Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I've seen some advice that people should take screen shots of incriminating emails and forum postings to use as evidence of wrongdoing.

A better idea would be to save the pages as html AND print them out (to keep in a safe location), and to forward all incriminating emails to another email address. Actually, I think it wuold be a good idea to create two NEW email addresses and email any incriminating stuff to both of them.

Screen shots can be very easily faked. I know, because I just tried it out last night to see if it could be done.

Faked screenshots were once used against me.

So, if any of you have seen some so-called screen shots that seem to indicate someone did something underhanded, you should take into consideration that the screen shot may actually be a lie.

It is better to actually go to the source of the page that is supposedly on the screen shot, if possible. Whether you can actually view the source depends on whether a password is required or not.

Just giving a heads up to folks who believe everything they see. wink

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 01/23/11 04:12 PM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M
Good comment, Lady C. I've also seen posters on various forums swearing to have incriminating emails that indicate nefarious deeds of others. Emails are very easily faked as well. Yes, email headers can be investigated to confirm the origination of the email - unless a proxy server is used.

Lots of potential for fakery exists in the internet world.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
And fakery in the phone world. Fake a call and Fake a Text are free aps. I can't believe how easily it is to frame someone with these. The fake number even shows up on the phone bill. Unbelievable. My guess is that not all judges are aware of these devices so it's important to get the word out. I feel badly for law enforcement now days with devices that encourage deception.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
M
M
Originally Posted by Holyheart
And fakery in the phone world. Fake a call and Fake a Text are free aps. I can't believe how easily it is to frame someone with these. The fake number even shows up on the phone bill. Unbelievable. My guess is that not all judges are aware of these devices so it's important to get the word out. I feel badly for law enforcement now days with devices that encourage deception.
I sent an email to my H after the A. FROM HIM,TO HIM.

Believe nothing without verifying.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
Great advice Lady C. I used to web design on the side and it is very EASY to manipulate html code, create a new page, preview the page and claim it is the original. Heck, anybody can do it using the basic Notepad program on their computer.

I would NEVER trust a screenshot sent to me via email.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation