Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
wow, this is insight to what i will probably be going through at some point...i hope that you will have peace of mind through this and rememeber it isn't your fault, he chooses his own actions.

Me 29
WH 35
M on 1/14/06
D4 & S2.5
K
K
Hey, if you mean me, I have total peace of mind! smile It all gets better with time...

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
P
P
So? How's the patient?

S
SidneyT Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
So? How's the patient?

The patient was discharged home on Tuesday. He was prescribed an antidepressant as well as an antipsychotic (one commonly used with Bipolar). He has follow-up appointments with both a therapist and a psychiatrist and he's supposedly going to attend a support group for depression/bipolar. His mom is with him for the next week.

He text me again the next day saying he was 'broken and confused' and didn't want to stall my healing but would be willing to talk to me and answer any questions I might have about him leaving. He also said he's considering a career change because his job is 'too much' for him. (he's a Marriage & Family Therapist!!!)

I haven't responded. He always was so good at projecting his own 'stuff' onto me. My healing is just fine!!! But since he's struggling he assumes I am too.

Is it cruel to blow him off like I have been?

K
K
Originally Posted by SidneyT
He also said he's considering a career change because his job is 'too much' for him. (he's a Marriage & Family Therapist!!!)
rotflmao

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
C
C
ummmm, well, that is for you to decide if it is cruel to blow him off now, but I think it deals with where you are at in your healing. My WxW tried to talk to me tonight about her "feelings" and why she had an affair and I had to just cut her off. I was nice but I did tell her flat out that I didn't really care. I can't allow myself to care. She needs to do something on her own for once! Besides, she has OM to care about that stuff now. Not me.....

However, a year from now, I cannot say what I would do.

KC summed up what I was thinking in the above post, however.

LBS (ME) 36
WAW 37
1 D
2 SD
Bomb Nov 2010 sep Jan 2011
S
SidneyT Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Leaving our daughter's teacher conference's he cornerned me in the parking lot (DD was not there) and thanked me for 'helping him out' while he was in the hospital (not sure what I did other than get his guns out of his apartment and kept our DD on his scheduled weekend).

He then said he wanted to apologize for how he handled things when he left last year. "My heart was f'd up and I didn't know what else to do. I hid things from you and lied to you. There was no affair but there might as well have been".

Still denying an affair? Fogbabble? Whatever.

M
M
SidneyT, I browsed also through your original "husband blindsided us" thread and I must say that you have to cease the contact with him somehow. Take it from me as from outside viewer - this "apology" looks like some kind of sick game to draw you back into the mud. And the game seems to escalate - this cornering in parking lot gives me creeps, it's like some movie with psycho husband involved.

You must get out.

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
B
B
who is in possession of the weapons today? I hope you gave them to his mother.

Larsony, transport of stolen goods. .. If this turns ugly -- it can turn real ugly.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
T
T
Originally Posted by barbiecat
who is in possession of the weapons today? I hope you gave them to his mother.

Larsony, transport of stolen goods. .. If this turns ugly -- it can turn real ugly.

Yup, agreed!

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation