Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 44 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 43 44
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You can snicker with impunity, but anyone who rofl's at me can post an embarrassing anecdote of themselves!!!

Thanks, Ellen. I got way more from this board than I ever bargained for, and free besides! Every day that my hubby walks in the door after a hard day's work and kisses me, every night that he snuggles me close and says he loves me...that is a miracle God used MB to accomplish.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by Neak
Thanks, Ellen. I got way more from this board than I ever bargained for, and free besides!
Yes; you got to broadcast your pillow talk across the universe! You would never have done that if Dr Harley hadn't taught you to meet your H's ENs enthusiastically! rotflmao

Oh, right. I owe you an anecdote. Well, Dr Harley's work encouraged me to entice my H back to bed after we sent our son to school, and we were nearly caught by the builder, who had a key. He wasn't supposed to arrive until later. He knew exactly what we were doing, too.

He lives in my street, and oh, the shame each time we pass each other...

I'm doing up the house so we can move.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao By now you're very well acquainted with the builder's kneecaps.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
rotflmao By now you're very well acquainted with the builder's kneecaps.
What are you incinerating, Neakie?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If you could look him in the eye, you'd realize that he can't look you in the eye, either.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
It's not my eyes I'm worried about.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2476309 02/14/11 12:29 AM
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Last night was Date Night!!!

We've gotten to spend lots of time on the phone with each other, but not as much in person, so we planned a special night, of sorts.

I have been sooooo sick, sneezing and sniffling and staggering around in a mucosal haze, so going out anywhere was pretty much out of the ACHOOOOO question. Add a thick coat of ice on the roads, and we would have stayed home in any case.

The kids went to spend the night at Mom & Dad's house, and I dashed home to start cooking a yummy Mexican dinner. After cranking the oven on, I started to change into some pretty clothes for our date.

As it turned out, I just ended up cooking in flannel pajamas. blush Funny how that worked out.

We had enchiladas, fried rice with chiles, watched a movie, and I was out cold by 9:30, under the influence of a full dose of night-time Theraflu. Ok, so date night doesn't mean exactly the same thing as when I was 25, but it was fun while I lasted. grin

That it happened on the 6-yr anniversary of D-day was only coincidence. That was another lifetime ago.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I am hopelessly behind the news here, and it's still going to take a while to catch up. So everyone knows I'm alive and well, or alive anyway, here is a quick update of what's been going on here.

I've been sick since February 1. Mom has been sick since the middle of Feb. She hasn't had a voice since the beginning of March, though today she managed to croak a little above a whisper.

During that time, the kids have been sick with several different strains of things. I finished my EMT class, passed the final test, and passed my national skills exam. As soon as the system updates, I can take my national written exam and get my license.

Toward the end of Feb, we found out the hard way that our furnace was emitting fairly low levels of carbon monoxide. The symptoms are different than the classic acute poisoning, and once I was sick and indoors all day every day, I was not doing too well. (HAVE YOU CHECKED OR GOTTEN YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS TODAY???) Of course that could have been far worse, so even with all the illness, I am overflowing with gratitude.

In the course of testing to make sure the CO was coming out of my system ok, the PA found out I was very deficient in Vitamin D, not surprising for someone who hates milk and lives in the Frozen Northland where the sun is barely more than a rumor for months on end. And right about then I caught the mean strain of bronchitis that Mom had already been battling for several weeks.

Thursday was the musical concert at the school, where the kids played and sang and I was the accompanist for several numbers, Friday we had a blizzard, and today I passed the written test to hopefully get my schoolbus endorsement. (Most of their drivers are also farmers, and spring planting is coming up.)

Work continues on my next book. Have I left anything out? Oh, I am the church treasurer for now, and am switching everything over to an accounting program instead of giant sheets in triplicate, filled out by hand. I have messed up several of the accounts in the program and have to figure out how to make them balance out, and the church checking account is off by a penny that I haven't been able to find yet. AJ said he'll give me a penny, but I'm not sure if that would even it out, or make me off by .02 instead.

That's what I've been up to in a nutshell, emphasis on the NUT. MB peeps remain in my prayers.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You will never guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been offered a position as a school bus driver. The school superintendent stopped by yesterday and spoke to AJ, since I wasn't there.

I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Does it show?)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Nope. I would say that you could care less......HAHAHAHA

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
I just want to say that I read your story a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. I hope I have a story with a happy ending some day. smile

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
I just want to say that I read your story a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. I hope I have a story with a happy ending some day.

Oh hunny, I know I am T/Jing here, and I hope Neak won't mind, but you WILL have a happy ending. It may not be the one you think is IT right now though, but stick to MB and you WILL become happy, in the future. hug end T/J

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
For the kids sake, more than for my sake, I hope it has my husband as still my husband. I could get over it more than they can...

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Happy endings come in all shapes and sizes. You'll get yours. smile I do hope it's the one that's best for the kids, and if it's not, they will look to you in their healing. They are so blessed to have you.

I wonder if these poor kids are ready for me............

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
You will never guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been offered a position as a school bus driver. The school superintendent stopped by yesterday and spoke to AJ, since I wasn't there.

I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Does it show?)
Congratulations, Neak! Those kids are lucky to have you!

Does this mean you'll have to dig the bus out of the snow in the winter?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
V
V
That bus doesn't, by chance, come with "KARMA" on its plates, does it?

I mean, SOMEbody's gotta' drive it... laugh

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Maybe I can pencil it in. I am SO qualified to drive the karma bus. laugh

Shhhhhh, no talk of digging or snow or anything. Don't you peoples know it's SUMMER??????

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Hey Neak I saw you had been sick on another thread so I looked your thread up to wish you well.

Can you warn us when you are gonna be driving the karma bus? Im not sure if it owes me anything still, lol. (Shhhhhh!)

Grats on the bus thing and good to have you back.

S
S
Just realized that I didn't say GRATS. Sorry bout that.

GREAT JOB.

dance2 hurray

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 38 of 44 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation