Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2454290 12/19/10 07:44 PM
T
OP Offline
T
On a lighter note, any good ideas out there to get a wife for Christmas for a husband who has not bought gifts yet.

J
J
Ummm....some more information would be helpful.

What does she like? It really depends on what she has told you she enjoys or would like to learn to do.

If she likes to read, then maybe books or a magazine subscription. If she likes to cook, then maybe some cooking lessons for some type of cooking she has never done yet but has expressed an interest in-such as Cajun or Italian.

If she likes theater or the performing arts-tickets to an upcoming show or even season tickets to a local theater group.

It's really about knowing what she likes, and finding something that will show her that you "know" her.

Hope this helps-

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

T
OP Offline
T
Those seem like decent ideas. Any ideas that are on the cheaper side?

J
J
How "cheap"? I totally understand being strapped for $ but it really doesn't take much to speak to a woman's heart.

If you know what kind of music she likes, you could get some CD's from the library and burn them onto a CD for her.

If you know what kind of books she likes to read, you can get bunch at a used book store or at Value Village or Goodwill.

If you know that she enjoys being in the great outdoors, you can make a "coupon book" with promises of treks to local parks and lakes etc.

Does that help? I have more ideas if you can give me even more info.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

F
F
How about "something from the heart?"

You might burn a CD of her favorite tunes, so she'll have something to listen to without having the change discs.

Or maybe a photo collage of the two of you, places you've been, wedding photos, fond memories, etc?

If you're handy in the kitchen, you might cook up her favorite meal. Or perhaps you can put together a gift basket with her favorite condiments (nuts, jams, teas, biscuits, etc.).

Sometimes the best gifts aren't the ones that have the fanciest wrapping or the expensive price tag. A little time and thought can result in a memorable gift!

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
OP Offline
T
Maybe thats the hard part, I haven't thought about it at all. Been busy, now I actually have some time.

J
J
Tom-

Here's an example just to give you an idea...when our first DD was born, my FXH gave me a purse. Other men were bringing flowers. He bought me a purse that closed over the top with a flap that had a magnet that closed it.

He noticed that his ADD/tomboy wife was very clueless about purses. I never used a purse when I was in high school or college and he noticed that once I had one, I forgot to secure it. So he got me one that latched on its own with a magnet.

I still have that purse. I kept it because it showed me that he really "knew" me. That's what women want IMO, to know that our H's "know" us...

Not sure if this helps....

johnstwin-

H
H
I dressed my wife for Christmas this year. I spent $100 and got her 3 outfits along with a couple new pairs of jeans.

She didn't really have any "dress up" clothes, so got her loaded down.

Course, it helps that I know her size, and that she trusts my style.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
C
What do you WANT to give her, Tom?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
T
OP Offline
T
Its not a matter of what I want to get her. Its a matter of what she would be happy getting that I would be okay spending money on.

L
L
I love Cornishwear. One year when we were a bit strapped for $$$, DH bought me a small Cornishware bowl from a 2nd hand shop, and filled it with chocolate buttons. I love chocolate too smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
OP Offline
T
Ok, so I decided on her gifts and think we will like them very much. Clothes (acutally picked them out myself). And a book that I know she will be happy about (a little more expensive than I would normally spend on a book, but I knew she would not get it for herself)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 457 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation