Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2472071 02/04/11 09:47 AM
F
OP Offline
F
A thread for the discussion of Keyloggers. Please rate the keylogger programs you have used and describe their effectiveness and ease of installation.

F
F
I purchased and installed WebWatcher (http://www.awarenesstech.com/Cheating/). I got the data I needed, so I can't complain, but there are other programs people here will recommend ahead of it.

The one thing I liked most about it was that I could log on to the secure collection website to see what my cheating spouse was doing. I did not have to read emails that could have been intercepted or which could have given me away if I accidentally left my computer and email exposed.

As keyloggers do, it captured passwords, text messages, emails and web sites visited.

Since I got what I needed, I can't complain about it, and thus suggest comparing it to other keylogger programs to see which meets your needs best.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Another good one is eblaster because you only have to access the computer once. It emails the reports and records all keystrokes and IM chats. It costs around $100 and is easy to install.

They sell another one at the same company that is for computers you have daily access to called spectorpro.

They are at www.spectorsoft.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Stealth iBot Computer Spy � $149.00 [installed via USB port]
here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Desktop Shark. Free and very basic, but it gives you an idea of what to look for. You can purchase more functionality, but the free application allows you to see everything that is typed by the person who is logged on. It shoes no indication that it is running unless you open the page.

ME: 45 FBS
FWH: GloveOil 43
D-Day 1/7/09 (A: 10/08-1/09)
DD: 16
DS: 12
Married: 19 years
In love for 24+ years and counting!
M
M
I agree with Desktop shark .. i have been mentioning it on several SSA threads. Best I have ever found ... and the price is great too .. free.

www.desktopshark.com

P
P
Using on my kids laptops right now.

Worth the price and easy to configure.

Me - 46
Wife - 43
2 x DD
Married 18 yrs - known each other for 22 yrs
Woke up 12/2009 and realized I was an idiot for neglecting my WIFE!
S
S
Somebody mentioned remote installation - without needing physically to access the device. Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently, the spyware is sent in an email that downloads when opened.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
I have tried several out there and they all seemed to do that except you have to have physical contact with the remote computer to disable the spy ware, so it really does not do any good. I have not found one that will install itself without having to disable the firewall, if any one knows about one, I would like to know too. But here is what I have done, I got eblaster on the home computer and got the passwords for his email at work, and now I am finding out that he is sending cute little notes to a couple of his co-workers arggghhhh!! I want that stopped!! Any suggestions? Can't email the OW husband as that might free her to be with my H, and I can't confront him with out him knowing I "peeked" into his work email! I am at a loss!

F
F
Originally Posted by Eleonor
I have tried several out there and they all seemed to do that except you have to have physical contact with the remote computer to disable the spy ware, so it really does not do any good. I have not found one that will install itself without having to disable the firewall, if any one knows about one, I would like to know too. But here is what I have done, I got eblaster on the home computer and got the passwords for his email at work, and now I am finding out that he is sending cute little notes to a couple of his co-workers arggghhhh!! I want that stopped!! Any suggestions? Can't email the OW husband as that might free her to be with my H, and I can't confront him with out him knowing I "peeked" into his work email! I am at a loss!
Eleonor, are you posting on the SAA (Surviving an Affair) forum? If not, please start a thread there and ask how to demolish this affair. Right away (it's the weekend, so responses will be slower in coming than during the week).

St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
Originally Posted by Eleonor
Any suggestions? Can't email the OW husband as that might free her to be with my H, and I can't confront him with out him knowing I "peeked" into his work email! I am at a loss!

You most certainly should contact the OW husband if you want to kill the affair. Elenor, this forum is not an advice forum for infidelity. You need to start a thread over on the Surviving an Affair forum so folks can show you how to save your marriage.

Exposure 101

B
B
No I haven't, I will thank you, I wasn't sure where to post!

F
F
There is a keylogger program for Mac (a Windows version is available, too) called Refog Keylogger for Mac. There is a free trial version and the full version retails for only $39.95.

I haven't used it, so I can't vouch for it, but there is a demo video and the website has a lot of information about it.

http://www.refog.com

St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Another good one is eblaster because you only have to access the computer once. It emails the reports and records all keystrokes and IM chats. It costs around $100 and is easy to install.

They sell another one at the same company that is for computers you have daily access to called spectorpro.

They are at www.spectorsoft.com

On my Windows Vista computer, Windows Defender detected eblaster 2011 and deleted the program.

To get around this, make sure you disable Windows Defender before installing eblaster. Turn it back on after the installation is complete and make sure you add the exception files that eblaster gives you.

The names of these files change each time you reinstall eblaster so you'll have to enter them in again if eblaster is detected and deleted.

There is a write-up on how to get around Windows Defender. If you go to www.spectorsoft.com, go to the "Support" tab at the top, then eblaster, then "knowledge base". Enter your serial number and then do a search for "Windows Defender". It'll pull up the articles that you need.

Hope this helps someone.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
L
I am having problems with the eblaster. It sends reports but doesn't pass along the actual keystrokes now. It did at the beginning but it stopped. The only thing the keystrokes say is "bbbbbbb uuuuuuuuu ccc" stuff like that.

My crappy keylogger system I have on there that I got for free is doing a whole better job.

M
M
Originally Posted by LoveCAG
I am having problems with the eblaster. It sends reports but doesn't pass along the actual keystrokes now. It did at the beginning but it stopped. The only thing the keystrokes say is "bbbbbbb uuuuuuuuu ccc" stuff like that.

My crappy keylogger system I have on there that I got for free is doing a whole better job.
Can you access the computer, go online and test it to see what it reports for your visit? Visit FB, check your email, etc. then see what it reports?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
It isn't recording period now... even when I turn the computer on. I have another keylogger on there that is working just fine but it doesn't send reports, I have to access it manually. My wife still doesn't know it is on the computer AT ALL. Even though I feel we are in recovery I don't know if I should tell her this detail or not! lol

M
M
LoveCAG, I would delete it and reinstall it and see what happens. There is a help line where you can call eblaster for problems. I have to say I have NEVER EVER experienced a problem with eblaster and wonder if your wife has discovered it or it has been found by your anti-spyware?

Exposure 101

N
N
Originally Posted by LoveCAG
It isn't recording period now... even when I turn the computer on. I have another keylogger on there that is working just fine but it doesn't send reports, I have to access it manually. My wife still doesn't know it is on the computer AT ALL. Even though I feel we are in recovery I don't know if I should tell her this detail or not! lol

Try opening the eblaster on the monitored computer. It may have been deleted. Mine was deleted the other day by Windows Defender--guess an update or something taught it what to look for?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
L
She didn't discover it, probably the antivirus got it blocked when the software was updated. When I get the time, I'll get it fixed. I usually quickly read keylogs when she was go to the bathroom.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation