them? Is it some kind of statement or something? Are they leaving space for the medivac helicopter thats gonna land to take them to the hospital after someone loses it?

I mean traffic is bad enough, its backed up into the last intersection, and they are leaving wasted space.

Rotarys are only as good as the outside drivers who have the manners to let you out and aren't afraid you will get ahead of them.

Why do people worry about the .02 seconds they will lose to another driver that passes them. Why do people pass others only to get .02 secs ahead of them?

Yes if someone passes you in another lane God loves them more because he stuck you in the slow lane and it means your a loser. You absolutely must at any cost get even by dangerous driving and get ahead of them so you can show them and God your not a loser.

Who the heck is Phil Cambell? Is he related to Glen?

Where did the laws go that gave you a ticket if you changed lanes before signaling? Why don't they make cameras for that?
If you jump in front of someone on the highway JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN or refuse to let them in when they use there signals just because you are afraid they might arrive .02 secs before you, you,..you should have a rotary built in front of your house with a convienience store on it as punishment.

Why wasn't I told of a party and where is my rigatoni? My address is...

Why is it that people who don't care a lot about cars much past making them safe and reliable make the best mechanics?

Why do people who have the discipline to hang out in 100 degree weather on a median for hours and have the quardination not to get run over by passing traffic along with the ability to time it not able to find work? Do they really want to suffer more than they have to or is it love through money they seek? I must be missing something.

End of rant

People who SPEED UP when your passing them in the passing lane, even tho for the last thousand years they have been doing 80km in the 100km zone. grumble

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
People who lift off the throttle just as they get beside the vehicle they intend to pass...

And THEN accelerate to go around them, exceed the limit by 20 MPH and then lift again just as they begin to pass the next vehicle.

Or the people who are going 10 MPH faster than you are and so instead of pulling in front of them you wait for them to pass you before pulling out to pass the slower vehicle ahead of you. But instead of passing, they get right along side, right at that point where they vanish from your side mirror and then match your speed for the next 1/2 mile or so causing you to have to put on your brakes, turning the cruise control off and waiting for them to get passed you...

I pull out in front of people at times, but only when I am in a hurry. If you pull out in front of me, I'll slow down so I don't run into you, but PLEASE get on the gas so that I don't have to stop while you decide where you are going next and who you will cut off in the process.

Road construction...

We only have two seasons in Illinois; winter and road construction. Our state flower seems to be the orange traffic cone. It blooms all over the state beginning as soon as the ice melts and remains until snow drifts bury them for another season. Our state mineral is asphalt and or state bird is the construction crane. The state shrub is the orange and white barricade. Our state tree is the stoplight standard and the state motto is:

"Be prepared...

To STOP!"

So now they work on roads at night so traffic isn't tied up all day long and we can be as annoyed at 10pm as we might have been at 10am.

P
P
Mark is so cranky.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Mark is so cranky.
[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

T
T
I had no idea Mark had such a ...prominent nose.

S
S
What is going on around here?

Why is nobody talking to anybody?

Is this another one of your holidays over there?

Honestly, does nobody work any more?

You're always celebrating something!

What is it this time?

Are y'all eating turkey again?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Why you cheeky foreign devil!! sigh

Yes it is a HOLIDAY. A REAL holiday, not a fake one like you silly foreigners observe. MrRollieEyes

It is LABOR DAY, the weekend to not do any labor! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
skeptical i just want to know who let all these foreigners in here! How did you foreigners find us!?? sigh

Exposure 101

S
S
We sneaked back in after you kicked us out!

You can't get rid of us!

Come on. You know you love us really.

What do y'all eat while you're doing no labour? Is it turkey or barbecue?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
skeptical i just want to know who let all these foreigners in here! How did you foreigners find us!?? sigh

MrRollieEyes In the words of Mel..those "silly foreigners"!!!!

and after labor day comes...

[Linked Image from myemoticons.com]

My baby is goin into fourth grade.. crybaby I am gonna miss him soooo much. I hate that they grow up so fast.. sigh

Thats my rant for the day...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
We sneaked back in after you kicked us out!

You can't get rid of us!

Come on. You know you love us really.

What do y'all eat while you're doing no labour? Is it turkey or barbecue?

sigh... sigh We don't eat turkey in the summer!! Do you foreigners know nuthin?? We eat BBQ, of course! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
My baby is goin into fourth grade.. crybaby I am gonna miss him soooo much. I hate that they grow up so fast.. sigh

Yes, they sure do!! crybaby Here is my little fella at his huntin trip last weekend. The one on the right:

[Linked Image from sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net]

Exposure 101

S
S
Your little fella is handsome, Mel...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Blimey.

Your little man is very cute, but he's a bit big for a fourth grader.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
When did he start to shave?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 17 of 89 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation