Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 76 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 75 76
W
W
Maybe the pet salon was for her......being a female dog and all, ya know.

rotflmao

I'm sure she is not allowed in any human spas, those are for classy ladies only.

She doesn't qualify.

I sure hope the court sees all this wastefulness and irresponsibility. They should be thrown in the slammer for fraud by filing for bankruptcy and then spending this way.

H
OP Offline
H
From your mouth to God's and the Judge's ears!!!

H
H
Originally Posted by Holyheart
And Bimbo - she charged a trip to a pet salon. Please tell me a judge wouldn't grant a bankruptcy to stupid people who charge luxury services for their dog? It's comical at times.

Are you sure that the pet salon charge was not for Bimbo? Maybe she went in to be fixed so she would no longer be a female biotch

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
OP Offline
H
Not much happening this past week. Did get a call from D!ck's bankruptcy attorney. He left a very vague message using words like "consideration of filing" and "potential bankruptcy" which means -- to me -- that even this attorney is not totally convinced that D!ck can file.

He's suppose to call back this week. If this attorney does want to meet with me, I'll take along my FIL since my own attorney is no help whatsoever.

Won't it be interesting when FIL asks innocently if Bimbo is a part of the bankruptcy since she's the main reason D!ck's in this financial pickle? I mean -- if the court needs to liquidate assets -- why should HER assets be excluded especially since D!ck lives in her house and has spent thousands on items for it -- including a new BBQ since I wouldn't let him take the one from our house.

Thank goodness I've kept track of enough of his credit card transactions to PROVE that "it's not ME" with the spending problem. I KNOW D!ck's telling everyone that I'm a "bitter b!t*h" who racked up all the charges to "get back at him."

Let's just hope this bk attorney has enough brains to realize that D!ck's lying to him -- like he's lied to both his attorneys, and his parents, and his friends, and his employer, and our kids, and ME. And I will not commit fraud. No sir!!

D!ck cannot stop lying!!! Now bring in another player -- ANOTHER attorney for him to try and fool. Sooner or later -- the house of cards falls and D!ck will have to face the consequences.

I'm getting tired of this gamesmanship. I know -- outwit, outplay, outlast. Three years of this crap and it's getting old. Another "job" I didn't sign up for!!!

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
N
N
Hi HH! Good to hear from you. Didn't you give D!ck 5 days to respond to your settlement offer? Did he respond? Why isn't the court holding him in contempt for not turning in his financial documents?

Seems like your attorney is s wimp. Have you run through the retainer yet? Have you considered getting a new attorney? What do you have to loose at this point by starting with a new one?

I remember trying to avoid and delay court dates until I found out that they just meant that the attorneys had a deadline and would look at my case. Unless they had that date looming, they ignored me.

C
C
Hey HH,

Probably time that you enlighten D!cks atty as to the Vegas trips and all of the other reckless spending that went on. I would bet my posterior that he has no idea. He will probably drop him like a hot potatoe of he finds out.

I can certainly understand your sitch. Mine was 2 1/2 years getting settled. I put my attys kid through college. And then some.

I know that you are at the mercy of the court system. Hang in there. It will be over one day.

Honestly though, I think I would look at a new atty who will go in with blazing guns and get this thing finalized for you.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
E
E
Mean attorney. Pit bull needed. D!ick's picle is the reason he's in this in the first place.

Have him jailed for contempt. I brought my ex in 2x for contempt charges when he also claimed his company was failing (b/c he was spending thousands upon thousands on himself and his other woman/women)and thus he couldn't pay cs, the house (in the sep agreement for me), or for the finances which were his part.

Tell your attny what to do or threaten them with new attny.

Hugs. You can do this!!!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
OP Offline
H
Neese -- you are exactly right. He was given 5 days to respond. He didn't. When I asked my attorney what's the consequences for not responding, he said "nothing." He said D!ck wants to pursue the bankruptcy instead of submitting a counter settlement. What does that tell you? D!ck's looking for ANY way out that won't include him paying me.

The retainer money is holding up somehow. Granted -- I paid the equivalent of "two" retainers, and it's covered my legal expenses for over a year. Yes, my attorney doesn't do much so I guess I get what I pay for. He doesn't DO anything when D!ck lies to the court or fails to provide discovery documents like pay check stubs. Why? I really believe it's part of a "good ole boy" agreement since attorneys never know when they will be on the other end of needing a favor. So at MY expense, my attorney plays nice -- even refusing to pull the trigger when it's TOTALLY warranted.

You guys are right -- my attorney is a major league wimp. Yes, I'd do better with a bulldog. Let me see how this thing plays out with the bankruptcy attorney first before I seriously consider a replacement.

E
E
My ex took over a year to provide the discovery items too. He was placed in contempt for that and we had an emergency hearing within two weeks. Can you get one?

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
OP Offline
H
The next D hearing is the first week in November so I doubt it would do any good to try and schedule another one before then.

And my current thinking is that the bankruptcy might be just the ticket to full discovery. Afterall, D!ck WANTS me to join him on this -- even offering to pay my fees. The attorney is not going to represent D!ck in this if he doesn't disclose the truth about his earnings and spending. Right? It's not the same as pulling the wool over his STBXW's eyes -- it would be THE GOV'T. If he lies to me -- who cares? If he lies to the bankruptcy judge? -- off to the slammer.

Perhaps I just sit by, smile and look pretty and give D!ck all the rope he needs to hang himself. The facts are the facts. To ignore them, doesn't change them.

H
H
Maybe I will bring up the same word "contempt" in the enforcement hearing on tuesday.

He will be dragging himself into court after a weekend away with PP for her birthday spending money like water and drinking into oblivion and then coming to court saying "I have no money".

Unbelievable

HH sit pretty and keep putting more and more rope and then stand on the side of a cliff and look down.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
OP Offline
H
Chin up, chest out, CONFIDENCE -- Hope. Don't give him a chance. Make him cry!!!

THAT is the wedding gift they deserve. Good thing Vegas has penny slots and free drinks.

P
P
Not much happening this past week. Did get a call from D!ck's bankruptcy attorney. He left a very vague message using words like "consideration of filing" and "potential bankruptcy" which means -- to me -- that even this attorney is not totally convinced that D!ck can file.

Are you sure it wasn't a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy"? If that's the case and his attorney files this, it will essentially put the divorce case on hold until the bankruptcy matter is settled.

I suspect this is what's in the works. However, if he does this, an October wedding is out of the question.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
However, if he does this, an October wedding is out of the question.

It's Hope's WxH who is planning the 10/10/10 wedding in Vegas.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
Originally Posted by chrisner
However, if he does this, an October wedding is out of the question.

It's Hope's WxH who is planning the 10/10/10 wedding in Vegas.

Oops! Thanks Chris.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
OP Offline
H
Yeah... D!ck's just the stupid guy who's still married to me AND engaged to Bimbo.

Here's excerpts from the message left by the bankruptcy attorney. I haven't talked with him directly yet.

"I've consulted with D!ck on possible bankruptcy case"... "want to talk with you about possible case" "what D!ck focused me on is the fact that there's $125K of unsecured debt owed"... "options to deal with that debt" "possibility of actually filing a joint bankruptcy case which would not have any impact on your ability to receive support payments or property division under your family law case"

Like I said -- vague references -- but he said he's willing to share with me the discussions he and D!ck had. I don't want to scare him off if he can do me some good. Like I said earlier, he might be the ticket to getting to the bottom of D!ck's finances.

The backup documents I've been collecting all along -- d!ck's Vegas trips, on-line gambling charges, Bimbo's business charges, etc. MAY be just what a fraud investigator is looking for.

And check Hope's thread. Her WXH is getting deeper and deeper in the pig pen. She can use everyone's support as 10/10/10 approaches.

H
H
Hi HH,

clark kent posted this in documentdocument.
Thought it might be helpful to you.

After spending two years going through divorce proceedings in CA, and being pro per (no attorney), I've found that judges really don't care for he said she said type of statements. Make your point and move on to the next point. Don't get riled up because your soon to be X tells a lie to the court, let them finish whatever they are telling the judge.

Judges in CA have very full dockets. Don't waste their time. I would suggest that you go in to court with a Plan C(ourt). Sit down and figure out exactly what you want to get out of this court. Plan your case accordingly.

If you are going to go pro per then by all means go to the court before your trial date and sit in their watching everything that happens. I found it to be quite instructive. Also remember that you will not have the same privileges as the attorneys. At my local superior court you are not allowed to enter the court if you are not on the docket until after first break.

The thing that I did is just watched all the players, involved. I would highly recommend visiting the court even if you have an attorney. You are going to be nervous. Visiting will help with the stage freight.

Go to court prepared. Pen, pencil, and notebook is a must have. When at the table facing the judge. Take notes on a consistent basis. Even if those notes include finishing off your drawing of mickey mouse.

Do not make faces or show emotion to your soon to be X. Oh except it is always good that when your attorney leans down to say something to you that you chuckle just a little bit after.

Divorce cases are notorious for being continued. Don't be surprised if nothing gets done that day. The first, second, or third time you go to court.

Always take someone to chat with when you are outside the courtroom. If this is not possible get a good book to read. Every time I have gone to court, I was bored. Brought pencils and paper, books, and puzzles.

One last thing NEVER talk over the judge. Always let him finish whatever he is saying. I know you are nervous and the soon to be X is lying and your now angry, You just got to say something. DON'T! Just finish your mickey mouse drawing or write a quick bullet point that soon to be X is lying. To be honest the judge probably doesn't care because it isn't germane to the discovery that the judge or attorneys are trying to get through.

Hope this helps.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
OP Offline
H
Yep, that's my view of CA courts, too. LOTS of wasted time AND money. I bring a book, text friends, plan on a wasted day. If anything productive happens, it comes as a surprise.

We all have our breaking point. When we get tired of playing the game. When we pick up our toys -- or leave them behind -- and just walk away.

H
OP Offline
H
Did anyone post about George Lopez?

It's been reported that he's been with prostitutes and his wife found out. His WIFE who saved his LIFE when she donated a kidney for him 5 years ago. What was he thinking? Thought he was a close friend of Sandra Bullock so he should be aware of the pain caused by infidelity.

I hate that the list of cheaters keeps growing and growing. Maybe it's just that we're finding out about them due to websites and technology and selfish no body blabbermouths who want to make a buck during their 15 minutes of fame.

What is wrong with people? THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY. Can't be any plainer than that!!!!!

B
B
Remember, D*ck Hired this counselor, His client is D*ck. Do not share any documents/info that you have collected that you do not want D*ck to find out about.
This I know with some certainty. Watch your back.

Secondly, this may be a fabulous opportunity to see D*cks cards and get hard copy documentation.

"Come into my parlour," said the spider to the fly.
The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again;

Last edited by barbiecat; 09/29/10 08:57 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
Page 61 of 76 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation